Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ascaldwell
    replied
    The Dow Jones is up and we're projected for a V-shaped recovery, amazing news!

Leave a comment:

• Hughnvm
    commented on 's reply
    So when they postpone the test was for what?, because my local is giving it in September still

• Khris2468
    commented on 's reply
    Uhh boyy see now you scaring me lol. Nah cuz I was scheduled to take exam in October and boom they said they postponed it. But hopefully next year

• 845Trooper
    replied
    I think the 2021 fall they might give the test . Honestly we don’t know though. The current list will for sure be active until the next test is graded.

Leave a comment:

• Khris2468
    replied

So when do you guys propose a new test will be out? I do know state police said they postponed it and a new date will be out when appropriate

Leave a comment:

• Khris2468
    commented on 's reply
    So when do you guys propose a new test will be out? I do know state police said they postponed it and a new date will be out when appropriate

• far1993
    commented on 's reply
    Hughnvm he's saying that the list won't expire until the new test is given and graded which usually takes 6 months to a year after the test is taken. If you pass everything then chances are you're gonna be good to go once the academy starts up again.

• Hughnvm
    commented on 's reply
    Wait when was this???, and if you passed everything, & they give A new test you are still in?, am I reading that right?

• GRNeye
    replied
    "the expiration date of the past test is irrelevant" Told to me by a recruiter. This current list will stay in effect until a new test is given, graded, and the first bunch of potential recruits is processed from the new test. The last I heard from a recruiter they anticipate holding 2-3 more academies off this current list.
    From what I know the previously scheduled test was postponed due to not be able to hold enough classes in with this current list (because of the pandemic). They have only used the first 3-4k from the list, and with 11,500 processed they would not waist that time and money with those individuals. This goes back to what I was told from my recruiter. "If you make it through the entire background and the Division of State Police deem you to be a good fit, the expiration date of the test is irrelevant". Stay positive, Stay hopeful and things will get rolling here shortly.
    Last edited by GRNeye; 05-24-2020, 06:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Khris2468
    replied

Fellas think logically. The NY STATE POLICE announced on social media that they postponed the exam and that a new date will be announced when appropriate. If they were gonna have a hiring freeze or they didn’t wanna give the exam they woulda just canceled it and that’s it. A new exam will happen. Now as for the class I don’t know nothing lol. I do know that I think the list runs out after next year and then they go of the new list of the new exam which is most likely gonna happen next year I believe. If you speak to a recruiter they will tell you more information.

Leave a comment:

• Khris2468
    commented on 's reply
    . Like I said think logically. The NY STATE LOLICE announced on social media that they postponed the exam and that a new date will be announced when appropriate. If they were gonna have a hiring freeze or they didn’t wanna give the exam they woulda just canceled it and that’s it. A new exam will happen. Now as for the class I don’t know nothing lol. I do know that I think the list runs out after next year and then they go of the new list of the new exam which is most likely gonna happen next year I believe. If you speak to recruiter they will tell you more information.

• Dukefan23
    replied
    Buffalo_17 I understand your concern but if in fact which I’m nearly 100 percent certain class 210 was approved for last year our training will happen. Is a freeze possible? Of course! Even with the 2008 recession an academy still went in that year prior to the freeze taking affect in 2009. As the conditions get better collectively we can feel better about the situation, gain confidence, and stay strong.

Leave a comment:

• Dukefan23
    replied
    We actually have a lot to be optimistic about, the condition of the virus is improving drastically and states surrounding NY have academies going back to action

Leave a comment:

• Dukefan23
    commented on 's reply
    From everything I’ve heard, 210 is a definite go. Thereafter is where things get fuzzy. As stated previously the funding is available from last year.

• Buffalo_17
    replied
    At this point everything is up in the air. 210 is even up in the air until we receive the notice in the mail. NY may get some funding but my guess is nowhere near the 62 billion Gov. Cuomo is asking for. There are going to be cuts all across the state. We gotta stay hopefully, but at the same time things aren’t looking good

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6593 users online. 445 members and 6148 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X