300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trooperhopefull View Post
    Hey John2008, I also took that PA test at John Jay College in New York City. I wish the test I took in 2004 for the NYSP was the same format as the test I took For the PSP in August of 2007 because I did awesome on the PSP test and I am almost fully processed for them already, unlike with the NYSP where I am in limbo with about another 100 friends of mine.
    Yup, I took that same test and I didn't score as well as I wanted to. I'm so used to getting 90's on civil service test and when I got my scored for them I was like =o wth happened, but hopefully I did well on the NYSP test.

did you or are you taking the NYSP test?
    if so expect to do really well since you did good on the PA state police test.
    and good luck to all.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
      did you or are you taking the NYSP test?
      if so expect to do really well since you did good on the PA state police test.
      and good luck to all.
      I can't retake the test because I am now over the age limit for NYSP. I misworded my post and have fixed it now. PSP the age limit is 40. When I went up for the last medical for the NYSP and was told that there was a possibility that their my not be enough room for all the left overs in the spring academy I went out and and took a bunch of LE test. I really wanted the NYSP over everybody else, even was a week away from entering the NYPD and told them no for the NYSP. I hope you and everbody else did good on the test and good luck with the rest of the process.

P.S. You beat me on the Suffolk Test.
      NYSP............
      Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
      Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperhopefull View Post
        I can't retake the test because I am now over the age limit for NYSP. I misworded my post and have fixed it now. PSP the age limit is 40. When I went up for the last medical for the NYSP and was told that there was a possibility that their my not be enough room for all the left overs in the spring academy I went out and and took a bunch of LE test. I really wanted the NYSP over everybody else, even was a week away from entering the NYPD and told them no for the NYSP. I hope you and everbody else did good on the test and good luck with the rest of the process.

P.S. You beat me on the Suffolk Test.
        Eh that suffolk test is a damn rip off, I got a 90 and more then likely I won't be hired or even called for processing but oh well, I'm starting the NYPD process in march and hopefully the academy in July until I get something better. Can't complain I'll get tons of exp out of the NYPD, today when I took my test there were 2NYPD officers taking the test along with me. They both told me the same thing I've heard many times they like the job they just hate the pay.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• For the test i just wore a T shirt and Jeans, they arent grading you on appearance at the test, but i know you have to dress up for the later parts of the testing.
          NYS Trooper - 76.67...gonna be waitin......
          NYPD - Exam # 8305...gonna be waitin......
          Westchester County PD- Taken - 90
          Onondaga County PD - Taken - 90
          Broome County Sheriff - Taken - 90, canvased, passed PAT, background packet submitted!!!
          Rockland County PD - Taken - 90

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid......." - Han Solo, Star Wars

"Just becuase its not illegal doesnt mean that its a good idea" - Random

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
            All kinds of people show up for testing, most just don't "get it" and will never pass a PFT to save their lives. For example about 20K will take the NYSP test out of all those testers about 4-6K will be actual competition.

Many people will drop out due to personal/professional reasons, some will think it's not for them, others will get different jobs or just move on to something else.

I think many sign up for NYSP (or any LE exam) because it sounds like a good idea, but when reality hits some will know LE is not for them. UOB
            When I took the PAT in June 06 there were about 40 guys that did the PAT in the same group as me. We did the sit-ups first and about 10 guys failed to do the 40 sit-ups. Then we did the pushups and 2 or 3 more failed. At the run only one guy failed. Some people don't realize how hard 40 sit-ups in one minute is. If you don't do them regularly then it doesn’t seem like it would be that hard. There were guys that looked over weight and guys that looked like they hit the gym every day. Most of the guys that failed the PAT were from those two groups.

