300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Question.

Is there anywhere where a LEO can't carry while he or she is off duty in NYS???
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
      well the lower the numbers are the better chance me & Futuretprkp & OTVFD18 have getting on the force
      Johnny I like your thinking man.

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      I'm sure you guys will be at the top of the list, no many how many people take the test.
      Thanks for the encouragement SDT. Just waiting for my acceptance letter to the NYSPP and if I have to do back to back academies so be it.

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
      Is there anywhere where a LEO can't carry while he or she is off duty in NYS???
      John, I do believe I was told that the only place LEO cannot carry is in a federal building.
      sigpic

Comment

well the lower the numbers are the better chance me & Futuretprkp & OTVFD18 have getting on the force
        according to our 'cultural sensitivity' training......"the force" is no longer an exceptable term

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
          according to our 'cultural sensitivity' training......"the force" is no longer an exceptable term
          Cultural Sensitivity training huh? I'd probably get in trouble for posting what I think of all the PC crap.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
            I use the "the force" every night on the job. I love blind folding myself during a pursuit and just use "the force"

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
              I use the "the force" every night on the job. I love blind folding myself during a pursuit and just use "the force"
              LMAOOOOOO, You've been on a row lately.
              Last edited by John2008; 10-13-2007, 08:26 PM.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Basically my situation with the deferment is this: I took the exam, a few months later, I got my score and I did well. Several months after that I get a letter saying "come up to albany". The problem is, Im a week away from shipping to Iraq. So I call the recruiter in troop K, tell her the story and she says get a derferment.... I get a deferment, survive my tour in Iraq, and come home. Now Im about 10 months away from getting out, and I want become "un-deferred". Im just curious as to how I do that.
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                  Basically my situation with the deferment is this: I took the exam, a few months later, I got my score and I did well. Several months after that I get a letter saying "come up to albany". The problem is, Im a week away from shipping to Iraq. So I call the recruiter in troop K, tell her the story and she says get a derferment.... I get a deferment, survive my tour in Iraq, and come home. Now Im about 10 months away from getting out, and I want become "un-deferred". Im just curious as to how I do that.
                  10 months is pushing it... I doubt you will make it in on this test. You can contact HR and ask if you can still be considered for the next (last?) class off this list. I would definately sign up for the next test though.
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Hello. 20 year old student here.

I was wondering if you do pass the written exam but you'll still be in college in the time being, will they let you finish and graduate?

Comment

• Originally posted by 101 Percent View Post
                      Hello. 20 year old student here.

I was wondering if you do pass the written exam but you'll still be in college in the time being, will they let you finish and graduate?
                      You can ask for a deferment if you get called up for processing.

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                      Basically my situation with the deferment is this: I took the exam, a few months later, I got my score and I did well. Several months after that I get a letter saying "come up to albany". The problem is, Im a week away from shipping to Iraq. So I call the recruiter in troop K, tell her the story and she says get a derferment.... I get a deferment, survive my tour in Iraq, and come home. Now Im about 10 months away from getting out, and I want become "un-deferred". Im just curious as to how I do that.
                      My friend is in the same situation, he wrote the letter to Albany saying that he's ready to go in now and so on and after albany responded he spoke to someone else and they basically told him to sign up for the next exam coming up because the last class that just went in is probably the last class from the last test. so sign up for the 08 test just incase they tell you the same.
                      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

You can ask for a deferment if you get called up for processing.
                        How long can deferments be?

Comment

• Originally posted by 101 Percent View Post
                          How long can deferments be?
                          Till the end of the list you are on.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• I just got off the phone with the troop K recruiter, and she explained to me that the deferment given to active military (or Reserve/Guard who are called up) is different than deferments given to other people (i.e. college). I guess the deferments for military are for up to 3 years after your end of active service date. She also gave me the name and number of the military liasion Trooper in Albany. I guess the process to get off a deferment is the same as getting one: just send them a letter, tell them your issue, and wait. As long as I dont have to take another test...
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• gotta admit the 61K out the door is not bad at all for the plus the 5 1/2 later salary...

Comment

• Processing...

To people on the job,

Anyone know if it's common to not hear from your BI for over a few weeks after completing the Poly and being told you passed and are good to go?

Does this just mean I won't hear anything 'til I am called for medical?

Thanx.
                                sigpic
                                IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6327 users online. 238 members and 6089 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X