300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://capitalnews9.com/content/spec...x/Default.aspx

check this out everyone. give you somewhat of an idea the Acedemy is about. scroll down to see all 9 videos. Forgot i had this on my comp. (no way the reporter would make it through!!!!)
    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
      http://capitalnews9.com/content/spec...x/Default.aspx

check this out everyone. give you somewhat of an idea the Acedemy is about. scroll down to see all 9 videos. Forgot i had this on my comp. (no way the reporter would make it through!!!!)
      Goalie, I believe this video link was posted by someone a several weeks ago, but thanx for refreshing my memory on the grueling 6 months that awaits me

I noticed this video on AP's site too. http://video.ap.org/v/Legacy.aspx?g=...129339&fg=copy

This is another reason Lawyers should burn in hell. Can someone please tell me what these C/O's did wrong aside from showing up at work that day.
      sigpic
      IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
        This is another reason Lawyers should burn in hell. Can someone please tell me what these C/O's did wrong aside from showing up at work that day.
        That is the version of the incident edited by the scumbag lawyer... although I see no excessive force, I'm sure the arguement is going to be that the scumbag was not resisting and did not need to be tased since he was already handcuffed. It is quite evident that he was resisting and anyone who have ever had to try to control someone who is fighting, cuffed or not, knows that you can still resist quite effectively even when cuffed.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
          That is the version of the incident edited by the scumbag lawyer... although I see no excessive force, I'm sure the arguement is going to be that the scumbag was not resisting and did not need to be tased since he was already handcuffed. It is quite evident that he was resisting and anyone who have ever had to try to control someone who is fighting, cuffed or not, knows that you can still resist quite effectively even when cuffed.
          I know... Isn't it beautiful the way the lawyer and media love to only show the parts where the cops are laying hands on some piece of sh*t. You never see the parts where he was just kicking like a jack rabbit, spitting, headbutting, biting and stiffening up while they're trying to simply walk him to a designated area. It never matters either that the guy has a record bigger than Elvis' greatest hits.

I'm sure he was locked up that night too from being an innocent bystander at the bar just trying to quietly sip his cup of cocoa.

Let's put our hands together for another double dose of wonderful contributions made to society by this half a*s attorney and his poor victimized client. Keep up the good work by telling every criminal in the world they are the victim, not the person that was raped, beaten, stabbed, shot or killed.
          sigpic
          IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• To all taking the test tomorrow...GOOD LUCK. I have to be at the site at 0830 so I'm heading to bed to relax then get some sleep. See some of you tomorrow, and hopefully all of you in a few months!

Comment

• i am so excited about tomorrow!

Comment

• Test today at 1 pm...Here goes nothing! Best wishes to all others taking the exam.
                "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Good luck to all Jan. 26 test takers!

Comment

• Went well, I'm happy about how I feel I did. Now it's sit and wait. The test Captain overseeing the test today told us 4-8 weeks before we see the results. I guess I can live with that.

Comment

• Test went excellent. I have to say it is a little intimidating walking into the academy with all those troopers around. Nevertheless, they had a very strong command presence whenever they moved and it is that much more of a reason why I hope to become a trooper. I have a question though for troopers out there. I noticed on some of the uniforms some of the troopers had a purple ribbon over their left breast pocket with various numbers of gray hash lines on them. What are these ribbons and what does each of these hash lines represent?
                      "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
                        Test went excellent. I have to say it is a little intimidating walking into the academy with all those troopers around. Nevertheless, they had a very strong command presence whenever they moved and it is that much more of a reason why I hope to become a trooper. I have a question though for troopers out there. I noticed on some of the uniforms some of the troopers had a purple ribbon over their left breast pocket with various numbers of gray hash lines on them. What are these ribbons and what does each of these hash lines represent?
                        Each gray bar signifies 5 years of service.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
                          I noticed on some of the uniforms some of the troopers had a purple ribbon over their left breast pocket with various numbers of gray hash lines on them. What are these ribbons and what does each of these hash lines represent?
                          NYS Troopers please correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure each silver bar represent 5 years of service. So if you see four silver bars, that means the trooper has been on for 20 years.

I don't believe the purple has any other meaning except to highlight the silver service bars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                            I also tested this afternoon in Orange Co, I think the test went well and there were only about 5 questions that were tricky. Not sure how they grade the second part but look forward to the results.

I felt much better about my chances once I saw some of the competition, here are my observations:

- Many did not shave (looked like just rolled out of bed for 1pm test)
                            - People wore their hats/doo rags in the building until instructed to take off.
                            - Smokers.
                            - We were told to show no later 12:30, people arrived up to 1:05.
                            - Earrings.
                            - Some had cell phones and had to return to car. No attention to detail or written instructions on admission slip.
                            - Highly doubt most will pass PFT.

Anyone else notice this or am I being to critical?
                            Hence the reason usually less than 1 in 10 that take the test recieve an appointment and even fewer make it on the road.
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Thanks for the explanation Trooper4985 and NYSP61. I have always wondered what those were for
                              "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• We had a cell phone ring during my test...AFTER NO LESS THAN 10 FRIGGEN INSTRUCTIONS TO HAND THEM OVER!! How did these people get through college??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8365 users online. 384 members and 7981 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X