Comment

• Deleted Post
              Last edited by OTVFD18; 01-20-2008, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtyduce View Post
                  When I took the PAT in June 06 there were about 40 guys that did the PAT in the same group as me. We did the sit-ups first and about 10 guys failed to do the 40 sit-ups. Then we did the pushups and 2 or 3 more failed. At the run only one guy failed. Some people don't realize how hard 40 sit-ups in one minute is. If you don't do them regularly then it doesn’t seem like it would be that hard. There were guys that looked over weight and guys that looked like they hit the gym every day. Most of the guys that failed the PAT were from those two groups.
                  I have a uncle in the NJSP and he has been working for there for over 20 years. He said when you go for your PT you dont want to be a fat or one of thoses guys that just lifts weights all day. The best way to prepare for the Academy is push-ups, sit-ups and run and run!!! Good luck to everyone.
                  " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• I am 20 years old and have never smoked or tried any drugs; never been in trouble with law and I am a good person. I have a question about drinking alcohol. I used to drink alcohol underage ( have not had anything in a year). I am parnoid about what is considered drinkng and driving. One time that I know for a fact that I drank and drove a car, although I only had three beers I know it is still breaking the law and after that night I decided to stop drinking for good. But then I started to think about times before that. One time I was at a friends house and I drank a few beers and stayed the night and slept for about 6-7 hours, is this still considered drinking and driving, as I dont know how long alcohol stays in my system, I can honestly say from my point of view weather I can and am able to drive, and both times I was able to drive, but does that really matter on how they look at it, and was it drinking and driving if I slept for 7 hours? There is also another time when I also had a few that I only stayed the night for about three hours, is this considered drinking and driving? As I said I have had nothing to drink for about a year now. I understood the mistake I made and that it was a very immature and stupid thing to do. I was just wondering how they will look at that as it only happened a year ago This is the only thing that I can see that can hurt me. I have good credit, excellent work history and no criminal record. PLEASE BE HONEST WITH ME, IS IT STILL WORTH IT TO TRY FOR THE NYSP, AND CAN YOU SAY WEATHER THE CHANCES ARE FOR ME OR AGAINST ME?

Comment

• Sorry about changing topic

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                        The practice exam from IO Solutions is the best thing to do. If you can find a practice book with similar questions as the IO Solutions practice exam, do those too just for additional practice questions.
                        Thanks GrayState. I did the practice exam from nytrooper.com and also one that I found that IO solutions had for sale. It was the made up of all the questions we took on the practice test during the tutorial, plus about 70 more. I did well on that, but I still would like to study more. I just can't find anything else to read or study.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                          Thanks GrayState. I did the practice exam from nytrooper.com and also one that I found that IO solutions had for sale. It was the made up of all the questions we took on the practice test during the tutorial, plus about 70 more. I did well on that, but I still would like to study more. I just can't find anything else to read or study.
                          Try to track this book down at your local library: http://www.amazon.com/Master-Police-...0860841&sr=8-1

It contains an I/O Solutions section, and practice exam with explanations on each question. It's very similar to those found on the NYSP practice exam (same people, duh).

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                            The practice exam from IO Solutions is the best thing to do. If you can find a practice book with similar questions as the IO Solutions practice exam, do those too just for additional practice questions.
                            I'm not sure how similar they are to the study guide posted on the NYSP site, but I/O Solutions does publish a couple of study guides for the NCJOSI.

Comment

• Originally posted by codese7en View Post
                              Try to track this book down at your local library: http://www.amazon.com/Master-Police-...0860841&sr=8-1

It contains an I/O Solutions section, and practice exam with explanations on each question. It's very similar to those found on the NYSP practice exam (same people, duh).
                              Thanks.

Originally posted by hxd View Post
                              I'm not sure how similar they are to the study guide posted on the NYSP site, but I/O Solutions does publish a couple of study guides for the NCJOSI.
                              Got one. I took the practice exam yesterday. It's much of the same material that's in the NYSP study guide as well as the tutorial.

Comment

• When i was in my tutorial class the officer gave us this web site. Ifpra.com. i just checked it out because i took a prep course else where and the site hase a practice test and a study guide.
                                " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9668 users online. 314 members and 9354 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X