Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recieved the letter last week around 2/27. My Bi doesent even have an idea why i was dqed he gave me a phone number to request that information.
    Thanks
    Rick

Comment

• Also, I am about to turn 25 this month so if allowed i believe i will still be young enough to take one more test.

Comment

• i also got dq'ed last week. I contacted my BI and he told me that most everyone who attempts to appeal are unsuccessful. I'm only 23 but during my background investigation I was told by my BI to put off any other job offers because he really thought I was going to get the job. My BI was as surprised as I was. He had no idea why I was denied and even went as far to tell me that my background was one of the best he has seen. I guess the only good thing is that I hear the test will be offered again in 2007, and the process the second time around is not as harsh.

Comment

• Thats rough, sorry to hear about the dq GP.

Originally posted by golfpro
          i also got dq'ed last week. I contacted my BI and he told me that most everyone who attempts to appeal are unsuccessful. I'm only 23 but during my background investigation I was told by my BI to put off any other job offers because he really thought I was going to get the job. My BI was as surprised as I was. He had no idea why I was denied and even went as far to tell me that my background was one of the best he has seen. I guess the only good thing is that I hear the test will be offered again in 2007, and the process the second time around is not as harsh.

Comment

• Sorry about the disqualifications, at least you can both take the test again. Be sure to take the NY Civil Service test that is usually given every December too.

Someone on another forum got their medical invite today. The rest of us still waiting should get something soon.

Comment

• Medical is April 8th, invites were mailed out on Friday

yeah I'll be waiting for the mailman on monday/tuesday.

Comment

• Wishiknew............Ditto.

Originally posted by WishIKnew
                yeah I'll be waiting for the mailman on monday/tuesday.

Comment

• To any of you guys who have received the DQ letters

Do any of you have tattoo's (neck, arm below the elbow....)? I ask because I have heard that a few have been disqual due to having visible tattoo's. The NYSP has adopted the policy below:

To qualify as a trooper with the New York State Police you:

Must comply with New York State Police policy which requires all members to present a neat and professional appearance at all times. Tattoos, brands, body piercings and other body art shall not be visible while a member is in uniform or other business attire. The uniform includes a short sleeve shirt open at the front of the neck. In addition to visibility, some tattoos or brands may have symbolic meanings that are inconsistent with the values of the New York State Police.

If this is the case then one has the option of removing their tats before any future processing.

Comment

• Yay, I got my invitation to the medical exam!

Have to be there bright and early on Saturday, April 8th at 7:30 A.M., so I

Comment

• Rgratton,

Wow, you guys get the mail early in your part of town. Congrats man.
                      As for me, i wont be able to check the mail until later on this evening

Comment

• Never got my mail that early!!!!! I get mine at 6:00 PM. You guys got my heart beating faster then it should.
                        Last edited by mike the marine; 03-13-2006, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike the marine
                          Never got my mail that early!!!!! I get mine at 6:00 PM. You guys got my heart beating faster then it should.
                          Good luck guys. I remember how it felt, the anticipation.

While I no longer get queasy walking through the academy, I DO remember it as being - not so much hard - as a pain in the posterior. I couldn't wait to get out and start living again.

And then the next 20 years can fly right by. Believe me.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I bet recruits usually can't wait till fridays and dread heading back on sundays

Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                            Good luck guys. I remember how it felt, the anticipation.

While I no longer get queasy walking through the academy, I DO remember it as being - not so much hard - as a pain in the posterior. I couldn't wait to get out and start living again.

And then the next 20 years can fly right by. Believe me.

Comment

• Next stop medical!

I got my letter as well today. Now just to keep with the sit-ups and push-ups and see if I can lose a couple more lbs. Also I can't forget running and any other body weight exercise I can think of.
                              When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Congrats Ranter64.

I heard about some of the things they make you do if you mess up at all while you aren

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8813 users online. 360 members and 8453 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X