Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what did the troopers do when the phone rang?

Comment

• Hello everyone, great forum. I have been reading this since june; takes a very long time to become registered! I took the exam today and feel very confident that I did well. So, now I'll ask questions about some things I've been curious about.
      As far as the credit check, what are they looking for? I have an excellent credit score, one 30 day late payment four years ago, but, I have a few high balances. Will this hurt me, or do they just look at payment history?
      How many speeding tickets are considered bad? I had three between the ages of 17 and 20, then I had one about three years ago. I am now 29 years old. While on the subject of traffic history, I checked my history with the dmv about 6 mos ago...nothing was on it. Recently, I purchased atv insurance and the ins co. said the same thing. Why is this?
      I have military plus the 60 credits. I changed major a few times as well as schools. Since I do not actually have a degree, but, just a bunch of mixed credits; is this looked at negatively? If not, in a case like this, will they be more interested in someone with a degree?
      I'll leave the questions at this for now. I'd really appreciate any feedback, and hope to have the chance to meet some of you at the academy!!!!! Thanks

Comment

• I also have been reading this forum for a long time and think its great thing to able to communicate with each other through this whole process. I have a question though for a trooper. I have accumulated 12 points on my NJ drivers licence for a few speeding tickets in the first year i had my drivers licence. They suspended my licence 2 years ago for a month, and since then I have not recieved any tickets. I was alot more immature back then, then I am now and have deffinitly learned for it. I have talked to alot of cops not troopers on this issue and they just tell me that as long as you dont have any arrests and drug convictions, that they'll most likly not DQ you because I accumulated the points in a short period of time when I first got my licence, so they probly just chalk it up as immaturity. I took the test today and I feel pretty good about my results, but I feel like once they see my drivers abstract ill be good as done. If any troopers out there could just shed some light to me on this issue I would really appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by StatetroopNY View Post
          what did the troopers do when the phone rang?
          They shot him!

Originally posted by NYSPSMDY View Post
          As far as the credit check, what are they looking for? I have an excellent credit score, one 30 day late payment four years ago, but, I have a few high balances. Will this hurt me, or do they just look at payment history?
          I had a few high balances too but never missed a payment. Not an issue in my opinion as long as you make your payments...

How many speeding tickets are considered bad? I had three between the ages of 17 and 20, then I had one about three years ago. I am now 29 years old.

I have always thought that speeding tickets were not really an issue and in your case I am sure they are not as a lot of time has passed, but in light of the recent incidents with LEO involved in collisions, I am sure an attorney would be quick to bring up the officers driving history prior to employment and if there was a trend of speeding prior to them being sworn in... well I am sure you see where I am going with this...

I have military plus the 60 credits. I changed major a few times as well as schools. Since I do not actually have a degree, but, just a bunch of mixed credits; is this looked at negatively? If not, in a case like this, will they be more interested in someone with a degree?
          If you meet the requirements you meet the requirements. They are going down a list and sending through all those qualified first, so you should be ok, Mr Wishy Washy can't make up my mind on a major
          [QUOTE=SPsoon;1082215] I have accumulated 12 points on my NJ drivers licence for a few speeding tickets in the first year i had my drivers licence. They suspended my licence 2 years ago for a month, and since then I have not recieved any tickets. I was alot more immature back then, [QUOTE=SPsoon;1082215]

Not a lot of time has passed but who knows they left Graystate and NYIllini on so anything is possible...

Comment

• hey everyone, hope everyone had a good test day. i been reading some of the stories about the jerks in the test and thats sad. why would they even waste their time.

im in vt now and on my way up 87 the boys in gray were all over the place. i saw somthing that i never seen a trooper do before in my life and i've seen alot of s**t traveling 87. just shows the awsome training they have.
            Last edited by goaliebg30; 01-26-2008, 09:25 PM.
            " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by StatetroopNY View Post
              what did the troopers do when the phone rang?
              they probly draged his a** outside and kick the sh*t out of him!!! cant beleive some people would bring them in to the STATE POLICE test.

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• any troopers know what the hell happened on the Thruway by exit 24 last night when a women jumped from her car in the middle on the highway and then was hit by another car? just saw this on the news. i was driving up that night and must have happened right after i got off there.

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• GrayState, I saw it on capital 9 news.

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Im curious as to how they grade the personality question part....anyone know? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                        Even the best quality control can't get it right 100% of the time.

For all interested in background investigations

I can't even pretend to know what will DQ someone and what won't. Everyone's background is unique with numerous variables. Maybe your tickets alone wouldn't DQ you but that combined w/something else might be enough to do it. The only thing I know for a fact will disqualify an applicant is to lie. If you meet the requirements to apply then keep going until your told otherwise. I have not been a Trooper long and I'm not an expert on our process or any other however, this is my advice for our processes or any other agency. All I can say is that I had a 100% success rate using it with the NYSP

1. Always be honest.
                        You might have a friend who has a friend who knows a Trooper and they said that if you have more then 5 tickets you'll automatically will be DQ so since you have 6 you'll just say you have 5 and you'll be good to go.
                        Well guess what maybe your driving history would keep you from our job and maybe it wouldn't but now you've lied and now your out for sure. In addition every department has different standards. Maybe it would have kept you from our job but you could have made it on with another department. Once you have failed a poly for one department most others won't be interested.
                        Bottom line no matter what the question is NEVER LIE!

2. Prove yourself.
                        You can't erase anything you have done but you better have learned from it.
                        You have decided to apply for a career in law enforcement. Congratulations. It is by far the greatest job in the world. However from this point on your life will be under a microscope. During the hiring process it will be looked at by the agency you are applying for. If you get the job it will be looked at from both with in the agency and the general public. You don't get to make those mistakes anymore and blame it on immaturity. Nobody wants to hear excuses they want professionals that they can trust with an enormous amount of responsibility. Your peers and the public will demand more of you. Don't even allow yourself to be in situations where you know you might jeopardize your chances. If you have trouble driving the speed limit drive in the right lane until you have the discipline you need. You have a group of friends that you know do things that are unacceptable in this profession get rid of them. This is a life decision your making so start living your life by that decision now. If you start now then even if you get DQ as you get older and those mistakes become further away and your history stays clean you greatly increase your chance to get on later.

Good luck to all

Great post

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                          They shot him!
                          Some of us would have wished...what a friggen distraction. I think they took his test and booted him though. I wasn't about to look up, I was in the zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
                            Great post
                            Ditto. Thanks.

Comment

• Did anyone else notice the amount of jokers that came in to take the test? Some who were obviously extremely overweight and some who dont look like they would take the job seriously. There were people chatting away while the Major who was the test administrator was talking over the loud speaker. This is the most elite police agency in New York and you would think that they would show a little more professionalism even at an exam.
                              "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
                                Did anyone else notice the amount of jokers that came in to take the test? Some who were obviously extremely overweight and some who dont look like they would take the job seriously. There were people chatting away while the Major who was the test administrator was talking over the loud speaker. This is the most elite police agency in New York and you would think that they would show a little more professionalism even at an exam.
                                You get this at any CS test. Unemployed toads have to prove they are attempting to find work or they lose their UI. Taking a test is good for a few weeks worth of job hunting. They know they are never going to be a Trooper but they also know they don't have to go looking for a job for a little while too.
                                Last edited by Trooper4985; 01-27-2008, 02:09 PM.
                                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5113 users online. 208 members and 4905 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X