Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for eveything reils49. i just read the post, thanks for everything over there glad your back. i got a couple of buddies over there. thanks. you guys should hear that more often.
    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Relis49,
      welcome home and a big salute to you. Thank you for your service to this great country.
      sigpic
      IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
        This was posted by 1042 Trooper on the "General Law Enforcement Topics" forum.
        Here is the link: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...96#post1075096

Thought we all should know and say a big THANK YOU to Matt. I know Matt has posted here many times.

THANK YOU MATT ! ! !

"Meet a Real Hero

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If any of you guys or gals have been to my website, you may have seen Sergeant Matt Reilly, USMC, standing in front of a Hummer in Al Anbar Province in Iraq, holding two of my books.

I am very proud and honored and relieved to inform you that he is back, alive, with no more holes in him that when he left and is seeking LE employment as we speak.

He is also a member here; his user name is "reils49"

Please make him feel welcome here and join me in thanking him for his service.

'Semper Fi, Matt! Welcome Home!"
        Hey, Great post NYSP61.

Welcome back home Matt, and best of luck in your LE career.
        We really do appreciate your service to the country.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
          You guys are great
          No you are great reils49. It takes guts to defend this country. I appreciate your service!
          "Carpe Diem"

Comment

Last edited by formerFAM; 05-20-2008, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by formerFAM View Post
              Regarding age, I am turning 30 tomorrow, just got into the test this past Saturday under the wire. I had 4.5 years as a fed and I am graduating law school in May. Does anyone think my age will set me back?

Man, your old! LOL

Just kidding. Hey, I didn't start my processing 'til I hit my early 30's, so you should not have an age problem as long as you scored well.
              Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-23-2008, 10:55 AM.
              sigpic
              IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by ML75 View Post
                I'm waiting for that medical invite too. I'm thinking we will see medical invites in about 2 weeks (first week of February), but that's probably wishful thinking.
                I am waiting too. I am in Virginia right now and the just offered me an offer of appointment. I would really rather the NYSP but I cant wait forever. I just wish would knew how many people they wanted and when the academy would start to help me make a decision. ATrooper2b, if you don't mind me asking what is your list number.
                Last edited by trooperhopefull; 01-22-2008, 10:58 AM.
                NYSP............
                Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
                Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                  Man, your old! LOL

Just kidding. Hey, I didn't start my processing 'til I hit 32, so you should not have an age problem as long as you scored well.
                  I didn't start processing till I was 30 so I totally agree with ATrooper2b.
                  NYSP............

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
                  Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperhopefull View Post
                    I am waiting too. I am in Virginia right now and the just offered me an offer of appointment. I would really rather the NYSP but I cant wait forever. I just wish would knew how many people they wanted and when the academy would start to help me make a decision.
                    I'm going to change my expectation for medical invite notifications from the first week of Feb to the first week of March.

If it were me..I'd take the appointment I had in hand. You can always re-evaluate later if the NYSP offers you a slot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                      Man, your old! LOL

Just kidding. Hey, I didn't start my processing 'til I hit 32, so you should not have an age problem as long as you scored well.
                      I'm 32 also.. right there with ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by ML75 View Post
                        I'm going to change my expectation for medical invite notifications from the first week of Feb to the first week of March.

If it were me..I'd take the appointment I had in hand. You can always re-evaluate later if the NYSP offers you a slot.
                        I took the offer. The academy for Virginia doesn't start till June and I can defer it till December if I want to. It is bascially my back up to NYSP and the PSP if both of them fall through on me. I respect both state police programs equal and their pay and benefits are equally as good. The PSP starts in June and I am going to join the first state police agency that offers me appointment first.
                        NYSP............

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by formerFAM View Post
                          Regarding age, I am turning 30 tomorrow, just got into the test this past Saturday under the wire. I had 4.5 years as a fed and I am graduating law school in May. Does anyone think my age will set me back?
                          No, it won't hold you back.

Since you were eligible to take the test (not yet 30 on Dec 1, 2007), you won't "age" off the list. You can be hired off of this list anytime it's still an active list, no matter how old you are at the time.
                          Last edited by SlowDownThere; 01-22-2008, 12:07 PM.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• i guess im the youngest one on here...lol
                            " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
                              i guess im the youngest one on here...lol
                              naw, there's a couple of us youngn's on here, I'm 20 turning 21 on Jan 31st.
                              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                                naw, there's a couple of us youngn's on here, I'm 20 turning 21 on Jan 31st.
                                Haha yeah and I am only 21 myself so no worries.
                                "Carpe Diem"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8929 users online. 432 members and 8497 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X