300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYIllini
    Do not be discouraged because of your age. It is not that being young is an automatic DQ it's just the average new Trooper is usually a little older than 21. This has to do with many reasons. One is the fact that the list last several years and the process takes a long time from start to finish. Just sitting on the list can add a few years. Another factor is that younger applicants may not have had enough time to distance themselves from youthful indiscretions. A lot of times people will have made mistakes in their past that may not DQ them permanently but agencies like to see some time go buy to ensure the fact that it was a youthful mistake and not an inherent character flaw. To say "I haven't done that since I was a teenager" doesn't sound as impressive from a 20 year old as it does a 27 year old. Between the phsyc and the background a lot of things will be looked at from maturity through work history. As posted earlier it is hard to have an excellent work history at 20. By the end of your process your BI will know more about you than your own mother. They'll know if your right for the State Police and if they can't find a reason not to hire you based on your background then they will not use your age as a reason not to hire you either. Good luck. I personally can't think of anything that could be better than to be able to retire at 41 other than maybe to retire w/ 30 at 51
    I was talking to one of my friends about his BI that he did a couple of years ago before he was hired with the agency he works for now, and he was telling me that his BI gave him a hard time because he didn’t believe him because he had no drug history or arrest or any type of problems with LE. My friend had a well explication for that since he went into the Army straight out of HS. But me, I grew up with strict parents so I never got into any real trouble, never had detention in school or been suspended. Went to college straight out of high school and now I’m almost done this is my last semester, never done any type of drugs only thing that I have done is under age drinking in parties. My driving record is pretty clean only thing on it is a ticket for failure to signal that I got by NYSUP. My work history is pretty good, never been fired or written up by any of the employers I have worked for and when I left, I left on good terms as far as I know. So let’s see what happens when I do my BI.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
      My driving record is pretty clean only thing on it is a ticket for failure to signal that I got by NYSUP.
      You got a ticket for failure to signal?

John, I don't think you understand how serious a matter that is. People crash all the time because others don't signal a turn. You're just lucky nobody got hurt.

I don't mean to discourage you, but it doesn't look good guy. Eight of of the last 20 DQ's were for "failure to signal." We drive for a living here you know.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

I was talking to one of my friends about his BI that he did a couple of years ago before he was hired with the agency he works for now, and he was telling me that his BI gave him a hard time because he didn’t believe him because he had no drug history or arrest or any type of problems with LE.
        My B.I. was a pretty guy. When I did my poly with the NYSP they really focused on the drug questions alot and since I have never used drugs they pushed the matter even further. Just tell them the truth and it will set you free.
        NYSP............
        Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
        Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          You got a ticket for failure to signal?

John, I don't think you understand how serious a matter that is. People crash all the time because others don't signal a turn. You're just lucky nobody got hurt.

I don't mean to discourage you, but it doesn't look good guy. Eight of of the last 20 DQ's were for "failure to signal." We drive for a living here you know.

NYPD here I commmmeeee then.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Does anyone have the link for the company that makes the test? My tutorial instructor said that they have practice exams on that site so I think I will take those in addition to the prep books I have for the exam. Thanks in advance!
            "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
              Does anyone have the link for the company that makes the test? My tutorial instructor said that they have practice exams on that site so I think I will take those in addition to the prep books I have for the exam. Thanks in advance!
              http://www.publicsafetyrecruitment.c...o.asp?testID=1

or you can buy the book from them for 15.00
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

http://www.publicsafetyrecruitment.c...o.asp?testID=1

or you can buy the book from them for 15.00
                Thanks John2008. BTW I thought I remember seeing you in the NYSUP thread. Did you decide to take the test for University Police back in November?
                "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
                  Thanks John2008. BTW I thought I remember seeing you in the NYSUP thread. Did you decide to take the test for University Police back in November?
                  I took it, I figure I might as well take it since is the same test that goes for NYSPP so I applied for NYSPP and NYSUP. do you know when do we get the results by any chance?
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I was talking to one of my friends about his BI that he did a couple of years ago before he was hired with the agency he works for now, and he was telling me that his BI gave him a hard time because he didn’t believe him because he had no drug history or arrest or any type of problems with LE. My friend had a well explication for that since he went into the Army straight out of HS. But me, I grew up with strict parents so I never got into any real trouble, never had detention in school or been suspended. Went to college straight out of high school and now I’m almost done this is my last semester, never done any type of drugs only thing that I have done is under age drinking in parties. My driving record is pretty clean only thing on it is a ticket for failure to signal that I got by NYSUP. My work history is pretty good, never been fired or written up by any of the employers I have worked for and when I left, I left on good terms as far as I know. So let’s see what happens when I do my BI.

John, im right there with you as far as a clean record. after high school i went and played hockey out west and came home last Augest and am in school. Got this sem and another one then im done. never got into trouble, im only guilty of drinking at parties. got a speeding ticket by the NYSP on the northway goin to my lake house in LG. that was when i was 17. hopfully that doesnt F**k me.

Glad to see ther are some youngings on here....lol
                    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

NYPD here I commmmeeee then.
                      Last edited by formerFAM; 05-20-2008, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by formerFAM View Post
                        Dude, if you are gonna be a cop, you have to learn to take ANYTHING that another cop says as either bull**** or sarcastic or a combination of both.
                        Naw, SDT would never lie to me.
                        Last edited by John2008; 01-22-2008, 01:42 PM.
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperhopefull View Post
                          My B.I. was a pretty guy.
                          Really!?

Comment

I took it, I figure I might as well take it since is the same test that goes for NYSPP so I applied for NYSPP and NYSUP. do you know when do we get the results by any chance?
                            Yeah the officer I spoke with at SUNY Albany said we should receive them late february to early march but it is not unheard of to get them earlier. From there dependent on how high your rank is it is possible to get a canvass letter soon after but again this is dependent on if any school is hiring since NYSUP is not centralized but there is talk about uniting them under the New York State Police. How did you think you did on the test?
                            "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                              Really!?
                              hahahaha....thats funny
                              " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                                Really!?

Last edited by John2008; 01-22-2008, 01:58 PM.
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9237 users online. 437 members and 8800 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X