Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
    LMAOOO.
    I just want to get it over with already.
    last semester and all.
    your lucky, i have one more after this one.
    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
      How about the different respect people give to officers at the local, county, state, and federal level? Example: Are you more respectful to the local cop, the Suffolk County cop, the Trooper, or the guys in the black suits and sunglasses?
      I Was thinking about that too, like asking people in Nassau county and Suffolk county and people in NYC see how they feel about the NYPD since I know a couple of people out there.
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• From my experiance as a Traffic Control Officer working for a local police department in suffolk, i have learned 2 things:

1) no one respects TCOS, alot of the time, not even the police officers that we're working with.

2) in gerenal, no one is EVER happy when the cops show up, even when they need the cops.

thats just my 2 cents on the subject

the cops do get alot more resepect than we do, county and state get much more.

ill recall one time i was directing traffic alone at night for some fireworks. We had a series of detours setup with several roads blocked to keep the traffic moving after the fireworks to let everyone out. My job was pretty much to block the side street and not let anyone make a left turn. Someone wanted to make a left turn and i told them that they couldnt and needed to keep going to keep the traffic flowing. they refused, and then DROVE right through my road block (through the cones and baracades, and ran over some flares). since i was unarmed and couldnt stop them, i just called for some backup, and 2 state troopers showed up on bikes........after that NO ONE gave me a hard time.....boy was i glad to see them.... no one messes with the troopers.
        Last edited by Goose9454; 01-23-2008, 03:32 PM.
        NYS Trooper - 76.67...gonna be waitin......
        NYPD - Exam # 8305...gonna be waitin......
        Westchester County PD- Taken - 90
        Onondaga County PD - Taken - 90
        Broome County Sheriff - Taken - 90, canvased, passed PAT, background packet submitted!!!
        Rockland County PD - Taken - 90

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid......." - Han Solo, Star Wars

"Just becuase its not illegal doesnt mean that its a good idea" - Random

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose9454 View Post
          From my experiance as a Traffic Control Officer working for a local police department in suffolk, i have learned 2 things:

1) no one respects TCOS, alot of the time, not even the police officers that we're working with.

2) in gerenal, no one is EVER happy when the cops show up, even when they need the cops.

thats just my 2 cents on the subject

the cops do get alot more resepect than we do, county and state get much more.

ill recall one time i was directing traffic alone at night for some fireworks. We had a series of detours setup with several roads blocked to keep the traffic moving after the fireworks to let everyone out. My job was pretty much to block the side street and not let anyone make a left turn. Someone wanted to make a left turn and i told them that they couldnt and needed to keep going to keep the traffic flowing. they refused, and then DROVE right through my road block (through the cones and baracades, and ran over some flares). since i was unarmed and couldnt stop them, i just called for some backup, and 2 state troopers showed up on bikes........after that NO ONE gave me a hard time.....boy was i glad to see them.... no one messes with the troopers.

hahahaha.....the Troopers probly set that guy straight

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• [QUOTE=goaliebg30;1077546]Union Millburn area.....i hate this state. i cant wait to move up to LG. If you were to see some of the s**t that i see down here you would not believe your eyes.

Haha yeah Jersey is a ****ty state. When I moved up to NY i told myself I would never move back.
            "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• [QUOTE=Light_Guardian;1077774]
              Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
              Union Millburn area.....i hate this state. i cant wait to move up to LG. If you were to see some of the s**t that i see down here you would not believe your eyes.

Haha yeah Jersey is a ****ty state. When I moved up to NY i told myself I would never move back.
              ya im moving next year up in the ADK's. the toughest thing about leaveing this crap hole will be leaven my friends but hopfully the troopers works out and make some buddies there. its just unreal the things people do down here!!

