Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• congrats Dr. Peebody

cant imagine what it must fee like to wear the uniform. one day hope i have the privlage as do most of us to one day wear the uniform. congrats again to all.
      " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Good work and congratulations to all the new Troopers!
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Congrats to the new Troopers.

Comment

• Congratulations to the 195th! I was at the plaza a couple years ago and a class was graduating that day... It was impressive to see all the Troopers walking around after the ceremony.

Comment

• Yesterday was a great day!! It makes the whole six months worth while. Good luck to all of you guys waiting. It also took me two medicals and a long wait to get in but it was well worth the wait.
              I have heard rumors about the next class starting around April 20th, so keep your heads up and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDTROOPER View Post
                Yesterday was a great day!! It makes the whole six months worth while. Good luck to all of you guys waiting. It also took me two medicals and a long wait to get in but it was well worth the wait.
                I have heard rumors about the next class starting around April 20th, so keep your heads up and feel free to PM me with any questions.
                Congrats. You're going to have to change your username now and get rid of the NYPD.

Comment

• What a relief graduating yesterday was! Phoenix and any other guys P.M. me and tell me who u are. For the guys waiting I too went to 2 medicals before I got into the academy but the waiting and sacrifice is worth it. Heard also while in the academy of the next class starting around the 20th of about 107 guys. Best of luck to guys waiting and to the guys who graduated with me be safe and hopefully see ya out in the field.

Comment

• Could somone explain why people have to go through a couple of medicals? I was under the impression that if you failed your medical you had had to start over......Congrats to the 195th be safe
                    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
                      Could somone explain why people have to go through a couple of medicals? I was under the impression that if you failed your medical you had had to start over......Congrats to the 195th be safe
                      One reason (overprocessing) was discussed on the previous page of this thread.

Comment

Could somone explain why people have to go through a couple of medicals? I was under the impression that if you failed your medical you had had to start over......Congrats to the 195th be safe
                        Those of us taking multiple medicals and other tests have not failed those particular steps at any point. Unfortunately there are a finite number of slots for any given academy and more applicants than those spaces. Those not making it to previous academies must have backgrounds updated and medicals redone as a minimum. In some cases tests like the psych written and interview as well as the poly expire and must be redone. From the conversations I have had the redoing of the psych and poly portions are not common. Some of us have been so fortunate to experience this "Haley's Comet" of circumstances.

Comment

None of us have failed the medical. Most of us started our processing in the Summer of 2006 for the January 2007 class. When they sent the letters out they were planning to put in a class of 250. Just before the class started they cut the class to 80. All the people who did not make that class had to do an updated BI and just before the August class started all the hold over's had to do the medical again. Some of the hold over's made it in to that class but not all. All of us who did not make that class then had to update our BI's, do the Psychological test and interview, and the lucky ones who's Polygraphs were over one year old like ML75 and I got to take it again. Now we all have to do the Medical again for the next class. Everyone has to do the BI update and Medical before the class starts so they can make sure nothing has changed. When you get the letter to process you will see it says "don't quit your current job you are not guaranteed a spot in the next class." Take it to hart. They over process so that they have back fills incase people don't show up or quit the academy in the first week. Ask the guys from the 195th how many people quit and were replaced in the first week.

Comment

• Sorry ML75 and hxd I didn't even see your posts you beat me to it.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                                I hope the next class is bigger than 107... Maybe it will get bumped up if the School Resource Officers are saved. The sooner it starts the better though.

You just want to move up in seniority.

Hey, nothing wrong with that though. Maybe you can enjoy a week off in the summer next year, instead of February and March.
                                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9635 users online. 397 members and 9238 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X