300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ML75 View Post
    just wanted to say.. Good Luck to those from the 195th who are starting their FTO today.
    I second that. Good Luck everybody!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
      60 Days.

Congrats GSP, good luck at the medical.
      You are probably correct, because you've been there so much more recently. But I was under the impression that coverage kicked in right away, as long as you signed up for it on day 1.

If you delay coverage (perhaps because your spouse has better insurance) then the 60 day waiting period begins.

I may have given someone bad advice, so are you sure about this?
      Last edited by SlowDownThere; 02-26-2008, 02:28 PM.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
        You are probably correct, because you've been there so much more recently. But I was under the impression that coverage kicked in right away, as long as you signed up for it on day 1.

If you delay coverage (perhaps because your spouse has better insurance) then the 60 day waiting period begins.

I may have given someone bad advice, so are you sure about this?
        yeah, he's right about the waiting period....i was walking on egg shells for about a month

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
            COBRA was expensive, but I paid for it.
            With the local depts on the Island, it is 2 months, but not the full months. Its the month you start in, either the beginning or the end, and the entire next month. Is it like this or the 60 days straight out from the time you start.
            Last edited by trooperhopefull; 02-26-2008, 08:49 PM.
            NYSP............
            Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
            Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
              yeah, he's right about the waiting period....i was walking on egg shells for about a month
              I just called our agency's Health Benefits Coordinator. Health insurance coverage begins on the 57th day of employment.

Man that sucks. I wasn't aware of it when I was hired (maybe it was different then, or maybe I went without unknowingly). Either way, that sucks for the new guys. I'll have to contact the guy I gave bad information to.

Thanks for catching that guys.
              Last edited by SlowDownThere; 02-29-2008, 10:06 PM.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• 195 Good Luck

Thanks for the updates on how the FTO part of post Academy assignments evolves. Sounds like renting a small RV for FTO may not be a bad idea and living out of it for the time being.
                My family used to live in the middle of Troop B and I have to say it's very nice up in the AP.

Any thoughts of when a new contract may be on board ?
                Is the thought process for the guys within the retirement halo to wait till the contract is signed and in effect, then pull the plug ?

Comment

• I've read every single post in this forum and one topic that I didn't really read about was the "average" day in the life of a NYS Trooper. And since the forum has been in hibernation for the last few days, I'd figure this be the best time to ask. Of course, I know there's no such thing as a typical day, but if someone could give a timeline of a day that occurs most frequently, I think that would be cool. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisFig View Post
                    I've read every single post in this forum and one topic that I didn't really read about was the "average" day in the life of a NYS Trooper. And since the forum has been in hibernation for the last few days, I'd figure this be the best time to ask. Of course, I know there's no such thing as a typical day, but if someone could give a timeline of a day that occurs most frequently, I think that would be cool. Thanks.
                    Umm... Get up way too early, 3 S's, drive to work with one eye open, suit up, try to get breakfast with the guys you're working with (usually doesn't happen), spend the next 11 hours trying to fix all of society's problems because after-all... you are a social worker with a gun, drive back to the station and fight with the worthless excuse for a computer that only works when it wants to, sign out, go home and get ready to do it all over again tomorrow.

I'm not as salty (yet) as this post makes me sound but I'm getting there

There is no 'average day'... the job varies from station to station, platoon to platoon and Trooper to Trooper. You make your day what you want it to be, within reason... you can be as busy as the senior guys will allow all day long or you can be as invisible as the senior guys will allow. Once I leave at the begining of the shift, I very rarely return unless I have someone in handcuffs... Other guys seldom ever leave the barracks. Sometimes I stop 30 cars or more in a 12 hour shift... some guys stop 1. I answer up for every poll that is reasonably close to where I am... other guys seem to have selective hearing.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I’m surprised people haven’t been whining that the 2008 exam scores are not mailed out yet. The Major at my exam told everyone that they would be mailed out “before April 3rd or 4th.”

Comment

• Im just holding my breath for the fall academy canvassing letter to get here.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Well having done some research online, I noticed that the 2004 exam's last test date was March 27, 2004 and notifications were sent out the last week of May 2004, approximately 8 weeks later. So I'd imagine that by April 9, 2008, we should all know.

Comment

• Re-reading thought the whole thread for nostalgia and remembered this post.

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                            The whole thread? Man, it's 27 pages now.
                            I wouldn't read that much for any job, lol.
                            So how does 103 pages strike you Sarge?
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• fight with the worthless excuse for a computer that only works when it wants to
                              Is the computer worthless due to the SJS software? Can you give an example of how bad it really is?

Thanks for your timeline before. Describing yourself as "A Social Worker with a Gun" is priceless.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7867 users online. 374 members and 7493 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X