300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
    I'm so glad I'm closer to the end of my career than the beginning.
    AMEN to that. In the same boat and LOVING it.
    Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
    American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
      Good link below to help some of you decide if you really want to be a Police Officer/Trooper. View the comments link too for some good comments from LEO's.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/LawAndJusti...3914709&page=1
      Good clip. If you cant deal with going to work one day and you may not come home then this isnt the job for you.
      " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Just curious, on a regular 12 shift would a NY State Trooper be doing mostly traffic stuff, or would they respond to a lot of other calls? (burglary, domestic situation, etc.)

Comment

• Originally posted by pilot56 View Post
          Just curious, on a regular 12 shift would a NY State Trooper be doing mostly traffic stuff, or would they respond to a lot of other calls? (burglary, domestic situation, etc.)
          I don't know what you mean 'on a regular 12 shift'. Your question has a couple of answers... first being that diffrent stations have diffrent complaint loads... some stations run from complaint to complaint all day long... others do very little but stop cars. Second, it doesn't matter what shift you are working... when something is polled out on your post you answer up for it. We are having a problem in my station right now with a few guys (from new guys up to someone that came on with me) that wont answer up for anything... definately a way to make other Troopers in your station and zone like working with you
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
            Second, it doesn't matter what shift you are working... when something is polled out on your post you answer up for it. We are having a problem in my station right now with a few guys (from new guys up to someone that came on with me) that wont answer up for anything... definately a way to make other Troopers in your station and zone like working with you

Just wondering, what does the Sergeant or whoever is the station supervisor do when someone doesnt answer a call? Is it a big deal? Are the guys subject to any disciplinary action?
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
              Just wondering, what does the Sergeant or whoever is the station supervisor do when someone doesnt answer a call? Is it a big deal? Are the guys subject to any disciplinary action?
              If a station is run properly... things like that are dealt with by the Troopers... if the senior Troopers aren't stepping up then a Sgt might get involved.
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Ideally, this would be addressed before disciplinary action becomes necessary, but yes, it could become the basis of discipline.

The Troopers actually have a lot more leaway in dealing with each other (informally) than a supervisor has in dealing with a Trooper. The sergeant has bigger guns, but has to use them more sparingly. Nobody want to see that happen.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

The sergeant has bigger guns, but has to use them more sparingly. Nobody want to see that happen.
                  Kinda like when you didn't want to go to bed as a kid, but were afraid of dad coming up the stairs with the belt.

Comment

• What kinds of disciplinary action does the NYSP administer?

Comment

What kinds of disciplinary action does the NYSP administer?
                      We send people to bed without their dinner.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I find a little locker room heart to heart conversation is usually sufficient. If that doesn't work, then having to carry your locker in from the back parking lot by yourself in the morning might give you the idea that being a team player is a good thing. I won't give up all the tricks, but be assured that there are MANY different ways to make a person's day miserable if they don't go with the program. A Sgt does not need to (and usually doesn't want to) get involved usually.
                        Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                        American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

We send people to bed without their dinner.

I don't mind the dinner thing... but getting hit with the belt is another story.

Would the belt thing happen in front of other troopers?

... Kind of like a public lashing
                          sigpic
                          IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by Standing_Tall View Post
                            I find a little locker room heart to heart conversation is usually sufficient. If that doesn't work, then having to carry your locker in from the back parking lot by yourself in the morning might give you the idea that being a team player is a good thing. I won't give up all the tricks, but be assured that there are MANY different ways to make a person's day miserable if they don't go with the program. A Sgt does not need to (and usually doesn't want to) get involved usually.
                            I wonder if any of these are the same tricks we use in the marine corps?

Comment

• Hi Guys, I stumbled on this forum last year but never posted. Just wanted to thank everyone who answers a lot of questions we all want to ask. There aren't alot of places to go and this forum helps out a lot. I take the test this sat (2/9) in Yonkers. I hope everyone here can make it to the academy or whatever LEA they think is best for them. Good luck, Godspeed, and thanks again.

Comment

• Well, I just got a letter officially taking me off my military deferment list, and placing me on the active hiring list. Now the real waiting begins.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10399 users online. 524 members and 9875 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X