Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else registered for the tutorial in the Troop E area?

Comment

• Originally posted by 5K Runner View Post
      Anyone else registered for the tutorial in the Troop E area?
      Yes, 12-20 at Canandaigua.

Comment

• I see some of you talking about an academy class in the Fall of '08. I'm curious how you found out about that information? I get out of the Marine Corps this coming year, and that will be the first class I could be eligible for (I took the Military only troopers exam in March of '06 and I'm deferred.) I talked to the recruiter in Albany, and he says they dont have a tenative academy scheduled for 2008.... soooo Im just wondering?
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
          I see some of you talking about an academy class in the Fall of '08. I'm curious how you found out about that information? I get out of the Marine Corps this coming year, and that will be the first class I could be eligible for (I took the Military only troopers exam in March of '06 and I'm deferred.) I talked to the recruiter in Albany, and he says they dont have a tenative academy scheduled for 2008.... soooo Im just wondering?
          I (along with about 100 of my close friends) had to re-take my written psych since the ones we had previously taken had expired. In that testing session it was mentioned that we needed to re-take this test to remain eligible for the March 2008 class.

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they have stopped processing any applicants from the 2004 test (which you are included in), regardless of deferment status. At this point they would not be able to have you processed before the new list was established. Hopefully you have already applied for the 2008 test.
          Last edited by ML75; 12-03-2007, 12:51 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I see some of you talking about an academy class in the Fall of '08. I'm curious how you found out about that information? I get out of the Marine Corps this coming year, and that will be the first class I could be eligible for (I took the Military only troopers exam in March of '06 and I'm deferred.) I talked to the recruiter in Albany, and he says they dont have a tenative academy scheduled for 2008.... soooo Im just wondering?
            Another example of conflicting information, depending on who you talk to.
            I am not suggesting the recruiter in Albany is incorrect, however this information is directly from the website:

"Depending on the number of vacancies that are authorized to be filled, the first Academy class from the new list is projected to be appointed in the Fall of 2008. The first phase of the selection process for that class will be conducted during the summer of 2008."

http://www.nytrooper.com/faq.cfm

Again, not saying he is wrong, but I am surprised they would list this information on a website "for the world to see", if it was not accurate.

Maybe some troopers can comment on this conflicting information.

Comment

• SDT, GrayPatriot, GrayState, FUCCO, Trooper4985, and other troopers :

When the information becomes available to you, please post the final count of those that signed up for the exam.

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                Yes, 12-20 at Canandaigua.
                Yes, and today's is cancelled due to weather. I learned this after I came in on my day off to participate in it.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

I talked to the recruiter in Albany, and he says they dont have a tenative academy scheduled for 2008.... soooo Im just wondering?
                  This isn't necessarily contraditory information.

While a fall 2008 class is not yet scheduled, there will probably be one.
                  Generally, there is a spring class and a fall class every year.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Ques. for made men...

Anyone know how long it usually takes for Albany to finalize your paperwork from your BI? My BI said he sent my paperwok to Albany about a month ago and I called Albany to try and get a tentative date for med invites and when the next class should be and they told me my BI paperwork was received according to the computer but has not finalized yet. Is it common for finalization to take this long? or Does it mean they have a problem with something in the BI?

Thanks
                      sigpic
                      IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Anybody have any information on any Tutorials for the L Troop Area? If so, please let me know. Thank you.

[QUOTE=ATrooper2b;1025044]Anyone know how long it usually takes for Albany to finalize your paperwork from your BI? My BI said he sent my paperwok to Albany about a month ago and I called Albany to try and get a tentative date for med invites and when the next class should be and they told me my BI paperwork was received according to the computer but has not finalized yet.

As for ATrooper2B, I know exactly what you're thinking. I'm going through the same thing. All you want is to have the doors open so you can lunge right in there lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                          This isn't necessarily contraditory information.

While a fall 2008 class is not yet scheduled, there will probably be one.
                          Generally, there is a spring class and a fall class every year.
                          SDT, thanks for the help.

As for signing up for the 2008 tests, I havent. I have been in contact with the NYSP Military Recruiter, and he assures me that the deferments granted to active duty military members <<note: not college or any other deferments>> are good for either 2 years past your End of Active Service Date -or- 2 years after your test list expires, whichever comes first. He also went on to say, that when my test expires and I request my deferment be lifted, I will be senior in number to those on the new list regardless of their rank.... because my number has already been called on the previous list and I deffered due to my military duty obligation.

I was told that this change in policy occured at the same time that "military only" exams were implemented, some time after 9/11 I suppose. Thats what Im being told from Albany. Who knows...
                          Last edited by reils49; 12-03-2007, 09:54 PM.
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• What is the rank structure within the NYSP, from Trooper on up?

Thank you Troopers.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                                Troopers may be at the bottom, but it's the best job of the whole rank structure

Here is how it goes:

Superintendent, First Deputy Superintendent, Colonel/Deputy Superintendent, Lieutenant-Colonel/Assistant Deputy Superintendent, Staff Inspector, Major, Captain, Lieutenant and Tech Lieutenant, First Sergeant and Senior Investigator and Chief Tech Sergeant and Staff Sergeant, Zone Sergeant, Station Commander Sergeant, Sergeant and Investigator and Technical Sergeant, Corporal (no longer used), Trooper.

rank within a rank is determined by time in rank if that makes sense (simply put, seniority)
                                Thanks for asking the question NYSP61 and thanks for the answer graystate. I've always wanted to know that.
                                Last edited by OTVFD18; 12-04-2007, 06:34 AM. Reason: Becuase Hooked-on-Phonics did not work for me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8105 users online. 343 members and 7762 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X