Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
      I would have to wait until GreyState got to the barracks. He was the only who could get my thumb drive to work.
      What I found works the best is trashing the crap that Division issued and spending a few bucks on a good Sandisk drive. I can't remember the name of the original POS that I was issued 3 years ago but a buddy of mine found them online for something like $1.83. Plus, unless you have a new Tahoe with the MP3 CD player, it's nice to have a couple of gig's of music with you in case the radio stations where you work aren't up to your standards.
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• What police info is stored on the Sandisk drive? Is it the info from the patrol car computer that's transferred to the computer in the barracks?

Comment

• I have a question for any of the Troopers on the forum.
          I was home over the weekend visiting with some friends and questions about the academy came up.
          My one friend asked me (pending acceptance and successful completion of the academy and FTO) once in my permanent assignment, would he be able to do a ride-along with me? I said I would if I could, but I wasn't sure what was allowed. With that said, does the NYSP allow ride-alongs?
          Thanks for your input.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisFig View Post
            What police info is stored on the Sandisk drive? Is it the info from the patrol car computer that's transferred to the computer in the barracks?
            No info is stored in any format you can read on your personal computer as you need TrACS to be able to read the files. We can pretty much do all our paperwork in the car and that info has move from the car computer to the station computers to be uploaded to Albany. Tickets, accidents, vehicle searches (my favorite ), impounds, incidents, DWI, Field Interviews... the list goes on and on. Division has mandated that a lot of the stuff HAS to be done in TrACS now anyway so might as well get it done while you're sitting in the median running radar or waiting on the tow for your drunk.

Originally posted by H-D Jay View Post
            I have a question for any of the Troopers on the forum.
            I was home over the weekend visiting with some friends and questions about the academy came up.
            My one friend asked me (pending acceptance and successful completion of the academy and FTO) once in my permanent assignment, would he be able to do a ride-along with me? I said I would if I could, but I wasn't sure what was allowed. With that said, does the NYSP allow ride-alongs?
            Thanks for your input.
            Can your buddy just come along with you on patrol for fun like you see on TV... probably not. Have people done ride alongs as part of a college course yes... but from what the one guy who came through my station a while ago said... it was very tough to get the ok as opposed to the SO and local PD's who do it all the time. The problem with ride alongs is that the civilian is a liability issue plain and simple... your ride along gets hurt... someone is going to want money and lots of it.
            Last edited by Trooper4985; 03-04-2008, 09:30 AM.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
              The problem with ride alongs is that the civilian is a liability issue plain and simple... your ride along gets hurt... someone is going to want money and lots of it.
              Any of the ride alongs I've done w/ local depts. I've just signed a waiver prior to starting the shift.

I can understand the liability issue, but it seems like a signed waiver would take care of that
              Last edited by NYSP61; 03-04-2008, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                Re-reading thought the whole thread for nostalgia and remembered this post.

So how does 103 pages strike you Sarge?
                Wow, you had to reach way back to find that post.

I hope you doing this while working the desk.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by H-D Jay View Post
                  I have a question for any of the Troopers on the forum.
                  Thanks for your input.

It's not something you're going to want to do, especially while on probation.

Get a little seasoning on you (salty) and you'll know what you can get away with and what you cannot.
                  Last edited by SlowDownThere; 03-06-2008, 10:15 AM.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    Wow, you had to reach way back to find that post.

I hope you doing this while working the desk.
                    That would be in direct violation of Division rules about internet usage on Division computers... I always follow all the rules.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• First time posting, hopeful tpr. Been invited to the medical on 3/15. hopefully it all goes well, as for the rest of us waiting. Just bringing this topic up again, I heard this yesterday that it was a definate for the SRO's to stay in place, and the next class to be 200+. Just wondering if anyone can confirm that.

Comment

• Originally posted by OOC910 View Post
                        First time posting, hopeful tpr. Been invited to the medical on 3/15. hopefully it all goes well, as for the rest of us waiting. Just bringing this topic up again, I heard this yesterday that it was a definate for the SRO's to stay in place, and the next class to be 200+. Just wondering if anyone can confirm that.
                        The only thing I've heard is that there are 131 candidates invited to the medical. Assuming everyone is cleared at the medical I find it hard to believe that the class could be any larger than 131.

Comment

• SDT & Trooper4985-
                          Thanks for your input. I completely agree that I would need to be "seasoned" before doing something like that. Your responses answered my question though, thanks.

Comment

• This was posted today on the NYSP Recruitment website.

"Examination Scores for the January / February 2008 exam are not available. We anticipate mailing exam scores sometime at the end of April, 2008. Please do not make phone or e-mail inquiries about your scores. We will mail them as soon as they are available to us."

I guess one too many people have called the recruitment officers.

Comment

• tasers

anyone know why the the nysp don't have tasers?

Comment

• Originally posted by hacksaw01 View Post
                                anyone know why the the nysp don't have tasers?
                                They're too afraid we would actually use them. Everyone would be 'testing' them on their A-line partner for fun. I can't believe they actually gave us collapsable batons... granted they gave them to us 20 years after everyone else got them but at least they finally gave them to us. A taser would have come in very handy last night while recovering a stolen 3 wheeler from a drunk and high (several family members are known in to be part of the meth community) frequent flyer who always tries to run or fight but since we had no taser... 4 of us used knees, wrist locks and arm bars to subdue the little turd. I'm sure that Division would require a 4 page report every time a taser was used though so maybe it's better we don't have them... on the other hand, dropping a knee in someones back and hearing all the air leave their lungs is very satisfying and doesn't require any such report.

Besides... I would have to start eating more cheese burgers to fit anything more on my belt.
                                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6012 users online. 375 members and 5637 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X