Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Something to think about

    Something for all the hopefulls to think about. I just got home from a 2 shift about an hour ago. No problem for me but the family guys I work with usually end up getting calls about "where are you... why aren't you home yet... I've have to go to work and the kids need to get on the bus!" at about 7:15.

    sigpic

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Trooper4985's official theme song

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
      Something for all the hopefulls to think about. I just got home from a 2 shift about an hour ago. No problem for me but the family guys I work with usually end up getting calls about "where are you... why aren't you home yet... I've have to go to work and the kids need to get on the bus!" at about 7:15.

      Your not married are ya? Those calls are strictly to keep tabs on whether or not your really working or in a cheap motel with Regina the human vacuum.
      sigpic
      IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
        Your not married are ya? Those calls are strictly to keep tabs on whether or not your really working or in a cheap motel with Regina the human vacuum.
        My GF (since 98) is exactly 90 miles from my driveway hence she knows not what I do except on 2nd platoon's weekends when I see her. She makes a boat load more than I do so I guess I have the best of both worlds... a great job in a busy station and a GF that buys dinner
        sigpic

        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

        Trooper4985's official theme song

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
          Hey, if it aint broke don't fix it...
          LMAO
          "Why you harassing me?"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
            Whereabouts in Jersey do you live? I was born and raised in New Brunswick before I moved to New York.
            Union Millburn area.....i hate this state. i cant wait to move up to LG. If you were to see some of the s**t that i see down here you would not believe your eyes.

            Trooper4985, that wasnt a another troopers was it? I hear ya im going to try and stay single as long as i can so i dont have to deal with that ****. what station r u out of?
            " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

            Smokey and the Bandit

            Comment


            • Originally posted by NYIllini
              Well if we are going to turn this into a football thread we might as well mention the best Super Bowl team EVER:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNC3dgreaU
              Still remember the Superbowl XX... They sure had some D, that's for sure.


              Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
              a great job in a busy station and a GF that buys dinner
              My wife just bought me lunch. She also makes more than me, but doesn't work as many hours.

              Anyone else just lose close to 25% in their deffered comp? I need this economy to turn around... Fast!
              SDT: I hope yours is in stable income fund at this stage in your career.
              Last edited by GrayPatriot; 01-23-2008, 02:25 PM.

              Comment


              • I was wondering if anyone can help me

                So today was the first day of classes, and I had my senior seminar class and I have to write a 25-35 research paper and on Monday we have to hand in our topic and I don't really have a topic yet, so I was wondering if you guys could help me out and give me some ideas.

                I want to research something that's LE related and also something I can do in 3months.

                I need a topic in which the way I can collect my info is by doing
                -Surveys
                -interviews
                -content analysis

                I'm not asking you to do any research for me but just to give me some topics if you can think of any.

                Thank you very much in advance.

                One Idea that came to mind was to research if people tend to respect a male officer more than a female officer or the other way around. or if Males respect male officers more than females officer and if Females respect female officers more than a male officer.
                "Why you harassing me?"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
                  Trooper4985, that wasnt a another troopers was it? I hear ya im going to try and stay single as long as i can so i dont have to deal with that ****. what station r u out of?
                  He investigated a fatal MVA last night. I suspect that may be from the crash.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                    Anyone else just lose close to 25% in their deffered comp? I need this economy to turn around... Fast!
                    SDT: I hope yours is in stable income fund at this stage in your career.
                    Actually, the markets seemed a little frothy to me back in July, and I moved almost everything to the Stable Fund. Pople were making fun of me too.

                    I have some in GNMA (which has done quite well) and very little left in stocks.
                    The valuations are starting to look good to me again, I'm started to pay attention again.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by hacksaw01 View Post
                      Does anyone know when the test results will be sent out?
                      Look for something in the mail in May, 2008.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

                      Comment


                      • SlowDownThere, any word on class size for the academy?
                        " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

                        Smokey and the Bandit

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
                          SlowDownThere, any word on class size for the academy?
                          No, nothing yet.

                          I'll be at the Academy in February, and maybe I'll hear something then.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                            No, nothing yet.

                            I'll be at the Academy in February, and maybe I'll hear something then.
                            Thanks,

                            John2008, i know how you feel im sitting in class right now. i miss break already. i got an idea for your paper, write about how college work sucks ***!!....lol
                            " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

                            Smokey and the Bandit

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
                              Thanks,

                              John2008, i know how you feel im sitting in class right now. i miss break already. i got an idea for your paper, write about how college work sucks ***!!....lol
                              LMAOOO.
                              I just want to get it over with already.
                              last semester and all.
                              "Why you harassing me?"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                                So today was the first day of classes, and I had my senior seminar class and I have to write a 25-35 research paper and on Monday we have to hand in our topic and I don't really have a topic yet, so I was wondering if you guys could help me out and give me some ideas.

                                I want to research something that's LE related and also something I can do in 3months.

                                I need a topic in which the way I can collect my info is by doing
                                -Surveys
                                -interviews
                                -content analysis

                                I'm not asking you to do any research for me but just to give me some topics if you can think of any.

                                Thank you very much in advance.

                                One Idea that came to mind was to research if people tend to respect a male officer more than a female officer or the other way around. or if Males respect male officers more than females officer and if Females respect female officers more than a male officer.
                                How about the different respect people give to officers at the local, county, state, and federal level? Example: Are you more respectful to the local cop, the Suffolk County cop, the Trooper, or the guys in the black suits and sunglasses?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10951 users online. 397 members and 10554 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X