300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
    You get this at any CS test. Enemployeed toads have to prove they are attempting to find work or they lose their UI. Taking a test is good for a few weeks worth of jo hunting. They know they are never going to be a Trooper but they also know they don't have to go looking for a job for a little while too.
    Yeah I have seen some of the same people at my NYSUP exam back in November. I just thought because of the more rigorous job demands and the caliber of people ultimately desired for positions in NYSP this would invariably thin the herd so to speak come test day.
    "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
      Enemployeed toads
      thats funny
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
        Yeah I have seen some of the same people at my NYSUP exam back in November. I just thought because of the more rigorous job demands and the caliber of people ultimately desired for positions in NYSP this would invariably thin the herd so to speak come test day.

From what everyone is saying it sounds like Feb 9th when i take the test im going to be surprised when i see all these jokers.

I agree with you Light Guardian, you would think the caliber of people taking the exam would be different from other exams. Better chances for us.
        Last edited by goaliebg30; 01-27-2008, 01:23 PM.
        " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
          NYS Troopers please correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure each silver bar represent 5 years of service. So if you see four silver bars, that means the trooper has been on for 20 years.

I don't believe the purple has any other meaning except to highlight the silver service bars.
          Actually, the bar is grey (not silver) and the hash marks are purple. Once you get 4 hash marks, it's hard to tell which is the background color, and which color are the hashes.

But yes, four hashes means at least 20 years on.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY8739JR View Post
            Im curious as to how they grade the personality question part....anyone know? lol
            They send them all to me, and ask me to decide.

Did you go to a tutorial? It was explained there.

Basically, the company that wrote the exam gave personality tests to lot's of successful police officers, and culled certain traits. They match your responses to those of people in the industry. I've over simplified it, but that's fairly close.
            Last edited by SlowDownThere; 01-27-2008, 01:35 PM.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
              From what everyone is saying it sounds like Feb 9th when i take the test im going to be surprised when i see all these jokers.

I agree with you Light Guardian, you would think the caliber of people taking the exam would be different from other exams. Better chances for us.
              Haha nevertheless good luck on your exam Feb 9th goaliebg30. Trust me you will see your fair share of them come out on test day.
              "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                Some of us would have wished...what a friggen distraction. I think they took his test and booted him though. I wasn't about to look up, I was in the zone.
                Hey OTVFD18 where did you take your exam yesterday?
                "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                  thats funny
                  Post 2 shift atrocious spelling corrected.
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Nice post NYIllini. Thanks for the information. I stopped hanging out with my friends when i graduated HS because they were the wrong people to be hanging around with. Around that time is when I got all my tickets, but since then I have been working full time, going to school full time, working out, and hanging out with just my girlfriend. I'm trying to do all I can do to make it clear I have changed and learned from my mistakes. Im taking the NJ civil service test, NYSP, and NYPD tests. And if I ever did get offered employment with any of them I would be sure to tell them the truth about everything, and not just half the truth hoping they won't find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                      Actually, the bar is grey (not silver) and the hash marks are purple. Once you get 4 hash marks, it's hard to tell which is the background color, and which color are the hashes.

So you have just a purple bar now, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                        Went well, I'm happy about how I feel I did. Now it's sit and wait. The test Captain overseeing the test today told us 4-8 weeks before we see the results. I guess I can live with that.
                        Shorter time than what the website says:

When will I get my score?

Candidates should expect grades 10 –12 weeks after taking the examination. If you have moved but did not notify us of your new address, please update your contact information.

www.nytrooper.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post

Thank you SDT for the clarification.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
                            Hey OTVFD18 where did you take your exam yesterday?
                            Onondaga Community College

Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                            Shorter time than what the website says:
                            That's what I said. We'll see, I'll say at least 8 weeks.

Comment

• [QUOTE=OTVFD18;1083385]Onondaga Community College

Oh ok. We had a cell phone issue over at the academy in Albany as well. I didn't know if that was the same one you were talking about.
                              "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• I took the test on the 26th in harlem and the thing that ticked me off the most was not peoples appearances but the fact that EVERYONE and their mother had to go to the bathroom. I honestly think people just went to the bathroom to move around a little bit. Test itself didn't start till almost 10.

One of the proctors was busting my tomatoes and said he wasn't going to let me in because he looked at my ID ( i am from RI) and knew i was a Patriot and Red Sox fan. He probably helped me out a litltle bit by making me laugh which calmed me down.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11419 users online. 407 members and 11012 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X