• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
    27,950 signed up to take the test.
    Thank you SDT for the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
      SDT,

Are you able (given your position) to elaborate as to why you agree?

I can imagine one reason would be the increase in paperwork as you climb the supervisory ladder, but some other reasons would be interesting to hear.

Thank you.
      You'll see!
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
        Straight from our now expired contract (Come on big retro check )

"Upstate" at 5 years - $74566
        Orange/Putnam/Dutchess at 5 years - $74741
        NYC/Rockland/Westchester at 5 years - $75678
        LI at 5 years - $75923

The little bit extra they give you for working downstate does nothing to make up for the cost of living. What does a 2700 sq ft house on 5 acres cost on LI? What does the same house cost 'upstate'? I have heard Troop L guys saying it's hard to make ends meet sometimes when the OT dries up... I will admit I had a lot of fun working at Highland but cost of living made the decision to come back up here very easy.
        When did this contract expire and what are the new salaries going to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeywUSCG View Post
          When did this contract expire and what are the new salaries going to be?
          1) That contract expired March 31, 2007.

2) Your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
            It was already stated that you don't have to be a resident of NY until you start the academy. I moved to NY two months before the academy started. Before that I was using my out-of-state address for all of the processing. Then I moved in with relatives. I think this is pretty normal esp for military.
            Well, I was referring to using a relative's NYS address after already being appointed to the academy, but SDT already answered that for me.

Thanks for the DL info, I'll look into it.
            Last edited by codese7en; 12-04-2007, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Anybody know how many people left in the academy as of this week? According to FUCCO, it was ab. 147 or so last week.

Comment

• About how many folks drop out of each class?

Comment

• Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
                  Anybody know how many people left in the academy as of this week? According to FUCCO, it was ab. 147 or so last week.
                  As of Dec 2, there were 144 recruits in the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
                    About how many folks drop out of each class?
                    Hard to say exactly, probably 10% or so.

Some drop out, some fail out, 10-15%

Comment

• What do they fail for, academics mostly or physical stuff?
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                        What do they fail for, academics mostly or physical stuff?
                        One thing and one thing only... lack of heart. I DESPISE running and I'm not a college graduate (although I never wasted saturday studying and was always 1 of the first 5 done every with tests and managed a 90 average) but I made it... because I wanted to wear a purple tie instead of a black tie. There were recruits in my class that wouldn't have made it though AF basic that made it out on the road. Prior miliary guys have a leg up on every one else. One "Marine" (got called out on some of his Iraq .50 sniper stories by a known Marine ATO) in my class eventually got fired for insurance fraud and false reporting for torching his car that he couldn't afford and reporting it stolen. Once that manilla envelope that doesn't fit in your mailbox arrives... the only reason you wont put the uniform on 6 months later is because you lack heart.
                        Last edited by Trooper4985; 12-07-2007, 10:44 AM.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                          One thing and one thing only... lack of heart. I DESPISE running and I'm not a college graduate (although I never wasted saturday studying and was always 1 of the first 5 done every with tests and managed a 90 average) but I made it... because I wanted to wear a purple tie instead of a black tie. There were recruits in my class that wouldn't have made it though AF basic that made it out on the road. Prior miliary guys have a leg up on every one else. One "Marine" (got called out on some of his Iraq .50 sniper stories by a known Marine ATO) in my class eventually got fired for insurance fraud and false reporting for torching his car that he couldn't afford and reporting it stolen. Once that manilla envelope that doesn't fit in your mailbox arrives... the only reason you wont put the uniform on 6 months later is because you lack heart.
                          Very well explained 4985.

"... because I wanted to wear a purple tie instead of a black tie."

That is what its all about. There is definitely something that draws me to the gray and purple.

Nicely put.

Thanks for the inspiring post.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post

"... because I wanted to wear a purple tie instead of a black tie."

Thanks for the inspiring post.
                            Ditto

Comment

• What is the academy session number right now? Or more specifically, if they indeed start an academy fall of 2008, what session number would that be?

Thanks!

Comment

• I want to wear the hat. Or do you guys call it a cover? And, Im glad the ATO called the loudmouth out on his war stories, anyone who has "been there and done that" doesnt talk about it.
                                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6367 users online. 223 members and 6144 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X