X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by H-D Jay View Post
      Hello everyone. Although I'm new to posting, I have been reading along the way for the NYST processing for a few months now. I received the medical invite for the spring '08 academy in the mail today. The medical screening is 15 March, my report time is at 0700. Good luck everybody!

Hey H-D Jay welcome to the Forum. Will this be the first Medical for you or have you been through this already like some of us? Good luck on the Medical.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeywUSCG View Post
        Thanks!!

Just out of curiosity, why would being a member of ANG, or any reserve component for that matter, harm someones chances of getting hired?
        Agreed, I don't thnk it will either.

I'm always concerned with giving out bad information. These are real people's careers afterall. If I gave out a wrong answer and it cost you your chance at being a Trooper, I would feel bad. It's always a good idea to check with the source.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I was told that there could be a possibility that the next exam could be in about 3 years instead of 4. Was that false information or has it happened in the past in which the exam was a year earlier than it was said to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chainsaw_chew View Post
            Hey everyone, I was told that there could be a possibility that the next exam could be in about 3 years instead of 4. Was that false information or has it happened in the past in which the exam was a year earlier than it was said to be?
            Ha... this test isn't even scored yet and you're already pushing the next test. I want to be able to retire ASAP but I'm not wishing my life away. The test is good till they say it expires (usually 4 years) or till they reach the end of the list, which ever comes first. I doubt that there has even been any serious discussion by the powers that be about when the next test will be.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• It's probably more cost effective to get the most time out of each test, so that's what I expect that they will do.

Comment

• MEDICAL INVITE

Hello to All. I received my Medical Invite the other day and I see that a few other guys or gals have received their invites as well. Congrats to all. I am so excited for March 15th, as I'm sure everyone who has recieved the invite is as well.

On another note, according to previous posts, the current Fall class in session graduates on February 20th. Only 5 days away.

Now since the Medical is on March 15th, would that mean "very short notice for the April class?" lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Albany gives those who are called for the Spring class no more than a week or at most 2 weeks notice before the academy were to begin.

That is at the same time both exciting and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! lol.

I wouldn't care if they called me the day before. I'd be in the car and out the door and in Albany in 3 hours or so. I'm sure we all would.

Good Luck at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICEMAN24 View Post
                  MEDICAL INVITE

Now since the Medical is on March 15th, would that mean "very short notice for the April class?" lol.

I think talk of "the April class" is premature. Possible, but not a certainty.

It may be "the May class".
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    I think talk of "the April class" is premature. Possible, but not a certainty.

It may be "the May class".
                    Come on. I am praying for a April class and false hope is better than no hope.
                    NYSP............
                    Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
                    Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Finally got my letter! Now, just one more grueling wait and we should be in Good luck everyone.
                      sigpic
                      IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• just looking for some clarification

when will the academy start for the class that just took the written test this jan - feb? jan 09 sometime?

Comment

• I think that December 08' is a fairly accurate guess.

Comment

• The NYSP.com site posts that a Fall, 2008 date is possible...for the 2008 listees.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtyduce View Post
                              Hey H-D Jay welcome to the Forum. Will this be the first Medical for you or have you been through this already like some of us? Good luck on the Medical.
                              Hey Dirtyduce,
                              Thanks for the welcome. To answer your question, no...this will be my first time attending the medical. However, from what I have read, it seems pretty cut and dry. How many times have you been thru it? Good luck to you also...

Comment

• I don't want to give the wrong impression here, I am hopeful of getting accepted into the academy like everyone else...but I would be happy with a May start date! Good luck everyone with your medical screening!
                                Last edited by H-D Jay; 02-17-2008, 01:37 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11431 users online. 445 members and 10986 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X