Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info. That is the site I bought my book from so I'm not sure if it will help much but I'll try. Thanks.
    Last edited by OTVFD18; 01-20-2008, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenjaminNYSP View Post
      I am 20 years old I drank a few beers and stayed the night and slept for about 6-7 hours, is this still considered drinking and driving, as I dont know how long alcohol stays in my system, , excellent work history and no criminal record. PLEASE BE HONEST WITH ME, IS IT STILL WORTH IT TO TRY FOR THE NYSP, AND CAN YOU SAY WEATHER THE CHANCES ARE FOR ME OR AGAINST ME?
      Alcohol is metabolized at the rate of .015 of blood alcohol concentration (BAC) every hour but also may raise slightly after your last drink.

This basically means if you have .09% approximately 6 hours after you last drink all the alcohol should have left your system.

Drinking underage will not disqualify you from any agency including the NYSP, but FYI the SP doesn't hire to many people under the age of 25 and there is a good reason for this. There is 14 troopers at my station and I believe there is only one person under the age of 30 and he may be 30 by now. 8 of us were hired within the last 5 yrs too.

An easy remedy to any issues that may arise from alcohol involvement would be to cease consuming alcohol!
      Just an observation: It is hard for a 20yr old to have excellent work history...

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
        Alcohol is metabolized at the rate of .015 of blood alcohol concentration (BAC) every hour but also may raise slightly after your last drink.

This basically means if you have .09% approximately 6 hours after you last drink all the alcohol should have left your system.

Drinking underage will not disqualify you from any agency including the NYSP, but FYI the SP doesn't hire to many people under the age of 25 and there is a good reason for this. There is 14 troopers at my station and I believe there is only one person under the age of 30 and he may be 30 by now. 8 of us were hired within the last 5 yrs too.

An easy remedy to any issues that may arise from alcohol involvement would be to cease consuming alcohol!
        Just an observation: It is hard for a 20yr old to have excellent work history...

Do they really not take alot of young troopers? i m 21 and have an good work history and im not the type of guy that gets hammered every weekend. if any of you trooper could answer this?
        " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Spring Academy...

Any made guys have a clue as to how long before a class medical invites will be sent?

Who else on this board is processed and awaiting the next class?
          sigpic
          IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
            Any made guys have a clue as to how long before a class medical invites will be sent?

I'm waiting for that medical invite too. I'm thinking we will see medical invites in about 2 weeks (first week of February), but that's probably wishful thinking.

Comment

• Alcohol

Metabolizing alcoholic beverages depends on many factors, too many to post here.
              Blood Alcohol % is the first clue. The more blood the less percentage change per alcoholic beverage, ie weigh 150 lbs and drink a six pack of beer in an hour and you most likely will be impaired, 300 lbs maybe not.

The easiest way to know that you won't be impaired is the obvious; don't drink and drive AT ALL.

Question: Parking at Lincoln High in Yonkers for Sat Test is there any ?

OSKEE-WOW-WOW

Comment

• Deleted By User
                Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-23-2008, 10:56 AM.
                sigpic
                IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

I'm waiting and ready . Haven't heard anything yet though.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                    Do not be discouraged because of your age. It is not that being young is an automatic DQ it's just the average new Trooper is usually a little older than 21. This has to do with many reasons. One is the fact that the list last several years and the process takes a long time from start to finish. Just sitting on the list can add a few years. Another factor is that younger applicants may not have had enough time to distance themselves from youthful indiscretions. A lot of times people will have made mistakes in their past that may not DQ them permanently but agencies like to see some time go buy to ensure the fact that it was a youthful mistake and not an inherent character flaw. To say "I haven't done that since I was a teenager" doesn't sound as impressive from a 20 year old as it does a 27 year old. Between the phsyc and the background a lot of things will be looked at from maturity through work history. As posted earlier it is hard to have an excellent work history at 20. By the end of your process your BI will know more about you than your own mother. They'll know if your right for the State Police and if they can't find a reason not to hire you based on your background then they will not use your age as a reason not to hire you either. Good luck. I personally can't think of anything that could be better than to be able to retire at 41 other than maybe to retire w/ 30 at 51

Thanks NYIllini, i understand what your saying. i do have a clean backroundand have some extra things to hopefully help during the process.
                    that is my goal to be a young trooper but hopfully things work out and i have the opportunity to be a trooper no matter what age.
                    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Hi, I am finally able to post questions, and have had one weighing on my mind. I am taking the test on Jan. 26th, and have recently taken the NYS Park Police test, and the sheriffs test for my county (still awaiting the results of course). Hypothetically speaking, if I was to be called to process for one of the first classes off this test, would the troopers frown upon my being an officer with the county or the Park Police for a short period?

Comment

• Originally posted by kristyb315 View Post
                        would the troopers frown upon my being an officer with the county or the Park Police for a short period?
                        No!

There are plently of people in each class that finish one academy and go almost straight into the NYSP academy. I believe there were 3 recruits that went through the NYSPP academy in Albany and the following week after graduation they started the NYSP academy at the same location.

Oh, and Welcome to the O

Comment

• I'm proccessed and waiting as well. If anyone hears anything, please post the info.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you. hopefully 3rd times the charm.

Comment

• This was posted by 1042 Trooper on the "General Law Enforcement Topics" forum.
                              Here is the link: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...96#post1075096

Thought we all should know and say a big THANK YOU to Matt. I know Matt has posted here many times.

THANK YOU MATT ! ! !

"Meet a Real Hero

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If any of you guys or gals have been to my website, you may have seen Sergeant Matt Reilly, USMC, standing in front of a Hummer in Al Anbar Province in Iraq, holding two of my books.

I am very proud and honored and relieved to inform you that he is back, alive, with no more holes in him that when he left and is seeking LE employment as we speak.

He is also a member here; his user name is "reils49"

Please make him feel welcome here and join me in thanking him for his service.

'Semper Fi, Matt! Welcome Home!"
                              Last edited by NYSP61; 01-21-2008, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• You guys are great
                                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5493 users online. 288 members and 5205 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X