300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYIllini
    You will have to have the permit before you leave the NYSP or otherwise you are supposed to hand them in with everything else the NYSP gave you.
    Unless you ask for, and get the Division-issued permit. It's given to everyone who asks, as long as they retire on good terms.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Whats going on guys im new to this site. Been in law enforcement for 3 years now but hopfully getting in the next trooper academy. I understand the class in their now graduates feb 20th. Does any trooper know when the next one will start and how long before u get notified before you report. I know on my job they only gave a few days notice.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Hopefully that means they will be hiring more Troopers.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
            Excerpt from the State of the State by the governor:

"We have measured the effect of our efforts, and early numbers give us reason for hope. The first 11 months of 2007 saw violent crimes decrease by 10 percent in the IMPACT cities. In Buffalo, for example, homicides were down over 30 percent with violent crime in Niagara Falls down 19 percent.

But this is just the start. Nothing makes a neighborhood feel safer than a cop on the corner. I have directed Acting State Police Superintendent Felton to identify 200 troopers who can be redeployed to those communities with the greatest pockets of violence. Upon the request of mayors and police chiefs, we will be there to help. We won’t supplant local law enforcement, but we’ll support it – standing together in the fight against crime."
            Where did you find this article? Are they referring to retirees for rehire?
            sigpic
            IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• GS, thanks for the info and link.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                  That is really good to know. Maybe I'll hold off on the $150 my county wants to take my finger prints and do a background that has already been done. Who knows maybe the price will drop between now and 2027.
                  I think my pistol permit was the same price. What a great state to be a handgun owner
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Finished my Troop G Tutorial in Loudonville tonight. I was very impressed with what I learned and it helped to do a practice test. What got me was the sense of professionalism he exhibited and he was extremely helpful. Definitely encourages me to want to be a trooper even more.
                    "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Did anyone else find the practice tests from the tutorial very easy? Is the real test going to have questions of the same difficulty/caliber? It just seems so much easier than the last police exam I took.

Also- NO MEMORY SECTION :-D Just in case your tutorial instructor didn't tell you

Comment

• Any on the job Troopers willing to answer a few questions for me regarding the next academy. I'm three years in the nypd in a housing crime unit. Passed my polygraph about a month ago and now waiting for this Feb. academy to graduate. Any idea on far of a notice until you get notified, im looking to take my vacations in Feb and March any suggestions or comments.. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by bighurt010 View Post
                          Any on the job Troopers willing to answer a few questions for me regarding the next academy. I'm three years in the nypd in a housing crime unit. Passed my polygraph about a month ago and now waiting for this Feb. academy to graduate. Any idea on far of a notice until you get notified, im looking to take my vacations in Feb and March any suggestions or comments.. Thanks
                          I think I got my package something like 11 days before the academy started.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Curious, what do the current troopers think about the trooper that recently got fired after rear-ending that woman who subsequently died while responding to a call?

Seems like the state is opening themselves up to a big civil lawsuit....we don't think he did anything wrong and he was cleared of any criminal wrongdoing...but we are going to fire him weeks later anyways (which gives the perception he in-fact did something wrong).

I ended up signing up for the Trooper test just to see what I will get...but I've gone through the whole RPD process and am just waiting to hear back in the next month or so...if I get in hopefully I'll meet some of you guys during one of the Operation Impact initatives. I wanna stay in the local Rochester area and from what I have told the Troopers here primarly do highway stuff...that doesn't really appeal to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllGoNoShow View Post
                              Curious, what do the current troopers think about the trooper that recently got fired after rear-ending that woman who subsequently died while responding to a call?

Seems like the state is opening themselves up to a big civil lawsuit....we don't think he did anything wrong and he was cleared of any criminal wrongdoing...but we are going to fire him weeks later anyways (which gives the perception he in-fact did something wrong).

I ended up signing up for the Trooper test just to see what I will get...but I've gone through the whole RPD process and am just waiting to hear back in the next month or so...if I get in hopefully I'll meet some of you guys during one of the Operation Impact initatives. I wanna stay in the local Rochester area and from what I have told the Troopers here primarly do highway stuff...that doesn't really appeal to me.
                              I read the article hear
                              http://blog.syracuse.com/news/2008/0...oper_invo.html and it sounds to me like he was fired because he was still on probation fresh out of the academy and was also traveling at an outrageous speed which is probably not considered a safe departmental tactic. You also have to remember that anytime a cop kills an innocent bystander, that cop is fired to appease the public too. Unfortunately an innocent person lost their life and a trooper lost a good job and has to live with his actions for the rest of his life. Either way it's a cop's worst nightmare.
                              sigpic

Comment

• the only problem I see is that he was going 127 and not 130. A cop called for help, and in some of these towns another car can be 20-30 minutes away.
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8993 users online. 420 members and 8573 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X