Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
    Good Luck at the Medical.
    Is there any luck in being told to 'bend over' That's just preperation for being a Division Employee
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
      Good Luck at the Medical.
      Phoenix23, how do you like the job so far??
      " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
        Phoenix23, how do you like the job so far??
        I spoke with two of our new guys (In FTO now) last night, and they really love the job so far. Maybe Phoenix23 was one of them?

But just 3 weeks in, who wouldn't.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          I spoke with two of our new guys (In FTO now) last night, and they really love the job so far. Maybe Phoenix23 was one of them?

But just 3 weeks in, who wouldn't.

very true. Wanted to see if he had any stories so far...haha
          " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
            very true. Wanted to see if he had any stories so far...haha
            I saw that Troop E is getting 3 guys right out of the academy... congrats to those that are are staying at home (or close) in western NY. The new guy we have in Zone seems to be a great guy... Traffic stops he calls in seem to take forever (I hate not hearing from someone on the radio 3 minutes after they call out the stop) but thats just a 5 year guy (with time comes speed) who operates by the 'sniff and go' principal talking.... Hopefully no one out of this class is told to resign or be fired (like in my class) in less than 6 moths out of FTO.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• On average, what percentage of each graduating class gets sent to K?
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                On average, what percentage of each graduating class gets sent to K?
                B, F and K are pretty much a lock out of the academy but it depends on senior guys who are looking to transfer that dictate recruit movement.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• I follow this thread pretty regulary, and I don't remember this question being asked, but if it has, I apologize.

What is the percentage of the current force that is up for retirement in the next couple of years?

Thanks!

Comment

• Medical today...

Went to Medical today and passed with flying colors.161 people were invited today and approx. 140 showed up. They said Academy invites will all be sent out over next 2 weeks and so far they expect to hire approx 106 people with more depending on the State budget. Good luck to everyone who passed today. Hope to see you guys April 21st.
                    sigpic
                    IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Just wondering if there is a certain percentage of each class that is dedicated to minority's and females? I went to the medical today as well and passed, Good luck to all

Comment

• Medical

Ya, try that you will see those invites in 3 to 4 weeks. I agree that about 140 showed up today. Now the most important and stressfull wait begins. Mailman beware.
                        NYSP............
                        Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
                        Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Don't get me started

Originally posted by OOC910 View Post
                          Just wondering if there is a certain percentage of each class that is dedicated to minority's and females? I went to the medical today as well and passed, Good luck to all
                          Affirmative Action (reverse discrimination) sucks and has no place in a police job. I want someone out there with me on a traffic stop that has proven him/herself capable of being a police officer based on merit not on what color their skin is or what tree they decide to worship. Civil Service tests give no advantage to someone who supposedly had an opportunity for a better education or lives in a nicer house. Reading comprehension is all our test is about... not graduate school level physics.

I will add to this post that if you make it through the academy and are able to look at the class pictures... it is obvious there was an agenda (no doubt forced by some civilian who doesn't know a thing about police work or have any common sense) for a short period of time several years ago.
                          Last edited by Trooper4985; 03-15-2008, 06:46 PM.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                            Went to Medical today and passed with flying colors.161 people were invited today and approx. 140 showed up. They said Academy invites will all be sent out over next 2 weeks and so far they expect to hire approx 106 people with more depending on the State budget. Good luck to everyone who passed today. Hope to see you guys April 21st.
                            Medical

I was at the Medical today as well and I know for a fact that there were over 140 candidates that showed up. The minimal # of candidates that showed up was 149, but again, that was the minimal. I know this because of the numbered index cards handed out as they were categorized differently for both males and females. My educated guess is somewhere around 150+.

Being that 161 people were invited to the medical and nobody really knows how many passed/failed (out of all candidates that showed up), I guess its safe to say that only time will tell how many positions Albany is going to fill.
                            Hopefully Albany can make this final class off the 2004 list a big class. Good luck to everybody, as the wait continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                              I follow this thread pretty regulary, and I don't remember this question being asked, but if it has, I apologize.

What is the percentage of the current force that is up for retirement in the next couple of years?

Thanks!
                              A substantial percentage.

Back in the fall of 1986 and spring of 1987 we hired twice as many people as we normally hire. In fact, so many were hired that we had to open a second Academy in Brockport, NY. My guess would be almost 800 people were hired in those two classes when you add Albany and Brockport together. All of those people are eligible to retire now, though some obviously have already.

If you asked me to put a perentage on those eligible to retire right now, it would be around 20 percent. We have hired a ton of people in the last 6 years, and obvioulsy none of them are eligilbe.

Comment

• Originally posted by OOC910 View Post
                                Just wondering if there is a certain percentage of each class that is dedicated to minority's and females? I went to the medical today as well and passed, Good luck to all
                                No. People are hired off of the top of the list without regard to gender or race.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8499 users online. 378 members and 8121 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X