Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of my roommates will get a free colostomy bag from me as a welcoming present.

Have a happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. I'll be spending it running and doing pushups.

Comment

• Hey! If your squared away, easier to stay under the radar! The way I see it, 100 candidates, 290 candidates, or 500 candidates, get me in NOW!!!!! I DON"T CARE! Let's get it moving.
      Last edited by mike the marine; 03-17-2006, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Gawd, I'm glad I don't have to do that over again. All this talk of starting the academy makes me repeat my favorite saying.

"I'm glad I'm a lot closer to the end of my career than the beginning."
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• PFT Workouts and Prep

If anyone wants to try an awesome workout routine designed just for Military and Academy PFT's? Try StewSmith.com, or give me a PM with a good email address and I can email it to you. (it's a free 19 page, 6-wk running program offered on his web site so there is no copyright issues.) If you take the time out and follow the program, it has pretty amazing results.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2xvet
            If anyone wants to try an awesome workout routine designed just for Military and Academy PFT's? Try StewSmith.com, or give me a PM with a good email address and I can email it to you. (it's a free 19 page, 6-wk running program offered on his web site so there is no copyright issues.) If you take the time out and follow the program, it has pretty amazing results.
            He's the PT you should all be doing before you go because it's what you are going to be doing every morning when you get there. At least that was the PT when I was there and that is the PT the junior guys in the station talk about.

25 Jumping Jack
            25 Pushups
            25 Situps
            25 Pushups
            25 Mountain Climbers
            25 Squat Thrusts
            25 Pushups
            3.2 mile run

That's a PT session if the class didn't screw up the day before.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985
              He's the PT you should all be doing before you go because it's what you are going to be doing every morning when you get there. At least that was the PT when I was there and that is the PT the junior guys in the station talk about.

25 Jumping Jack
              25 Pushups
              25 Situps
              25 Pushups
              25 Mountain Climbers
              25 Squat Thrusts
              25 Pushups
              3.2 mile run

That's a PT session if the class didn't screw up the day before.
              Of course by the time you get to the Mountain climbers you will have actually done well over 100+ pushups. Get used to staying in the upright position and holding yourself approximately an inch from the floor

192nd will be graduating in 8 days I believe...
              Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

• Thanks for the tips. I'm adding some mountain climbers, squat thrusts, and jumping jacks to my routine this week. Do you partner up for the sit-ups or do them on your own? I'm used hooking my feet under something and doing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by RGratton
                  Thanks for the tips. I'm adding some mountain climbers, squat thrusts, and jumping jacks to my routine this week. Do you partner up for the sit-ups or do them on your own? I'm used hooking my feet under something and doing them.
                  Get used to doing them by yourself... you will be amazed at how many you can do with someone holding your feet once you can do 25 without someone holding your feet.
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Originally posted by RGratton
                    Thanks for the tips. I'm adding some mountain climbers, squat thrusts, and jumping jacks to my routine this week. Do you partner up for the sit-ups or do them on your own? I'm used hooking my feet under something and doing them.
                    Get used to doing them by yourself... you will be amazed at how many you can do with someone holding your feet once you can do 25 without someone holding your feet.

Originally posted by wannabeenytrp
                    192nd will be graduating in 8 days I believe...
                    I believe you are correct... It will be good to see some new faces on the road... My station is 6 short between both platoons, zone wide I think the number is 9. No way we are getting that many next transfer though. Can't complain though... it just means more OT for me... 18 hours in the last 2 days
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985
                      Will do, I'll practice my sit-up technique without anyone holding my feet. Here is my current routine, each of these done 3x a week on staggered days. I just added the mountain climbers, squat thrusts, and jumping jacks.

800 pushups, some with hands in close and some with hands far out.
                      800 sit-ups
                      7 mile run
                      dumbbells (just for fun)
                      25 squat thrusts
                      50 jumping jacks
                      50 mountain clumbers

Comment

• Trooper4985:

Don't give away all the secrets. Or I'll have to go Albany and teach a few classes myself, just to screw with the new guys.

Ah, never mind. Go ahead. I'm going to do that anyways.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Thanks Everyone

Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                          Trooper4985:

Don't give away all the secrets. Or I'll have to go Albany and teach a few classes myself, just to screw with the new guys.

Thanks everyone for all the info, we all appreciate your sharing. A little "heads-up" is always beneficial.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                            Trooper4985:

Come on Sarge... There are 23 more hours in the day that they have to guess what will happen next
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• By this point, we're all too gung ho to worry about what they are going to do to us physically and mentally And memories can always be suppressed once graduation is over.

There seems to be a pretty high success rate among people that are active on the message boards and that subsequently go into the academy. I think it is because everyone that comes here on a daily basis wants it so bad. Of course, a reminder to everyone expecting to go in, be careful about what you say about the academy while you are in it.

Comment

• Quick question.
                                I received an invitation to the Med exam (April 8th)
                                should assume that a BI results/decision was taken? My BI was completed 2 weeks before I got the invitation. I dont see how the BI review would take longer than 2 weeks. Im still going to the Med Exam and I have continued doing some PT training. thanks for any answer.

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
                                Greetings to all

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7060 users online. 287 members and 6773 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X