300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
    Haha nevertheless good luck on your exam Feb 9th goaliebg30. Trust me you will see your fair share of them come out on test day.
    Thanks Light Guardian. Looking foward for some laughs come feb 9th
    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by Sword View Post
      I took the test on the 26th in harlem and the thing that ticked me off the most was not peoples appearances but the fact that EVERYONE and their mother had to go to the bathroom. I honestly think people just went to the bathroom to move around a little bit. Test itself didn't start till almost 10.

One of the proctors was busting my tomatoes and said he wasn't going to let me in because he looked at my ID ( i am from RI) and knew i was a Patriot and Red Sox fan. He probably helped me out a litltle bit by making me laugh which calmed me down.
      I took the test in Yonkers and it seemed like everyone needed to use the can. One guy even fell asleep waiting for the test to start, a trooper went up to him and said "Sit up straight or go home" LOL. Did anyone sign up for the dispatcher test?
      It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Will View Post
        Did anyone sign up for the dispatcher test?
        When was that? Was it for NYSP?

Comment

I took the test in Yonkers and it seemed like everyone needed to use the can. One guy even fell asleep waiting for the test to start, a trooper went up to him and said "Sit up straight or go home" LOL. Did anyone sign up for the dispatcher test?

Unbelievable…he should not have been allowed to test. They say that 1 out of 10 get in, but I wonder how many are just plain worthless like that guy.

Comment

Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for a while and would like to thank all of you for the excellent information you provide to everyone.

I tested Jan 19 and was just shocked at how some of the people there just could not comprehend simple directions. It's amazing that someone could fall asleep waiting for the test...what a waste of space, I'm sure he will go very far and that his parents are very proud of him.
            ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Thanks, Graypatriot, for the info. If you, or anyone, could answer why my driving record shows nothing on it I'd appreciate it. I am just curious because I recall having to fill out a lot of specific info, that is difficult to recall 10+ yrs later, when I was processing for the NYPD, I would imagine it is similar for NYSP. Also, how heavy does volunteering weigh when they are checking you out, VFD etc.
              I agree with everyone on the odd looking people at the test. My personal favorite was a girl at my table who was dressed like she'd been working the streets all night, then walked straight to the test! Talk about one chance to make a first impression!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPSMDY View Post
                Thanks, Graypatriot, for the info. If you, or anyone, could answer why my driving record shows nothing on it I'd appreciate it. I am just curious because I recall having to fill out a lot of specific info, that is difficult to recall 10+ yrs later, when I was processing for the NYPD, I would imagine it is similar for NYSP. Also, how heavy does volunteering weigh when they are checking you out, VFD etc.
                I agree with everyone on the odd looking people at the test. My personal favorite was a girl at my table who was dressed like she'd been working the streets all night, then walked straight to the test! Talk about one chance to make a first impression!
                Because traffic tickets only stay on NY DMV abstracts for the rest of the year in which you get the ticket and then the following 3 years. At least that is what they told me when I went to the DMV and asked them why all my tickets don't show up on my abstract. If you can't remember the exact dates of each ticket they B.I. don't really mind. But don't say you don't have any because your abstract doesn't show them because he will find out.
                Last edited by trooperhopefull; 01-28-2008, 08:57 PM.
                NYSP............
                Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
                Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPSMDY View Post
                  Thanks, Graypatriot, for the info. If you, or anyone, could answer why my driving record shows nothing on it I'd appreciate it. I am just curious because I recall having to fill out a lot of specific info, that is difficult to recall 10+ yrs later, when I was processing for the NYPD, I would imagine it is similar for NYSP. Also, how heavy does volunteering weigh when they are checking you out, VFD etc.
                  1) According to Albany DMV headquarters when I spoke to them about 2 years ago, they said all NYS liscense holders that recieve moving violations in NYS that are found guilty will stay on their abstract for a minimum of 3 years. If you are convicted of DUI it will be on your record for a minimum of 10 years. If convicted of manslaughter it is on indefinitely.

2) VFD experience will most probably not do much as far as helping you qualify for this job.

3) That was not a girl
                  sigpic
                  IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                    1) According to Albany DMV headquarters when I spoke to them about 2 years ago, they said all NYS liscense holders that recieve moving violations in NYS that are found guilty will stay on their abstract for a minimum of 3 years.
                    Is this the same for tickets recieved out of NYS?
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                      Tickets from outside NY do not show up on your DL as long as you pay them... there is a thing called reciprocity between some states that means if you don't take care of tickets there... your license here is suspended.
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                        Tickets from outside NY do not show up on your DL as long as you pay them... there is a thing called reciprocity between some states that means if you don't take care of tickets there... your license here is suspended.
                        So heres my question:

3 years ago I got my first and only ticket, compliments of the California Highway Patrol, for 70 in a 55. I plead guilty, paid the ticket and everything is cool. But now, Im starting my BI, and I dont know the date and all the details of said ticket. Is my NYS driving abstract going to tell me this, or is it a waste of $10 to order it? And if the NYS dmv can't tell me what I need to know, where should I go?
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Usmc

You got your ticket courtesty NOT FROM CHP, but from your speeding.

Part of growing up is taking responsibility for you actions and that is why Investigators are always interested in young people's driving records.

The NYS MV system will most likely not have your ticket in Calif on your NY DL, as long as you paid it within the time allowed in Calif.....BUT....checking your NYDL with MV is never a bad thing to do when you are attempting to enter a law enforcement career.

GIGO does happen with computerized record keeping and since the driving record is judged important with NYSP and other agencies, better check it to make sure it is accurate.

I also suggest using one of the free Internet deals to check your credit with the three main credit reporting agencies nationwide. Most deals give you a free credit report in the first 30 days and no charge if you cancel the agreement within that time period. You still get the 3 reports and you can check and challenge/correct any mistakes on your report.

Comment

• There was at least 3 people sleeping near me at the test and those were the only ones i could see. I was seated four rows from the front so the majority of the people were behind me

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                              As Trooper4985 stated... no tix outside your liscense issuing state will show up on your state abstract/record. However, it is on record with that state for 3 years. The only time an out of state ticket will appear on your state abstract is if you carry a CDL (commercial driver's liscense) and were operating a CV (commercial vehicle) at the time of infraction. So, if for any reason you want to make sure that ticket went away, just go to Cali's DMV website and get an abstract from there. There is usually a record for atleast 3 years in most states that you recieve a ticket in.

It's better to be safe than sorry and know the details before filling out your BI paperwork. I know which agency is contracted to do the preliminary NYSP criminal/credit/liscense checks and they are pretty thorough with interstate lisc. checks, so get the details ahead of time.
                              sigpic
                              IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Hello all,

Does anyone know if the NYSP has an automatic DQ policy for drug use similar to some federal agencies (for example, using marijuana more than x times total or y times within the past z years) or is it decided on a case by case basis?

Thanks guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9262 users online. 430 members and 8832 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X