Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is my first post on this forum so I will make this a good one. I have been reading this forum everyday for about the last 7 or 8 months and I'd like to say that people like SlowDownThere (SDT) and Trooper4985 and even Fucco provide such valuable and considerate information. Its because of you guys that I decided to finally join the forum so I can bother the hell out of you guys as well with all the questions I may have lol. Anyway, I'm here, so get used to me. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
      ... and even Fucco

and even FUCCO

Ha Ha ha!
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          and even FUCCO

Ha Ha ha!

lol.. FUCCO is the man too. I believe I failed to mention others like GrayPatriot and GrayState who have a great amount of input as well.

Anyway, SDT... I have a ? for you, if you don't mind. I took the test in 2004, was called in for the P.A.T. this last May or so. I went through the entire process (Processing, Poly, etc). My BI finalized my file and has just sent all the info up to Albany about a month ago or so. He said everything looks good. Don't worry.. I'm Still getting to the question. lol. I know there should be a class going in Late Feburary or Early March of 2008 and another one most likely in October 2008.
          Now... Due to this new exam coming up in Early 2008... would there be a chance that if I don't make this class in February/ April 2008, that the people who took the new test in early 2008 would be picked over the one's previosuly waiting to get on such as myself? Its a bit confusing to me, only because I heard that the old list is at its end and also because the new test is so close, that it could ruin my chances of getting on due to the new-list-comers.

If you can answer that bar exam question, thanks a lot

Comment

• If there is a late winter/early spring exam, it will come off of the existing list, established from the 2004 exam. There is simply not enough time to establish a new list from the 2008 exam before March.

The class after that (fall of 2008) would likely come from the 2008 exam.

Did I answer your question?

Comment

lol.. FUCCO is the man too. I believe I failed to mention others like GrayPatriot and GrayState who have a great amount of input as well.

Anyway, SDT... I have a ? for you, if you don't mind. I took the test in 2004, was called in for the P.A.T. this last May or so. I went through the entire process (Processing, Poly, etc). My BI finalized my file and has just sent all the info up to Albany about a month ago or so. He said everything looks good. Don't worry.. I'm Still getting to the question. lol. I know there should be a class going in Late Feburary or Early March of 2008 and another one most likely in October 2008.
              Now... Due to this new exam coming up in Early 2008... would there be a chance that if I don't make this class in February/ April 2008, that the people who took the new test in early 2008 would be picked over the one's previosuly waiting to get on such as myself? Its a bit confusing to me, only because I heard that the old list is at its end and also because the new test is so close, that it could ruin my chances of getting on due to the new-list-comers.

If you can answer that bar exam question, thanks a lot
              Did you sign up for the new test just in case?
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                Did you sign up for the new test just in case?
                You have only until midnight tonight to do so.

www.nytrooper.com

Comment

• 147 left in the academy as of friday when i left. They had a major test and abunch failed it. They will have to do a make up monday and if they fail they are gone. It is a pretty safe bet that the number will fall by monday afternoon. ps it was their 15th week.

Comment

If there is a late winter/early spring exam, it will come off of the existing list, established from the 2004 exam. There is simply not enough time to establish a new list from the 2008 exam before March.

The class after that (fall of 2008) would likely come from the 2008 exam.

Did I answer your question?

Yes, SDT, Unfortunately you have lol. Now I guess all I can do is hope I get on this Early Spring 08' class. I did sign up for the exam again, just in case my chance to get on falls through the cracks. I'm scheduled to take the 08' test on February 9, 2008.
                    You know, I would be so upset if I went through that entire investigation (PAT, Processing, Interviews, Poly, etc) and nothing came of it due to the new exam.
                    Only reason I'm saying this is because I feel that I would be a very good candidate and I have already been through the entire process.
                    Any other input on this??

Also, you know what?

What's a little strange is that my BI actually told me that he doesn't think I would get on this feb/mar 08' class because there were a lot of people waiting to get on from the last class that was put in in August '07. So what he said was that I would probably get on October '08 (Late Fall of 2008) but he wasn't sure if I would be skipped because of the new test.
                    Ahhhhhhh! Pat me on my back and tell me its gonna be ok.

Comment

What's a little strange is that my BI actually told me that he doesn't think I would get on this feb/mar 08' class because there were a lot of people waiting to get on from the last class that was put in in August '07. So what he said was that I would probably get on October '08 (Late Fall of 2008) but he wasn't sure if I would be skipped because of the new test.
                      Ahhhhhhh! Pat me on my back and tell me its gonna be ok.

It's very labor intensive to do a BI, and we don't do them on people we don't plan on hiring.

Comment

It's very labor intensive to do a BI, and we don't do them on people we don't plan on hiring.

In that case, you just made me feel a little better lol.

Another quick question....
                        What's the quickest a Trooper was able to be appointed to a Criminal Investigator that you know of?

On the website it states that you can become/be appointed a Criminal Investigator if you have completed 4 years of service or if you have 2 years of service with a Bachelors degree. That job seems awesome as well.

On another note, thanks for your input SDT. You're good people.

Comment

• I also forgot to post that I can't believe 13 people didn't make it through the academy so far! I bet we can find 13 people on here that would give an organ to get on.

Comment

I also forgot to post that I can't believe 13 people didn't make it through the academy so far! I bet we can find 13 people on here that would give an organ to get on.
                            If you make it to the academy you will see many people who will either quit or fail a test... not everyone that took the CS test has a life goal of becoming a Trooper... one of the first people to quit from my class took the in your face yelling personally and quit because he didn't feel that he was being treated nicely. Another waste of a seat in the main lecture hall finally was suspected of cheating and made to take test #3 in a room with just him and an ATO... he went home the next week... throwing a tantrum while he put his stuff in the shopping cart. Then he came back 2 classes later and did it again... only this time they set him up and watched him cheat so they fired him instead of making him resign.

It's all about heart and desire... some have it some don't.
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post

It's all about heart and desire... some have it some don't.

You are so right about that, some people don't realize a good thing even if it hits them in the mouth. Its interesting to hear stories like that.

Comment

• Well, the NYSP got my 20 bucks at the buzzer. I figure if I'm willing to give the NYPD a go, why not this fine department?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9297 users online. 380 members and 8917 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X