Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Troophopeful
    So are you folks ready???? 9 days to rock and roll

I'm a little apprehensive, but I think I'll be ready.

Oh, you weren't talking to me, we you?
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• ready

are we having 263 invites to the medical? or the number is going to be higher justin case.

should we go ahead and quit our jobs

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
      Greetings to all

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere
        I'm a little apprehensive, but I think I'll be ready.

Oh, you weren't talking to me, we you?
        SDT,

Don't be a clown
        J/K

Comment

• Like the letter says, dont quit your job until an offer is made to you, its not over till its over.

Originally posted by troopx
          are we having 263 invites to the medical? or the number is going to be higher justin case.

should we go ahead and quit our jobs

Comment

• Double post.

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabeenytrp
              Congrats to the 192nd who graduated today!

I stayed at the Extended stay. Decent prices and they have that small kitchenette thingy too...

Anyone know how many graduated Monday?

Comment

• Originally posted by cdecker
                Anyone know how many graduated Monday?
                Ninety-three graduated.

Comment

• The hard part is over...

Congrats to all who got appointments to the academy... there are lots of people who wish they were in your shoes. Keep the enthusiasm up through the academy... No matter how much the thought of going back Sunday night sucks... what you will feel every time you see a Blue and Gold will be much worse if you quit. And for those of you with girlfriends/boyfriends wives/husbands... If the NYSP is what you want... be prepared to be single by the time you graduate... Not trying to be be harsh... just realistic. Several guys and girls I went through with were either single before we graduated or shortly thereafter. This job is not for everyone... that includes your significant others too. It takes a diffrent kind of person to want to deal with society's trash on a daily basis and it also takes that same kinda person to be a part of a cop's life. There will always be another girlfriend or boyfriend... there is only one chance to be a Trooper.
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Trooper4987,

Thanks for talk. For many of us, it’s been a loooooong wait and I’m certain we are all looking forward to getting things started. I had spoken with a recruiter sometime ago and they said exactly what you said.....about many quitting the academy because of a non-supportive husband or wife (girlfriend or boyfriend) and a good number of these same people calling a few years down the road (after being divorced or separated) and wanting to see if they could redo the academy or get a 2nd chance at it but it was too late (due to age and the like).

Comment

• I spoke to a trooper a while ago and one of the first things that he asked me was if I had a girlfriend. It seems to be the consensus that it is best not to have one.

By the way, daylight savings time begins next week, which means we will be an hour closer to the academy without having to actually live through that hour

Comment

• Originally posted by RGratton
                        By the way, daylight savings time begins next week, which means we will be an hour closer to the academy without having to actually live through that hour
                        Your sick! It is true though!!!!!

Comment

• hey guys

hello All

I just got a letter uninviting me to the med exam. It says that I do no meet all the requirements. It might also come as the result of me asking for a second deferral. I called the Personnel office on Monday, and on this date they told me that they would let me know in the next few days. It was also on this date that they typed/mailed me the letter. (Was it a coincidence?) I am thinking that my request might have triggered that response. I knew I was taking my chances by calling, and in a sense, this outcome does not come as a surprise as I failed to establish the right order of priorities. I asked for a deferral, before the med exam, so that another candidate "ready for the academy" might get his/her chance to attend.

I ranked 237 on the exam. I have a near unblemished police record no drugs no drinking. On daily basis, I have been to the gym preparing for the physical/med exam, 2 weeks away from getting my Masters, 3 months after completing my tour in Abu-Ghraib Iraq. Apparently, I came up short this time. In a sense, this shows how selective is the State Police Academy, those who actually make it are those who really deserve the opportunity. I have the greatest respect for the troopers and all those who keep our society safe. It would have been an honor to serve the State.. perhaps not at this time but in the future. I am a little disappointed at myself, but with a stronger desire for self-improvement and a greater resolve to accomplish higher goals.

Thank you for the advice, and my best wishes to those attending the academy and ultimately keeping us all safe. I do not take for granted their efforts and sacrifices.

Troopx Out

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
                          Greetings to all

Comment

• Troopx,

Wow........Sorry to hear about the bad news. Wish you the best in all your future undertakings.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that also. Congrats on your masters and thank you for your service to the country. Keep the positive attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by RGratton
                                I spoke to a trooper a while ago and one of the first things that he asked me was if I had a girlfriend. It seems to be the consensus that it is best not to have one.

I didn't say not to have one... just be prepared to find out that he/she can't deal with the life of a cop... Just because they aren't the one going through the academy doesn't mean it's not going to have some effect on them too.

Being single on this job can make for much fun... Not that you want anything serious from some girl who throws herself at every uniform she sees... but you can have some fun

Have a good weekend and don't do anything to get yourself jammed up guys.
                                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7880 users online. 277 members and 7603 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X