X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartans761
    replied
    Not sure how many
    Last edited by Spartans761; 03-12-2019, 06:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy_V
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartans761 View Post
    I'm heading up this weekend for the PT test. Looking forward to it I've been training hard. The packet says the next class will either be Summer of 19 or Winter of 20. Big difference in time there. Does anyone know when the summer class would start? June, August?
    How many showed up?

Leave a comment:

• Abram0710
    replied
    Anyone from Western CT going up this weekend?

Leave a comment:

• MoveinSilence
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, that is what i figured it was. I was just looking for some clarification. Thank you for the help, much appreciated.

• NYCopper
    commented on 's reply
    If I remember correctly what your referring to is the written psych test. You can’t study for it. It’s questions like how happy are you, how sad are you, etc. Only advice is be consistent. Trying to game the system will result in you failing it. If you crazy - you crazy. Just embrace it.

• MoveinSilence
    replied
    The psych test on Sunday, can anyone give any information on what it is about? Any examples or anything from anyone that has been through it?

Leave a comment:

• NYCopper
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartans761 View Post
    I'm heading up this weekend for the PT test. Looking forward to it I've been training hard. The packet says the next class will either be Summer of 19 or Winter of 20. Big difference in time there. Does anyone know when the summer class would start? June, August?
    They usually only have a 2-3 week break between classes. But I believe the reason your hearing such a wide range is because the NYS budget has yet to be passed. And we have a huge deficit last I checked - so don’t quit your job just yet. The democrats would rather fund free college education than your academy class.

Leave a comment:

• Spartans761
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cand-idate13
    replied
    To any currents or those with more knowledge than myself,
    I took the 2017 exam scored well and was put through every step of processing. After medical, I received a dq letter stating my "current application may not be accepted at this time". Now, my question...Does anybody know whether that is a reference to the entire process and I will be eligible to take the next exam, or is there the potential to be included in the next processing round for the summer academy?
    Any guidence is appreciated. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Dlec241125
    replied
    Anyone have any info on when medical invites will possibly be sent out for possible July academy?

Leave a comment:

• Upstate13
    replied
    Does anyone know approximate start date for next academy? I heard this academy graduates July 24th. Not sure if they put another academy in right away or if they wait a few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• ES_troop21
    commented on 's reply
    They just called up to rank 6100 in for a processing weekend so I’m not sure when they would reach ranks 9***

• jaguarshark
    commented on 's reply
    Just defer then. Enjoy your NYPD career.
    Last edited by jaguarshark; 02-26-2019, 08:31 PM.

• cjdgalis23
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the input guys, yea troopers make more out the gate but i seen some of the top pay guys checks and with little to no ot made well over $120k, as far as the quality of life it is what you make of it i seen since i been on, but the opportunities to move up just by taking a test and get a chance to go to over 200 units are unmatched by any other agency that i seen

• cruz21105
    commented on 's reply
    My father retired from NYPD and if a PD cop had the chance to move to another agency they did not think twice about it. He knew a LT that made the jump to another department...in the long run his paycheck was going to be better than NYPD. The work load is also different. When was the last time you saw a squad of Trooper standing a foot post on Dec 31 at 42 street ?!?!?!? I would deferred NYPD and go with NYS Trooper.
    Just my 2 cents...………...Good luck.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9940 users online. 384 members and 9556 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X