Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
    To people on the job,

Anyone know if it's common to not hear from your BI for over a few weeks after completing the Poly and being told you passed and are good to go?

Does this just mean I won't hear anything 'til I am called for medical?

Thanx.
    I can't say because I was never in your situation, but I believe that you will have an update with your BI sometime prior to the next medical. I am also thinking you will be notified by Albany letting you know you are still in the process... There are guys on here that were in your predicament that could answer better.

Just so you know, the BI usually are playing catch up with all their cases they are working on and the trooper candidates are the last things on their minds.

Not that you guys don't matter to them you are just not as important as all the sex crimes, robberies, burgs, etc... they are dealing with!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
      To people on the job,

Anyone know if it's common to not hear from your BI for over a few weeks after completing the Poly and being told you passed and are good to go?

Does this just mean I won't hear anything 'til I am called for medical?

Thanx.
      I don't think it's uncommon to not hear from your BI after the Poly. I did happen to hear from mine, but that was to clarify a few things that came up during the Poly. There was no initial update to my background prior to my first visit to the Medical Eval. The background update didn't take place until the list was being updated for the next class and even then it was just a one page questionnaire. Unfortunately I still didn't make the last class, so I can expect another background update and yet another medical eval in the near future.

Comment

• Thanx for the info GP & ML.

I guess it's like they say... "No news is good news"
        sigpic
        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Good News and Bad News

Good News...Got a call from my BI to update my background yet again...

Bad News...Since it's been so long Albany wants an updated Polygraph...

Comment

• Originally posted by mleggio View Post
            Good News...Got a call from my BI to update my background yet again...

Bad News...Since it's been so long Albany wants an updated Polygraph...
            That's great ML. I wouldn't worry about taking the Poly again though, being you have already passed it once. This update hopefully means you'll be in this next class. Good luck.
            sigpic
            IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Guys on a different note...I received my acceptance letter to the NYSParkPolice academy. It will be held at SUNY IT, Utica Nov 12. Thank you to everybody who has helped me get this far. Maybe someday I will be reporting for another academy where the Grey Rider Statue will greet me.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP View Post
                Guys on a different note...I received my acceptance letter to the NYSParkPolice academy. It will be held at SUNY IT, Utica Nov 12. Thank you to everybody who has helped me get this far. Maybe someday I will be reporting for another academy where the Grey Rider Statue will greet me.
                Congrats and good luck. Enjoy your 6month vacation.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Guys on a different note...I received my acceptance letter to the NYSParkPolice academy. It will be held at SUNY IT, Utica Nov 12. Thank you to everybody who has helped me get this far. Maybe someday I will be reporting for another academy where the Grey Rider Statue will greet me.
                  Congrats!
                  I have been watching the NYSPP thread and there are a lot of people waiting anxiously for the call.

I have said it before those guys have a pretty good gig and with their pay increase it is an attractive job.

Comment

Congratulations KP.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

aaahhh,.." a bird in the hand", young man!!! somehow i don't think you'll be too concerned with going anywhere once you hit the patrol and start making the arrests, investigations, citizen assists,and the extra OT $$ Don't think that one badge or uniform is more than another-just a different type of B.S. I got a feeling you'll be quite satisfied with where you're going
                      "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

• DOAcop, I've seen that you occasionally post in a thread concerning New York State.

Of course, we always enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your insight. But I'm curious. Are you from here?

And are you near the fires?
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• SDT, the Grays, and any other TPRs monitoring this thread, wondering what kind of score will put me into the first round of processing? Any ideas? I know my chances are slim as I am only 20 and have no military background but my other tests have been pretty good. Thanks.
                          Last edited by OTVFD18; 10-24-2007, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• When I took the exam back in 2001, I ranked about 5100 with a score in the low 90s. It was about 12 months before I got the call to report for the PFT.

Not sure if that helps you any

Comment

• Thanks HXD. Looks like I need to shoot for 95 or better!

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7577 users online. 369 members and 7208 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X