Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering when how long into the academy does the benefits kick in and does that include a family plan?
    NYSP............
    Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Well finally got the invite to the medical today. I must be on the last to be sent mail list.

Congrats to all the guys that just graduated enjoy your days off with your family and get a little rest before you hit the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperhopefull View Post
        I was wondering when how long into the academy does the benefits kick in and does that include a family plan?
        60 Days.

Congrats GSP, good luck at the medical.

Comment

• Originally posted by gsp View Post
          Well finally got the invite to the medical today. I must be on the last to be sent mail list.
          Congrats on the invite and good luck.
          NYSP............

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
          Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• when it was all said and done with our class, we lost 53 people
            Last edited by ME1998; 02-22-2008, 10:40 AM. Reason: error

Comment

• Trooper 4985, thank you for the rather detailed response regarding the insurance coverage. $10 for an emergency co-pay is incredible. And a few dollars for prescription medication is sweet. It's interesting that you mentioned Lasik. I currently have uncorrected vision of 20/520 is both eyes, and therefore if I indeed make it to the PAT, I must spend the money on the surgery if I want to proceed.

I had read in previous threads about the troops that recent graduates are chosen to work at. It seems like Troop F,K,L all in downstate NY are designated as those troops. Is it because of the standard of living costs between upstate and downstate NY? Or is it that most troopers in fact are from Upstate NY? I only ask because I live in the Bronx, and if it is in fact true that Troop F or K or given first, that'd be an awesome for me, as I would like to stay in the Bronx.

Comment

• Anybody from the 195th, PM me and let me know who you are. Good luck to us all who are starting on Monday. Let The Fun begin!!!

Comment

• Does anybody know how many people were invited to the medical next month?
                  NYSP............

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by Troophopeful View Post
                    Haven't heard anything regarding the NYS processing for the next upcoming class and wanted to start a thread so all interested can keep inform. Where is everyone as far as processing? I'm still waiting to hear from a b.i. waiting patiently.
                    If you check this out... this quoted text ontop is dated 11-26-05 and it is the the first post on this entire thread (page 1), created by "Troophopeful." This thread is now 102 pages of valuable information because this guy said he wanted to "start a thread so all interested can keep informed." I'm sure this thread is on most of our Browser's "Top favorites." It's # 1 on mine.

Just thought that was a little interesting and wanted to give thanks to Troophopeful for being the thread starter and helping to connect us to one another through this source of information.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Lets say someone gets shin splints when they run because of constant beating to their shins, would they allow you to wear sports wraps on your shins for the agility test, or during the academy when you have to do all the running just for a safeguard?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisFig View Post
                          It seems like Troop F,K,L all in downstate NY are designated as those troops. Is it because of the standard of living costs between upstate and downstate NY? Or is it that most troopers in fact are from Upstate NY? I only ask because I live in the Bronx, and if it is in fact true that Troop F or K or given first, that'd be an awesome for me, as I would like to stay in the Bronx.
                          I'm not saying it's not going to happen but the odds of Troop L as your first duty assignment is not very likely. B,F and K are where most recruits get sent to simply because those Troops are so transient. 50% of my class got sent to B... some guys with intentions of going back downstate got to Troop B and never left.

Originally posted by ChrisFig View Post
                          I currently have uncorrected vision of 20/520 is both eyes, and therefore if I indeed make it to the PAT, I must spend the money on the surgery if I want to proceed.
                          You need to have your eyes corrected before the PT weekend or you will be sent home and told to come back. A kid showed up to my proscessing weekend wearing military issue BCG's that were about 1/2" thick... he did great on the PT test as he just got out of the Marine Corps but they sent him home right after the run.
                          Last edited by Trooper4985; 02-23-2008, 12:27 AM.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Troop Assignments Newest Class

Here is the breakdown of the Troop assignments for the newest class, which was in the press release;

A = 18
                            B = 16
                            C = 12
                            D = 18
                            E = 18
                            F = 13
                            G = 20
                            K = 16
                            L = 10

TOTAL = 141

Comment

• Troop Assignments Newest Class

Here is the breakdown of the Troop assignments for the newest class, which was in the press release;

A = 18
                              B = 16
                              C = 12
                              D = 18
                              E = 18
                              F = 13
                              G = 20
                              K = 16
                              L = 10

TOTAL = 141

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post

A = 18
                                B = 16
                                C = 12
                                D = 18
                                E = 18
                                F = 13
                                G = 20
                                K = 16
                                L = 10

TOTAL = 141
                                Those are FTO assignments... 2 classes ago there were 4 guys who got E as a first duty assignment but that is not the norm.
                                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10926 users online. 473 members and 10453 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X