Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• SDT, Trooper4985 and GrayState,

Once again, thank you for the terrific insight on the recent posts!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
        That's the shift they are working.

A tours are 11pm to 7am. If you are working an A tour on Monday, you show up at 11pm on Sunday night.
        B tours are 7a, to 3pm.
        C tours are 3pm to 11pm.

All times are general starting times, that can change a few hours either way. And no, it's not up to the Trooper to change them, but the sergeant.

Most Troopers don't actually work those 8 hours shifts, however (Sgt's still do). Most Troopers are 12 hours Troopers that work either 1's, 2's or flex shifts.

1 shift 7am-7pm
        2 shift 7pm-7am
        flex shift noon to midnight (again, generally)

There are some 8 hour Troopers, however, but most are 12 hour Troops. It depends on the job they have, not what schedule they prefer.
        So your saying most trooper tours are 8 hours but generally get mandatory OT?

If i'm understanding correctly, sounds like a pretty good deal.
        sigpic
        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Troopers in trouble???

Anyone know anything about 6 Troopers being suspended pending investigation for a gang rape? I was wondering what state this is or if just a rumor. Heard limited info about this from guys at work.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post

As SDT said, most troopers work 12 hour shifts. Some, work 8 hour shifts depending on their job (Sgt., etc.).

No mandatory OT that I am aware of, but I'll let SDT or other troopers speak to that.

Take a look at www.nytrooper.com for the schedule.

Comment

Anyone know anything about 6 Troopers being suspended pending investigation for a gang rape? I was wondering what state this is or if just a rumor. Heard limited info about this from guys at work.
              The supposed incident happened in NJ.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/New.Jerse....2.607887.html

Comment

• Thank you to Up On Base and SlowDownThere for your answers
                "The ultimate test of a man's conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard."

Hilarious:

"I read your first line, and came to the conclusion that you're an idiot."

-StudChris

Comment

• Are Troopers afforded the opportunity to take college classes part time? How do they work that out with the changing time schedule?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                    In some cases there can be mandatory OT.

To simplify how OT works: they keep a list of voluntary OT.
                    The voluntary list starts with the most senior and goes to the most JR. They will offer the OT first to everyone who is eligible on the voluntary list. If nobody takes it they will order in a someone, most likely the most JR Trooper available.
                    Sounds correct, but I can't imagine anyone [I]not[I] taking OT at the $ rate they must get!

I would love the chance to work some OT. Need money for some toys! Or, bills if you ask my wife

Comment

• Originally posted by VZMan View Post
                      The supposed incident happened in NJ.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/New.Jerse....2.607887.html

Thanx for the link VZ.
                      sigpic

Comment

As stated, most Toopers work 12 hours. This is the normal schedule for road patrol Troopers everywher in the state.

The 8 hour Troopers work some detail or assignement, such as Communications, Commercial Vehicle Enforcement, Troop Traffic Section, and virtually every one at HQ and Academy.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                          Sounds correct, but I can't imagine anyone [I]not[I] taking OT at the $ rate they must get!

I would love the chance to work some OT. Need money for some toys! Or, bills if you ask my wife
                          Oh people do turn it down. We have to use the mandatory list a few times each quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
                            Are Troopers afforded the opportunity to take college classes part time? How do they work that out with the changing time schedule?
                            Frankly, it will be difficult. The Station Commander has some flexibility in writing the schedule, but not total flexiblity. If he likes you, he may work with you, but frankly, it will be difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                              Oh people do turn it down. We have to use the mandatory list a few times each quarter.

Thank you SDT for the clarification. Interesting fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                                No. What STD was saying is that most Troopers work a 12 hour shift unless they have a special assignment. Those Troopers with a special assignment will work an 8 hour shift (again not the ave Trooper). The best way to look at the average trooper's work week is to look at it from a two week perspective. The first week you will work Mon, Tues, have Wed and Thu off and then work Fri, Sat, and Sun. Then the second week you will have Mon and Tue off then work Wed and Thu, then have off Fri, Sat, and Sun. To simplify even further the first week you only have off Wed and Thu and the next week those are the only two days you'll work. Then it just keeps rotating. In two weeks you will actually work 84 hrs instead of 80. Anything above that is typically OT.
                                This is a great description of the work schedule, but it's SDT, not STD.

Perhaps you have something else on your mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8197 users online. 381 members and 7816 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X