300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
    How about people who have been arrested for and convicted of DWI? Do you think we hire those people?

You submit a memo (kinda like a resume) requesting consideration for the detail. Your supervisors at station and zone level have to sign off on it then it makes it to Troop and eventually Albany. There are interviews and some details require tryouts, then there is training and then maybe you will get on the detail.
    Thanks Trooper4985. So the way it wounds it is really tough to get into a detail? I have nothing against being on the road my rookie years, i know that is part of being a trooper, but i would like to eventually get into somthing such as k-9 and MRT. i am assuming they are the hardest details to get into?
    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
        Thanks Trooper4985. So the way it wounds it is really tough to get into a detail? I have nothing against being on the road my rookie years, i know that is part of being a trooper, but i would like to eventually get into somthing such as k-9 and MRT. i am assuming they are the hardest details to get into?
        Sure, they are competitive positions. As long as you work hard, stay in shape, and do the right thing, then getting those positions is a lot easier. Bottom line is that there are only so many K-9 and MRT positions available, and they want the "best of the best" also. No reason to give a K-9 to a guy that's not making any drug arrests on his/her own. There are many, many different details you can get. My first worry would be getting into the Academy first and getting 4-5 years under your belt before you look at details though. I found after 6 years I needed change, so that's when I got into some other details to help break up the time.
        Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
        American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Originally posted by Standing_Tall View Post
          Sure, they are competitive positions. As long as you work hard, stay in shape, and do the right thing, then getting those positions is a lot easier. Bottom line is that there are only so many K-9 and MRT positions available, and they want the "best of the best" also. No reason to give a K-9 to a guy that's not making any drug arrests on his/her own. There are many, many different details you can get. My first worry would be getting into the Academy first and getting 4-5 years under your belt before you look at details though. I found after 6 years I needed change, so that's when I got into some other details to help break up the time.
          I know the first thing is to get into the Academy. I was not sure how the process goes. Hopefully everything works out and one day i can be able to do one of the details. thanks for the info Standing Tall.

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• I still can't find the info on my traffic ticket. I called NYSDMV and my insurance company. As far as they are concerned, I never got one. Can I go to the court to get this stuff?
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
              I still can't find the info on my traffic ticket. I called NYSDMV and my insurance company. As far as they are concerned, I never got one. Can I go to the court to get this stuff?
              Relis, like I said before... It won't be in the NY DMV system, only the DMV for the state the ticket was issued in. In your case, the California DMV. It will only be in the NYS system if you have a CDL and were driving a CV in Cali.
              sigpic
              IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                I still can't find the info on my traffic ticket. I called NYSDMV and my insurance company. As far as they are concerned, I never got one. Can I go to the court to get this stuff?
                Ouch, tough call. Looks like you will be DQed for felony failure to obtain a lossed or misplaced traffic ticket. Don't worry, I hear burger king has really cool hats nowadays. Ding fries are done ding fries are done!!!

Relax, it is only a ticket for a traffic infraction. If it is in NY and you remember the location call the local court and they should be able to tell you depending on the court. Otherwise, just try and recall the date, location, and the charge/speed and what you fine was. I couldn't locate my one and only ticket and couldn't locate the court either. My BI didn't bat an eyelid and said it was no big deal.

If you BI says it is a big deal just say some guy on the internet said you are all set and you should be fine

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                  If you BI says it is a big deal just say some guy on the internet said you are all set and you should be fine
                  I will certainly use this line in the future when crap hits the fan.
                  "We have nothing to fear but fear itself"

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                    Ouch, tough call. Looks like you will be DQed for felony failure to obtain a lossed or misplaced traffic ticket. Don't worry, I hear burger king has really cool hats nowadays. Ding fries are done ding fries are done!!!

hahahaha..

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• State to pull Troopers from schools and race tracks for Operation Impact

I know there has been some discussion about this topic in the NY thread but thought it was relevant here as well.

http://www.syracuse.com/articles/new...101.xml&coll=1

From reading these forums for quite some time, it seems that all the Troopers that post are on the road but do any of them have an opinion on this topic?

I know myself and many others on this forum would rather they hired new Troopers to fill these slots rather than pulling from elsewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by VZMan View Post
                        http://www.syracuse.com/articles/new...101.xml&coll=1

I know myself and many others on this forum would rather they hired new Troopers to fill these slots rather than pulling from elsewhere
                        Do you really think a Trooper monitoring the lunch line is effective use of a Trooper? Impact details are police work... making sure Johny doesn't steal a Nutty Buddy isn't.

Besides... FNG's aren't going to go to Impact details because they don't even know the job yet.

BTW... there was talk about pulling the gaming guys long before the Impact thing came up.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Deleted By User
                          Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-20-2008, 03:43 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                            Yeah, that's easy for you to say. Maybe if it had been your Nutty Buddy you would feel different!!!

For some children it's the scars you can't see that hurt the most.
                            )

Having Troopers in the lunch room and at schools is just going to be a waste of time. We didn't have police in our schools growing up, and im sure we all had something taken away from us in school but thats part of growing up. You either let the bully take your Nutty Buddy or you did somthing about it. Its a learning process and every kid has to go through it.

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Deleted By User
                              Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-20-2008, 03:35 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                                For some children it's the scars you can't see that hurt the most.
                                Better to learn at an early age that life is not nice than to live a lie for 18 years and be rudely awakened when mommy isn't there to protect you anymore.

Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                                Well maybe if there were Troopers in my school lunch room growing up, I would have gone home at the end of each day with a Nutty Buddy in my stomache and no wedgy up my a*s.

Oh! the painful memories.
                                It's late and the 2 shift seemed like it would never end so my comprehension level is a little low right now.

I certainly hope both of your posts were in jest... if not, PM me and I will explain further.
                                Last edited by Trooper4985; 01-31-2008, 06:52 AM.
                                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5902 users online. 196 members and 5706 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X