300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
    The latest I hear is that it doesn't sound good for those hoping for large class sizes.
    I guess they're going to do small classes from this list at the beginning?
    All because of budget issues or something?

I've been studying for the test for two months, I guess on saturday I'll just go in there do my best and what ever happens, happens.

I guess I should start focusing on the NYPD and how I can get promoted in those 5yrs to sgt so I can make decent money of 116k + everything else.
    or start planning to move out west.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
      The latest I hear is that it doesn't sound good for those hoping for large class sizes.
      I would assume you are referring to the possible 'March' class. Did you hear that it would be less than 100?

Comment

• Anyone else scheduled for Feb. 9th in Manhattan at the 369th Armory? How terrible should I expect trying to find parking to be?

Comment

• codes7en what part of the process do u have on feb 9th .. what is scheduled for that day

Comment

• Originally posted by ML75 View Post
            I would assume you are referring to the possible 'March' class. Did you hear that it would be less than 100?
            This is in reference to BigWill's question about how large the classes will be after the '08 Exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by bighurt010 View Post
              codes7en what part of the process do u have on feb 9th .. what is scheduled for that day
              The written exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                I would change the location to Yonkers, better parking situation and the home of DMX...that is a bonus.
                Yonkers testing is on Feb. 2nd; that's a week less for me to study, dawgz!

PS. ARF ARF

Comment

• I have mine at the 369th armory aswell but its on jan 26th...i am taking the subway there.. i have a buddy that lives on 101st so i am just gonna spend the weekend at his place..

i gotta worry about gettin lost in ghetto harlem.. i am told its a tough area

Comment

• Exam

Either you know it, or you don't. There is no studying for this exam. Anyone agree?
                    "Excellence Through Knowledge"

Comment

• Originally posted by SRidgway27 View Post
                      Either you know it, or you don't. There is no studying for this exam. Anyone agree?
                      Not really, I've got a couple of books to brush up on my basic math and so on. and the rest for the reading compression. the more you see and do certain type of questions the better you get at them. but hey I can't tell you what to do.

Some people go in there to take the test and they don’t even know the format of the test or the types of questions.
                      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Bottom line... Practice makes perfect
                        sigpic
                        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by SRidgway27 View Post

I actually agree with this statement. Not that I disagree with what others are saying, its just simply not the same as studying for some other type of test as in highschool or college.

I agree with being familiar with the format and question type, but you can't study for it like most tests many of us are used to.

You can't really "study your butt off" because there is not really many knowledge based questions. Brush up on basic math, english and vocabulary skills, yes, but its not the same as studying.

If it was possible to truly study for this exam (like other exams in college) people would get 100s. The fact is, the they don't. The highest score on the
                          '04 exam was 93 (from what others on this forum have indicated).

All in all, with only two days left (for some of us), we should already have the confidence that we will do well. Its really about familiarizing yourself with the format of the test. That's all we can do.

This is based solely on my opinion, after taking a couple different LE exams, including the last NYSP exam in '04.

May we all score high and be called for further processing soon.

Comment

• Meh... after the practice exam, I can say that this isn't a "know it or you don't" type of exam. This exam measures ability, not knowledge. It measures reading comprehension, arithmetic, reasoning, and other skills. Like any other skill, these can be honed with practice.

When it comes down to MY career, MY livelihood, and MY life, "good enough" isn't an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
                              When it comes down to MY career, MY livelihood, and MY life, "good enough" isn't an option.
                              amen brother, can only do your best, but you can always make your best better.

anyone else taking the exam in binghamton on the 19th?
                              NYS Trooper - 76.67...gonna be waitin......
                              NYPD - Exam # 8305...gonna be waitin......
                              Westchester County PD- Taken - 90
                              Onondaga County PD - Taken - 90
                              Broome County Sheriff - Taken - 90, canvased, passed PAT, background packet submitted!!!
                              Rockland County PD - Taken - 90

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid......." - Han Solo, Star Wars

"Just becuase its not illegal doesnt mean that its a good idea" - Random

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
                                Meh... after the practice exam, I can say that this isn't a "know it or you don't" type of exam. This exam measures ability, not knowledge. It measures reading comprehension, arithmetic, reasoning, and other skills. Like any other skill, these can be honed with practice.

Agreed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6677 users online. 338 members and 6339 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X