Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by troopx
    Quick question.
    I received an invitation to the Med exam (April 8th)
    should assume that a BI results/decision was taken? My BI was completed 2 weeks before I got the invitation. I dont see how the BI review would take longer than 2 weeks. Im still going to the Med Exam and I have continued doing some PT training. thanks for any answer.
    If you recieved an invite to the final med... you recieved an invite... doesn't mean you are definately going to be offered an appointment to the academy but the odds are pretty good in your favor. When I went to my final medical... we all had the same questions you guys are asking but this forum was not nearly as popular 4 years ago like it is now. We were asking the questions of Troopers who were running the medical... a Lt. told us that if we were there for the final medical that we were more than likely going to recieve an appointment barring any medical DQ's.

    That being said... start talking to the guys/girls you meet at medical processing and start thinking with a team mindset. Each Troop will hold a meeting with the recruiter for all recruits who recieve appointments, a couple of weeks before the academy starts, to answer some questions and give you an opportunity to start thinking about carpool groups and things like that. Carpooling is not required but it is one hell of a team builder... you spend the trip studying and developing friendships that will go on past the academy even if you are stationed on opposite sides of the state.

    About decision time... there is no telling... We are strapped statewide for manning. I can't imagine that Albany is any diffrent.
    Last edited by Trooper4985; 03-22-2006, 01:48 PM.
    sigpic

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Trooper4985's official theme song

    Comment


    • New to this realm

      Thanks for the guidance. I had a question about the PT/med exam.
      Does anyone know the specifics about the PT? what is required etc.

      Also, does anyone know if requests for deferrals are accepted at this point or after an appointment is tendered? (assuming that there is a valid justification for it)

      --
      The first time I went to Albany, they said something like, you need x number to pass and some guys would just get to that number and get up. I thought that just performing the minimum required would sent the wrong message to the cadre. My advice would be to do as many as you can.

      For those who fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
      Greetings to all

      Comment


      • Originally posted by troopx
        Thanks for the guidance. I had a question about the PT/med exam.
        Does anyone know the specifics about the PT? what is required etc.

        Also, does anyone know if requests for deferrals are accepted at this point or after an appointment is tendered? (assuming that there is a valid justification for it)

        --
        The first time I went to Albany, they said something like, you need x number to pass and some guys would just get to that number and get up. I thought that just performing the minimum required would sent the wrong message to the cadre. My advice would be to do as many as you can.
        First, the PT is pass/fail. While it might send the wrong messege, it won't keep you out. The same guys might remember you, however, when it come to starting the academy. So I wouldn't suggest it. I don't know just what counts as passing, it's been a while for me.

        Second, they are quite liberal with deferals. If you give them a valid reason, they will probably grant it. Valid reasons might be: Can't get out of the military in time, need another month to finish my degree, my wife is having a difficult pregenency, etc. Why do you want a deferal? If it's personal and you don't want to post it, I'll understand. You can either PM if you want.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

        Comment


        • 50 percentile for males

          Age Group: 20-29
          Sit-ups 40
          Push-ups 33
          No running during med

          Age Group: 30-39
          Sit-ups 36
          Push-ups 27

          Comment


          • How is everyone holding up? There is only six more weeks to go after today and two weeks until the medical exam. I reread the entire NYSP thread on R eal P olice to pick up any pointers that I may have missed or forgotten. By the way, don't stay at the Red Carpet if anyone is going a day early for the medical. I stayed there for the processing weekend last year, and it was a real hole (broken bathroom door, broken ice machine that flooded the hall carpet, loud elevator right next to my room, barely working cable TV, and something had obviously died somewhere in the lobby).

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RGratton
              How is everyone holding up? There is only six more weeks to go after today and two weeks until the medical exam. I reread the entire NYSP thread on R eal P olice to pick up any pointers that I may have missed or forgotten. By the way, don't stay at the Red Carpet if anyone is going a day early for the medical. I stayed there for the processing weekend last year, and it was a real hole (broken bathroom door, broken ice machine that flooded the hall carpet, loud elevator right next to my room, barely working cable TV, and something had obviously died somewhere in the lobby).
              Ah yes... The Red Carpet... What a fine establishment. I stayed there by accident for my processing too... it was late when I was reserving rooms... I was thinking about the Red Roof.
              sigpic

              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

              Trooper4985's official theme song

              Comment


              • I made the same mistake..

                I stayed at the one in Niagara Falls Canada thinking I had gotten a room at the red roof inn. But not to fear the one in Canada is a whole just the same. I stayed at the Fairfield Inn last March because it was across the street from the academy. I also took alot of fruit from the breakfast to eat during the PAT day.
                When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RGratton
                  How is everyone holding up?
                  Hey, I'm holding up fairly well. Thanks for asking.












                  Oh, you weren't asking me, were you?
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

                  Comment


                  • How many nights will have to pass at the jam-packed academy before we're dreaming of a nice relaxing evening at the Red Carpet Inn? I'd set the over/under at one if I were a gambler.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                      Hey, I'm holding up fairly well. Thanks for asking.
                      Oh, you weren't asking me, were you?
                      No, but I'm always glad to hear from you too

                      It looks like the Investigators have a pretty decent new contract. Congratulations to them. I don't think it will affect the class size a lot like the other one seemed to do.

                      Comment


                      • Academy will be 263 cadets

                        this is the budgeted fill level, see you guys on the 8th.

                        Comment


                        • Even 263 is a huge class… I wonder if the 290 that someone else mentioned is the result of front-loading. I'm sure that all of us here will survive. See everyone on the 8th.
                          Last edited by RGratton; 03-27-2006, 03:40 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Congrats to the 192nd who graduated today!

                            I stayed at the Extended stay. Decent prices and they have that small kitchenette thingy too...
                            Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

                            Comment


                            • Another congrats to session 192, you guys made it, good job.

                              Comment


                              • So are you folks ready???? 9 days to rock and roll

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7100 users online. 380 members and 6720 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X