300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all,

I'm a long time reader, first time poster. Thanks to everyone who has been providing so much useful info here.

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend a tutorial and I was hoping someone could answer a question which I'm sure was answered during the tutorial: Is the second part of the exam (the character profile portion) graded and factored into the numerical score we receive or is it pass/fail? Also, does anyone have any advice for this section other than "answer truthfully and don't try to game the exam"?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Comment

• First off, welcome to the board!

Originally posted by sam501 View Post
      Is the second part of the exam (the character profile portion) graded and factored into the numerical score we receive or is it pass/fail?
      The short answer: Yes. It is graded and factored into the numerical score. However, because of the number of personality questions, it IS mathematically possible to fail the exam (passing is 70) based upon your personality answers alone.

Comment

• Hey gang,

I m new to this site. I have been reading for months now and all the info is great. To all the Troopers that are on here thanks for alot of useful info.

Quick question ,

I dont know if any of the Troopers herd anything about the class sizes for the up coming classes?

and how quick do they go through the list? Are the first classes that they take mixed with test scores (like 90's and 80's) or is it just the highest scores?

thanks
        " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• I am a childhood ed teacher, with a certification in math. Any practice exams i have taken for the state trooper exam are basic and to the point. The math is scattered across grades, and I think that "brushing up on math" is an impossible statement unless you intend to re-learn all math from grades 5-12. The state tests that I took in order to be a teacher do not even compare to the practice exams I have taken. The teacher exams are 88$ each, and there are 4. They are substantially harder. How do you study for reading comprehension? I took the practice exam at the tutorial and out of 35 questions, I got 1 wrong. I know that's not out of the 87 questions, but when you convert that score to the 87 scale, I receive an 84. I'm not worried about this exam. I'm gonna sleep good, and eat right in the morning.
          "Excellence Through Knowledge"

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
            Hey gang,

I m new to this site. I have been reading for months now and all the info is great. To all the Troopers that are on here thanks for alot of useful info.

Quick question ,

I dont know if any of the Troopers herd anything about the class sizes for the up coming classes?

and how quick do they go through the list? Are the first classes that they take mixed with test scores (like 90's and 80's) or is it just the highest scores?

thanks
            I'm going to HQ in a c0uple of weeks, and I'll ask around. It's for Academy-related matters, so I very well may hear something
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Thanks NYIllini, SlowDownThere
              " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Thanks NYI, SDT

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                  I'm going to HQ in a c0uple of weeks, and I'll ask around. It's for Academy-related matters, so I very well may hear something
                  SDT, what is the approx time gap for medical invites before an academy class?
                  sigpic
                  IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Same here... Good luck to all testing this weekend and on.

P.S. most of it is basic knowlege and the rest is keeping an eye on the clock. Oh, and don't **** off any of the Trooper/Proctors if you want to take and finish your test.
                    sigpic
                    IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Good luck this weekend guys! Just remember, its not that hard, just relax and do your best.
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                        Good luck this weekend guys! Just remember, its not that hard, just relax and do your best.

Second that

Comment

• Good luck everybody, I'll be there next weekend. This next month begins a long and stressful process. However, I can only hope that it will be a life changing experience for all of us.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone testing. It is a piece of cake. Pay attention to the amount of freaks taking the test and you will feel a lot better about your chances...

OTVFD - where are you testing, pm me if you don't want to post on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                              Good luck to everyone testing. It is a piece of cake. Pay attention to the amount of freaks taking the test and you will feel a lot better about your chances...

OTVFD - where are you testing, pm me if you don't want to post on here.
                              OCC on the 26th at 9:00.

Comment

• So......

It's a little after 11:00am on Saturday January 19th. That means some people are already finished with the exam.

Any thoughts or comments on it?
                                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6753 users online. 233 members and 6520 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X