300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
    Well, I just got a letter officially taking me off my military deferment list, and placing me on the active hiring list. Now the real waiting begins.
    Relis, I thought you were already taken off deferment and going into the March/April class??
    sigpic
    IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• No, but I wish!!!! I Dont EAS from the Marines until this fall.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

No, but I wish!!!! I Dont EAS from the Marines until this fall.
        Congrats reils, your that much closer to being a trooper.
        " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Yep, now I just have to figure out when the processing is going to start for the fall academy.

Comment

• Depending on the number of vacancies that are authorized to be filled, the first Academy class from the new list is projected to be appointed in the Fall of 2008.
            http://www.nytrooper.com/faq.cfm

Comment

• Reils, Have you taken the fitness portion yet? I expect the first class off the new list to be in November 08 at the earliest. I bumped my EAS back to 30 September.

Comment

• Jarhead, no I havent taken anything other than the written test. Im trying to EAS early, but my unit probably wont let me. My actual EAS is 12 October.

Comment

Yep, now I just have to figure out when the processing is going to start for the fall academy.
                  Forget about trying to figure that out. I am still trying to figure out when I will here about the spring academy medical.
                  NYSP............
                  Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
                  Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

No, but I wish!!!! I Dont EAS from the Marines until this fall.
                    When I was in, they let guys out on Palace Chase if they could prove they could provide a better life for themselves on the outside. Much respect for serving in these times. Some days I wish I had gone AFR when I got out in Feb 2000. Convoy duty during Commando Warrior was fun when it's just MILES gear and smoke grenades but seeing AF SP's listed ask KIA reminds me that it's not MILES gear anymore.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                      When I was in, they let guys out on Palace Chase if they could prove they could provide a better life for themselves on the outside. Much respect for serving in these times. Some days I wish I had gone AFR when I got out in Feb 2000. Convoy duty during Commando Warrior was fun when it's just MILES gear and smoke grenades but seeing AF SP's listed ask KIA reminds me that it's not MILES gear anymore.
                      Yep, nowadays the bad guys are real and so are the bullets...and thats not much fun.

I've read some stuff about our "early out" procedures, but the Marine Corps wants to see that you've actually been hired before they cut you loose. And the NYSP wont do it. So, looks like I have to cross my toes and hope the fall academy starts after 12 October........of course, thats if I get hired

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperhopefull View Post
                        Forget about trying to figure that out. I am still trying to figure out when I will here about the spring academy medical.
                        Ditto. Latest rumor is that the next academy would start late April. So that would mean March Medicals. Wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait..... my how the time has passed

Comment

• Relis, you should def be in the fall class then.

Trooperhopeful, we are supposed to get med. invites late feb to early march and April class according to some people I've talked to.
                          sigpic
                          IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• I guess after waiting a year and a half a couple more months is but a blink of an eye, but man do I want this thing to start soon.

Comment

• Classes

Am I correct is saying that there in no class currently in training at the Academy ?

Is it a fact or just supposition that there will be a Spring (whatever month) class going to train in Albany ?

IF there is an actual class this Spring will it be entirely from this new list or from the old list ? Or a combination of both ?

IF there is a Spring class, it takes 6 months to graduate, have they ever piggybacked classes ? Hypothetically, Spring class starts in April, 4 months later (when the Spring class has lost the majority of dropouts) in August/Sept another Fall class starts in Albany ?

OR, is it more likely that there will be only ONE class this year 2008 in Albany and that one will start in the Fall, whatever month ?
                              Would the Fall class be only from the new list ?

Lots of questions, if anyone knows or has historical reference...

Lastly will 'they' allow people currently far away do mulitple parts of the background/process at one weekend (similar to Quest with NYPD) ? or do you have to come in multiple times over the weeks/months ?

Thanks in advance for your knowledge/hints...

Hail to the Orange, Hail to the Blue...

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                                Am I correct is saying that there in no class currently in training at the Academy ?

Is it a fact or just supposition that there will be a Spring (whatever month) class going to train in Albany ?

IF there is an actual class this Spring will it be entirely from this new list or from the old list ? Or a combination of both ?

IF there is a Spring class, it takes 6 months to graduate, have they ever piggybacked classes ? Hypothetically, Spring class starts in April, 4 months later (when the Spring class has lost the majority of dropouts) in August/Sept another Fall class starts in Albany ?

OR, is it more likely that there will be only ONE class this year 2008 in Albany and that one will start in the Fall, whatever month ?
                                Would the Fall class be only from the new list ?

Lots of questions, if anyone knows or has historical reference...

Lastly will 'they' allow people currently far away do mulitple parts of the background/process at one weekend (similar to Quest with NYPD) ? or do you have to come in multiple times over the weeks/months ?

Thanks in advance for your knowledge/hints...

Hail to the Orange, Hail to the Blue...
                                There is currently a class in the Academy set to graduate February 19th or 20th.

I can tell you I have heard rumors of a late April class. I have also learned that there are NO certainties in this process.

Assuming an April class would mean hiring off of the old list. No time to process new applicants.

I believe I have heard tales of piggybacked class, but much like Beta tapes it was an abandoned option.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8938 users online. 433 members and 8505 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X