Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
    So......

It's a little after 11:00am on Saturday January 19th. That means some people are already finished with the exam.

Any thoughts or comments on it?
    On my way there, I have mines at 1:30pm.
    good luck to all of those that already took the exam and that are taking it later on during the day.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I just got home from mine. The 42 questions were very easy. The personality section was also very easy, but not knowing how those questions are scored is a little different. Makes you feel like you don't know how you did! :-( lol
      "Excellence Through Knowledge"

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
        Good luck to everyone testing. It is a piece of cake. Pay attention to the amount of freaks taking the test and you will feel a lot better about your chances...

Hahaha... GP, you are correct. It is always very interesting when you get that many people in one room and look around.
        Last edited by NYSP61; 01-19-2008, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRidgway27 View Post
          I just got home from mine. The 42 questions were very easy. The personality section was also very easy, but not knowing how those questions are scored is a little different. Makes you feel like you don't know how you did! :-( lol

Yes, I feel the same way. Now its all about "hurry up and wait", the nature of LE processing.

Comment

• Best of luck to all those who took the exam today.

To those that took the exam already, did you wear a suit? On another forum LEO's suggested wearing a suit to take the written exam. How were people dressed for this exam?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
            New York State Police Exam - 02/09/2008
            New York Police Department Exam - 02/28/2008
            Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff Exam - 05/17/2008

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue34 View Post
              Best of luck to all those who took the exam today.

To those that took the exam already, did you wear a suit? On another forum LEO's suggested wearing a suit to take the written exam. How were people dressed for this exam?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

There is no dress code for this exam. I wouldn't suggest fleece/sweat pants, but there were many there in jeans. Wear what is comfortable and dress in layers in case it gets too hot.

Comment

• What a waste of money, why couldn't they just hire outside help instead of posting 100 trooper who earn from 50-100$/hr for this testing.

But I got a good feel of them. I like the way the trooper were interactive with the candidate and supportive in giving us there suggestions. As well I see a big difference in terms of NYPD and NY Trooper they're more physically fit!

Comment

• good luck to everyone, any thoughts on the ones that took it already?
                  " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• there is no waste of money. Bottom line... they hire a company to proctor the exam and pay $$$.... they take one trooper from each station that was scheduled to work anyway and they now get proctors for free.

Comment

• I don't really mean a company company, they could of ask local resident who would like to proctor the test for $20, just like GreenBay asking people to plow for 8$. haha, but it's all good. Good luck to everyone!!!

Comment

• guess u dont know how nys works

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                          Pay attention to the amount of freaks taking the test

I swear, each and every test I have taken, they always show up!!!! East coast-west coast, it doesnt matter. When I took the California Highway Patrol test in '06, the woman sitting in front of me was so fat she needed TWO chairs, one for each....err, cheek. No joke.
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekkier View Post
                            I don't really mean a company company, they could of ask local resident who would like to proctor the test for $20, just like GreenBay asking people to plow for 8$. haha, but it's all good. Good luck to everyone!!!
                            Yeah, maybe the test takers brother, so that he can help with the tough questions.

You know what they say, the family that cheats on an exam together......
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Wow, what an exam.. I was very surprised by the types of people that were there. It made me feel better about my chances :P

One guy got removed about 10 minutes into the test. I wonder if he tried cheating in a room full of troopers...

I was trying to see if I could spot SDT but there were more troopers with chevrons than I had expected to see, lol

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12851 users online. 477 members and 12374 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X