Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy Paterson is giving my second thoughts about moving to NY......seems like a real a**hole.
    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
      This guy Paterson is giving my second thoughts about moving to NY......seems like a real a**hole.
      Don't let this alter your plans. And don't believe everything you've read about him. He didn't get to be the Senate minoity leader and Lt. Governor by being a dope.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP2TROOPER View Post
        This is my second medical and I was wondering what list #'s people had who were invited to the medical on the 15th. Just wondering were i stand compared to others. Feel free to PM me.
        I hear there are approx. 131 people invited to take the med sat and their list #'s range from 5k to 9k with most being in the 8 & 9k range. The lower # ranks are guys who deferred for different reasons. Supposedly they will hire atleast 107 people for this next class with the possibility of more but nothing etched in stone.

My guess is that the approx. 107 will be it, being they need some backfill guys for those who fail the medical, no-shows or just can't hack the academy. This is just my opinion, so keep the etched in stone thing on the brain, as anything is possible.

Either way, good luck.
        sigpic
        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP2b View Post
          Only 3 more days untill the medical!!! Its going to be a looooong next couple weeks waiting for an official offer.

Has anyone heard the actual start date for the April class or updates regarding the size of the class?
          I have also been hearing April 20th for the next class to start.

Let's hope this doesn't change.
          sigpic

Comment

• man o man

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
            Don't let this alter your plans. And don't believe everything you've read about him. He didn't get to be the Senate minority leader and Lt. Governor by being a dope.
            no disrespect but alot of politicians are dopes. In fact it seems that the higher up they are the more they are out of tune with the average American. To me a politician that doesn't represent the ideas of the people he represents and tries to push his own agendas or caters to special interest groups is a disgrace. (alot fit in this category)

Since i haven't actually read the whole bill the Lt. Governor sponsored take my opinion with a grain of salt but to me he is just trying to make the life of a LEO even harder. Can you imagine having a situation where deadly force was needed and used it correctly? The media and public would be all over you asking why you didn't shoot to disarm or whatever that bill states. Nevermind if it was a white LEO shooting a minority you would be really SC****d. Now your a racist LEO who is trigger happy

Even worse how about following the bill but an innocent person is injured or killed, by the wackjob because u didn't shoot to kill in the first place??!?! LEOs couldn't win in any of this situations

These are both hypothetical however i think you get my point

Sorry for the tangent but i am really getting upset by Politicians who don't listen to LEOs and then whine about the crime rates while they hamstring LEOs with there special interest backed bills

I think Heineken said it best VOTE REPUBLICAN!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
              Don't let this alter your plans. And don't believe everything you've read about him. He didn't get to be the Senate minoity leader and Lt. Governor by being a dope.
              No i am def moving to NY, I was just sayin the guy seems like a real jerk. You are right he cant be that much of a dope to get where he is. Just his ideas seem to be out there.
              I m use to having a wacky gov. NJ gov's have been known to be the out there.
              What I m saying is that I do not want to see Ny follow NJ's footsteps. this state is a mess with everything. For example, if a cop has to uses deadly force you can bet that cop is going on probation or getting fired. If it was a white LEO shooting a minority you would be looking for another job!! I dont mean to get on my soap box about it but I just like to see that police were treated right and that state gov isnt full of crooks.

NYIllini, you bring up alot of good points!!!
              Last edited by goaliebg30; 03-13-2008, 10:27 AM.
              " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Medical

Good luck to everyone going to the medical this weekend! Keep up your running, pushups and situps!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                  I hope you can see where I'm going with this. A law like this would be almost impossible to implement w/o driving the state and every PD bankrupt through training costs and lawsuits.
                  Which is probably why it was thoroughly and promptly shot down in the legislature.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Scores come out next month correct?
                    "Excellence Through Knowledge"

Comment

• i hope they come out soon. The suspense is brutal
                      When the public needs help, they call the police. When the police need help, they call ESU.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

• I agree. Suspense stinks. I want to know my rank. :-(
                        "Excellence Through Knowledge"

Comment

• Good luck to the medical guys this weekend. Hope ya'll can squeak in before the list expires. Then it's my turn to sit and wait!

Comment

• Medicals...

Good Luck to everyone taking the Medical Tomorrow morning, see ya's there.
                            sigpic

Comment

• The second annual John McKenna Memorial 5K run is tomorrow March 15th in Binghamton.

http://5k.binghamtoncrew.org/

Captain Mckenna was well liked and respected by both the academy staff and the recruits of the 191st. He managed to keep smiling through the entire academy and his positive attitude and good nature was contagious...

Ssssssevvennnnnn!

Comment

• Good Luck at the Medical.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8760 users online. 447 members and 8313 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X