Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see the funny bug is spreading on O.Com

Originally posted by SlowDownThere
    And wear clean underwear. You never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Troophopeful
      I see the funny bug is spreading on O.Com
      Funny? Me? Whattaya mean?
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere
        Funny? Me? Whattaya mean?
        Must be your avatar... instantly makes everything funny

Comment

• RGRATTON,

You hit the bullseye (couldnt have said it better myself).

Originally posted by RGratton
          Must be your avatar... instantly makes everything funny

Comment

• I agree

It's all about determination and if you want it bad enough, you'll make it. A couple friends of mine are Troopers, and they loved the academy. They said there is always a select few who don't make it, either have seperation anxiety, or authority issues, and just don't want it bad enough and get DQ'd or quit. Your right, everyone here has been around a while, and the determination factor is definately there...

Not all prior military had it tough in the military.. Can't compare a Yomen to Grunt, or a combat vet to a finance clerk. So your right, in this case, I can see a prior military candidate getting booted or giving up if they can't handle the training stress. Do a couple tours in Iraq with a marine infantry unit and then we can talk about the meaning of a bad and stress filled day....

[QUOTE=wannabeenytrp]
            Originally posted by 2xvet
            Well thanks for the advise.
            QUOTE]

The best advice! It is advice...

The first 2 to quit from my session were prior military and prior LE. I am sure they had endured a lot in their past too

Having said that, I am sure everyone on these boards will do fine. Most have been on here for a while and it is obvious they want it bad enough.

Good luck to all those waiting for the medical invite. It must be any day now.

Comment

• [QUOTE=2xvet] A couple friends of mine are Troopers, and they loved the academy.

Loving the academy?!?! I have never met a Trooper who said they loved the academy; in fact, most of the outside staff mentioned how they still get creeped out while walking through the academy.

Looking back people laugh about dumb stuff some idiots did, or whatever. Also, there will be moments that are funny or somewhat enjoyable in the academy, but no one loved the academy in my class.

Make sure you post on this thread how much you love the academy at the end of week 5... Knowing you still have 21 more weeks of loving academy life to go...
              Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

• Loving the academy?!?! I have never met a Trooper who said they loved the academy; in fact, most of the outside staff mentioned how they still get creeped out while walking through the academy.

Looking back people laugh about dumb stuff some idiots did, or whatever. Also, there will be moments that are funny or somewhat enjoyable in the academy, but no one loved the academy in my class (that I am aware of).

Make sure you post on this thread how much you love the academy at the end of week 5... Knowing you still have 21 more weeks of loving academy life to go...

Comment

• my condolences go out to the members of the NYSP

Comment

• Originally posted by ME1998
                    my condolences go out to the members of the NYSP

On behalf of all of the NYSP, I thank you for your condolences.

And I thank all the kind people who have PM'd me. Your thoughts and prayers are truely appreciated.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• NYSP now has a candidate update newsletter.

Thanks to RGratton for pointing this out, the NYSP now has a newsletter to keep candidates up to date on what is happening as far as hiring and processing is concern. The view the newsletter click the link below

http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Empl...etter03-06.pdf

Comment

• Thank You

The newsletter is great, thank you for sharing..

Originally posted by Troophopeful
                        Thanks to RGratton for pointing this out, the NYSP now has a newsletter to keep candidates up to date on what is happening as far as hiring and processing is concern. The view the newsletter click the link below

http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Empl...etter03-06.pdf

Comment

• May 8th is the day

I heard that day right from Superintendent Bennett's mouth yesterday at the funeral.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Thanks for the confirmation Trooper. We should be hearing something soon about the meds.

Originally posted by Trooper4985
                            I heard that day right from Superintendent Bennett's mouth yesterday at the funeral.

Comment

• I am a new member but i have been following the posts for quite some time and i know that there are some very knowledgable people out there on the subjects discussed. So , now i pose my question; rather a dilemma. I have just recieved a letter of disqualification for the position of state trooper. The letter does not give and specifics, nor does it give and infromation on how to get the details of my disqualification and if i can appeal it. The bottom line is: does anyone know how i can find out why i got disqualified?, Can i appeal it?, How do i go about appealing it?

Any information is greatly appreciated
                              Thank you,
                              Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by Rkoz325
                                I am a new member but i have been following the posts for quite some time and i know that there are some very knowledgable people out there on the subjects discussed. So , now i pose my question; rather a dilemma. I have just recieved a letter of disqualification for the position of state trooper. The letter does not give and specifics, nor does it give and infromation on how to get the details of my disqualification and if i can appeal it. The bottom line is: does anyone know how i can find out why i got disqualified?, Can i appeal it?, How do i go about appealing it?

Any information is greatly appreciated
                                Thank you,
                                Rick

Rick, I am sorry to hear you were D'qed. The letter used to say whether you were disqualified from this current process or you were disqualified permanently. I am thinking if this is the last time you can apply because of your age it may not say either of those.

Either way, to the best of my knowledge they won't say why you were d'qed or give you a reason. Most people have an idea themselves.

On a brighter note for everyone else, this means the medical letters should be sent out any day now...

best of luck everyone.

When did you receive the letter?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9282 users online. 350 members and 8932 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X