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• [QUOTE=goaliebg30;1077793]
                Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post

ya im moving next year up in the ADK's. the toughest thing about leaveing this crap hole will be leaven my friends but hopfully the troopers works out and make some buddies there. its just unreal the things people do down here!!
                Aw man I love the Adirondacks. They are gorgeous. Are you going to be around Crown Point (Sou. ADKs) or will you be more north? I hear ya about seeing things in Jersey. I have caught an eyeful of nonsense in my days in Brunswick. Any horror stories from your end of Jersey?
                Last edited by Light_Guardian; 01-23-2008, 05:18 PM.
                "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• [QUOTE=Light_Guardian;1077821]

Aw man I love the Adirondacks. They are gorgeous. Are you going to be around Crown Point (Sou. ADKs) or will you be more north? I hear ya about seeing things in Jersey. I have caught an eyeful of nonsense in my days in Brunswick. Any horror stories from your end of Jersey?
                  Im goin to be in Diamond Pt on LG. I always up in Crown pt on the lake during the summer with the boat. just the othe day i was driving to school and guy in front of me laid on the horn for the guy to move and the guy got out of the car and draged the other guy out and started screaming at him. i didnt see what else happened i just was like wtf and drove away im not getting involed with bull**** like that. Just last week guy was at a light and the light turned green and someone was in the crosswalk and the guy moved up so the guy would get the hit to move faster in the crooswalk and the guy pulled out a gun and droped 8 rounds at the guy in the car....my thought are let them kill themselves. All the towns are changing, it just sucks. i could write a book about this hell hole.

every summer im at the lake and its just a different type of crowd up there. even traveling through out ny for hockey its the same every where you go. If you wave to someone you dont have to be worried about getting shot. (i wont say anything about the city because that just like jersey).

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    No, nothing yet.

I'll be at the Academy in February, and maybe I'll hear something then.
                    Last I heard they are thinking of a mid-April class of about 100 or so. That is always subject to change though, depending on budget issues and politics.
                    Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                    American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• o ya some towns are so bad that the State Police had to take over!!!

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• [QUOTE=goaliebg30;1077838]

Im goin to be in Diamond Pt on LG. I always up in Crown pt on the lake during the summer with the boat. just the othe day i was driving to school and guy in front of me laid on the horn for the guy to move and the guy got out of the car and draged the other guy out and started screaming at him. i didnt see what else happened i just was like wtf and drove away im not getting involed with bull**** like that. Just last week guy was at a light and the light turned green and someone was in the crosswalk and the guy moved up so the guy would get the hit to move faster in the crooswalk and the guy pulled out a gun and droped 8 rounds at the guy in the car....my thought are let them kill themselves. All the towns are changing, it just sucks. i could write a book about this hell hole.

every summer im at the lake and its just a different type of crowd up there. even traveling through out ny for hockey its the same every where you go. If you wave to someone you dont have to be worried about getting shot. (i wont say anything about the city because that just like jersey).
                        Wow thats crazy bro. I witnessed my first stabbing as a kid in Jersey but I never saw a shooting out in the open like that. Jersey first of all is very reputable for producing alot of bad drivers so I def hear ya on that end. With the shooting though that is insane. How far off were you when the shots went off??
                        "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• [QUOTE=Light_Guardian;1077928]

Wow thats crazy bro. I witnessed my first stabbing as a kid in Jersey but I never saw a shooting out in the open like that. Jersey first of all is very reputable for producing alot of bad drivers so I def hear ya on that end. With the shooting though that is insane. How far off were you when the shots went off??
                          I Saw my first shooting when I was 12, in the Bronx. Some guy just walked up to another guy put the gun to his head shot him and then after he fell he shot him again a couple of times then the guy with the gun walked away like nothing happened. I still remember it like it was yesterday.
                          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• [QUOTE=Light_Guardian;1077928]

i was down the street in traffic but i herd somthing that sounded like shots. from hunting and shooting at the range all the time i could tell they were shots. i read about it the next day in the papers and heard the real story from some buddies of mine that are on the local force. that was my 4th shooting i have saw/herd.

as far as driving i think jersey makes you a better driver. if you can drive in jersey and long island you can drive any where in the world. but there alot of retart drivers in this state.

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• [QUOTE=goaliebg30;1077956]

i was down the street in traffic but i herd somthing that sounded like shots. from hunting and shooting at the range all the time i could tell they were shots. i read about it the next day in the papers and heard the real story from some buddies of mine that are on the local force. that was my 4th shooting i have saw/herd.

as far as driving i think jersey makes you a better driver. if you can drive in jersey and long island you can drive any where in the world. but there alot of retart drivers in this state.
                              Did you hear if anyone was hurt in that shooting? That would freak me out even if I was down the street. But yeah i definitely agree with you that you do become a better driver if you drive in New Jersey. It makes you more vigilante and alert which can be helpful as a trooper.
                              "Carpe Diem"

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11643 users online. 373 members and 11270 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X