300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My rank is 21xx.
    Last edited by reils49; 08-19-2008, 07:06 PM.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Hi all,

Im relatively new to this forum. I have a question for the troopers out there. Is it a random process where they send you after the academy? For example do they send you typically to a highway station or to a station that answers calls and where do new troopers most likely go? Thanks
      "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by Troopster78 View Post
        I noticed you are applying for Chesterfield VA. I lived there for a while and it seemed like a nice place. The police were allowed to work security at restaurants and retail stores at night in uniform.
        They also get to take the cruiser home with them after their shift. They also pay for your hotel room when they call you back for testing which is nice. I have to do a ride along in a couple of weeks for them.
        NYSP............
        Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
        Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
          It must be more of a problem for us youngins. I've tried to carry a gun off duty and then I start to feel like I'm at work and then I start behaving like I'm at work... It doesn't help when everyone introduces you as so and so the trooper either. I'm working on it.
          i dont carry off duty, but i cant agree with you more on the intro thing. everyone introduces you as "he's a state trooper" all of the sudden you are looked at differently. i never got "he's a college student"

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
            +1

Seems like you have applied to most of the better agenices around. Have you tried the NJSP. The test yearly and the go through the process pretty quick although you have to go there in person for every stage.
            I did apply to the NJSP, also the NCHP and was called for further processing but declined them for now do to all the current depts I am currently processed with. I also was fully processed and about to receive an appointment with the NYPD but then I turned them down because I thought that I was going to receive an appointment with the NYSP last summer and then I went up to the medicial in June and found out about all of the left overs their were.
            NYSP............
            Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
            Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• In our lovely state, are troopers required to have a Pistol Permit to own handguns other than their issued weapon? I've always wondered that. And you guys carry Glock 37's now right?
              Last edited by reils49; 08-19-2008, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• What was the glock that troopers carried previously?
                  Last edited by Light_Guardian; 01-06-2008, 05:24 PM.
                  "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
                    Hi all,

Im relatively new to this forum. I have a question for the troopers out there. Is it a random process where they send you after the academy? For example do they send you typically to a highway station or to a station that answers calls and where do new troopers most likely go? Thanks
                    It's just like the military... you can tell them where you would like to go but in the end... you go where Division needs bodies.

Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
                    What was the glock that troopers carried previously?
                    The exceptionally worthless Glock 17... well glock's design is excellent... the round it fires is the problem.
                    Last edited by Trooper4985; 01-06-2008, 05:54 PM.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Yeah, Im not a huge fan of carrying a 9mm either. I think the .45 is a far superior round.

Comment

• out here in vegas you can pick whatever gun you want as long as it is a 9mm, 40, or 45. i carry the glock 21 a 45 caliber only because they dont make a 46. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimlv View Post
                          out here in vegas you can pick whatever gun you want as long as it is a 9mm, 40, or 45. i carry the glock 21 a 45 caliber only because they dont make a 46. lol.
                          I'm thinking about applying for LVMPD some time this year since I finally turn 21.
                          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• So, am i to understand that all classes that go though the academy from now on will be trained on the glock 37 and not the Glock 17?
                            NYS Trooper - 76.67...gonna be waitin......
                            NYPD - Exam # 8305...gonna be waitin......
                            Westchester County PD- Taken - 90
                            Onondaga County PD - Taken - 90
                            Broome County Sheriff - Taken - 90, canvased, passed PAT, background packet submitted!!!
                            Rockland County PD - Taken - 90

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid......." - Han Solo, Star Wars

"Just becuase its not illegal doesnt mean that its a good idea" - Random

Comment

• I just got back from the tutorial in E troop tonight. If you any of you have not signed up for one yet, I highly recommend it. The practice test is very valuable as is the Q/A time with the troopers.

My tutorial was instructed by Trooper Kotin and he was fantastic- very knowledgeable, informative, and funny. Seemed like a great guy to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5K Runner View Post
                                I just got back from the tutorial in E troop tonight. If you any of you have not signed up for one yet, I highly recommend it. The practice test is very valuable as is the Q/A time with the troopers.

My tutorial was instructed by Trooper Kotin and he was fantastic- very knowledgeable, informative, and funny. Seemed like a great guy to know.
                                I'm teaching some of the tutorials myself. After each one, I have asked the class if they found it worthwhile, and everyone has said yes.

I'm glad you did too.
                                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9704 users online. 311 members and 9393 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X