300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted By User
    Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-20-2008, 03:34 PM.
    sigpic
    IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
      Ouch, tough call. Looks like you will be DQed for felony failure to obtain a lossed or misplaced traffic ticket. Don't worry, I hear burger king has really cool hats nowadays. Ding fries are done ding fries are done!!!

Relax, it is only a ticket for a traffic infraction. If it is in NY and you remember the location call the local court and they should be able to tell you depending on the court. Otherwise, just try and recall the date, location, and the charge/speed and what you fine was. I couldn't locate my one and only ticket and couldn't locate the court either. My BI didn't bat an eyelid and said it was no big deal.

If you BI says it is a big deal just say some guy on the internet said you are all set and you should be fine

I called the courthouse, and they said "sir we have no record of you ever recieving a traffic citation." Then she tells me, "we also have no record that you ever sent payment for a citation." So where the heck did my $220 go???

I think I'll just tell the BI that I got a ticket in '05, paid it, however no one has a record of it.

I'm stumped.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Not sure how long ago we are talking about? Look for your old bank statements; if you bank online they might have an image of your cancelled check.
        I didn’t have many problems finding past citations, it was more digging up past residencies and landlord’s names and numbers, mostly from my out of state college years. So I know what it's like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
          Do you really think a Trooper monitoring the lunch line is effective use of a Trooper? Impact details are police work... making sure Johny doesn't steal a Nutty Buddy isn't.
          I agree with you that this does seem to be a waste of resources for the SP. There are definitely more important issues that need immediate attention rather then ensuring Johnny doesn’t get his feelings hurt. I’m sure there are some positive effects to having SRO officers in the schools but I’m not sure it’s the most cost effective way to go about it. I know a local school district near where I work was told if they wanted to continue to have a SRO, then they would be required to foot the bill.

Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
          Besides... FNG's aren't going to go to Impact details because they don't even know the job yet..
          Hey I would just be happy to be able to be considered the FNG. No matter what “detail” I was doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
            Trooper4985, Of course this is mockery. I think the fact that troopers were put in school cafeterias is the biggest waste of money and poor planning by some J/A sitting in an office somewhere with a $200 cigar in their mouth and complete sh*t for brains. This is a prime example of why a Trooper needs to wait 30+ minutes for backup in some areas. These manuevers were probably thought up by the same wonderful people that organized the totally wasted lives and money chasing fugitive Philips. For the money they spent on the enormous man power to leave like sitting ducks they should have simply put constant survelliance on the girlfriend and families house because anyone knows he was gonna go to atleast on of them for help. And he did. This would have cost peanuts compared to the what they did spend and most of all a few good men would still be alive today. Nothing made me more angry than to see troopers getting ambushed for no reason at all. All of this could have been avoided. Now, you see why I mock troopers being posted in school cafeterias.
            Totally agree with you!!!
            " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

.It's late and the 2 shift seemed like it would never end so my comprehension level is a little low right now.

Hey Trooper4985, not to digress from topic but how does the shift schedule work for State Police? Like what are the hours for 1st shift, 2nd etc.
              "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
                Totally agree with you!!!
                Thank you.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
                  Hey Trooper4985, not to digress from topic but how does the shift schedule work for State Police? Like what are the hours for 1st shift, 2nd etc.
                  In general, it's 12-hour shifts. There's a 7-7, 3-3, and 12-12. Details and big brass may have different hours.

Seek and ye shall find: http://www.nytrooper.com/schedule.cfm

I'm sure this can be expounded upon by someone on the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
                    Been discussed before... MOST road guys work 12 hours 5 days one week and 2 days the next week. 1's are 7a-7p, 2's are 7p-7a and Flex shift is 'generally' 12p-12a. Some Troops have Sgt's working 8's others work 12's. The 8 hour schedule sucks if you ask me because in the current contract there is a nasty thing called flex time... translation... working for free.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Been discussed before... MOST road guys work 12 hours 5 days one week and 2 days the next week. 1's are 7a-7p, 2's are 7p-7a and Flex shift is 'generally' 12p-12a. Some Troops have Sgt's working 8's others work 12's. The 8 hour schedule sucks if you ask me because in the current contract there is a nasty thing called flex time... translation... working for free.
                        Thanks for the explanation.
                        "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                          I called the courthouse, and they said "sir we have no record of you ever recieving a traffic citation." Then she tells me, "we also have no record that you ever sent payment for a citation." So where the heck did my $220 go???

I think I'll just tell the BI that I got a ticket in '05, paid it, however no one has a record of it.

I'm stumped.
                          $220 !!! Relis, are Cali tix just high or did you break the sound barrier? LOL

As far as your ticket... If you can't find a record of it, then it is probably deleted from the system. I wouldn't make a big deal of it. The BI will just tell you to give him as much as you can remember like: Approx date (month/year), what it was for (speeding, light, DUI etc.) and being it was speeding the BI will ask how fast you were going and what the posted limit was. Just tell them as much as you can remember, but don't play it down like if you were doing 40 over the limit and say it was only 20 because if their record check finds it in a system with all the details, they will see you were lying and then your integrity gets questioned.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                            Big Will, Thanks for clarifying this. I really wasnt sure why I got a ticket.

Lol, ha, ha, ha, ha

At least now you know.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I was wondering what is the requirements for the vision for NYS-Troopers?
                              I know i read 20/20 on each eye but what are the other? do they relax the requirements for lateral vision?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                                Trooper4985, Of course this is mockery. I think the fact that troopers were put in school cafeterias is the biggest waste of money and poor planning Now, you see why I mock troopers being posted in school cafeterias.
                                Everyone seems to be an expert on this topic

We don't have the luxury of having an SRO in my area which means every time some parent wants to report that her 10yr old was slapped on the school bus by another 10yr old 16 hours earlier that day (yes 16 hours I have recevied this call) then it is us who have to patrol there and make a report even though an arrest cannot be made. Working only 2 shifts I get a couple of calls a week from the schools and the 1 shift oten gets multiple calls a day ranging from assaults, endangering, unlawfully dealing with, menacing, and drug related calls to name a few. If we had an SRO the bulk of these calls would be handled by them.

I am thinking all those with their infinite wisdom who believe SROs are worthless don't have teenagers?!?!??!

When I check my kids myspace I see everything from the gang colors to bowls posted on the friends myspace accounts. Prior to making this post I asked my kid how many kids smoke pot and I was informed that over 50% of the 9th graders.. The SRO at that school makes arrests for sexual assaults, falsely reporting an incident and Hazing 1st, etc...

Sure some schools are slow and the SRO may not be over worked but they are no slower than some stations in the state who don't get but a few calls for service a week. I for one am disappointed that the SROs are being pulled from the schools...

Community relations is very important in our job and the SROs are at the forefront dealing directly with youth of society. What better way to foster relationships than at that stage in a person's life. Not to mention they also play the role of recruiter and I am sure they are responsible for many taking the trooper test.

I am going to stop my rant short of operation impact and what I think of that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12379 users online. 547 members and 11832 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X