300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
    Haha. I bet we see Vermont go to hybrid vehicles sometime! They even have hybrid Tahoes now.
    I seen them, they're pretty nice. The county "officials" in my county have them.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I think this is a repeat question but: Written Exam Preparation?

The forum has been quiet for a while, so I thought I would post a question that may have been answered before about the written exam for NYSP or other agencies.

What is the best way to prepare for it?

Do you experienced guys recommend any preparation books available online or libraries? If not, why not?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
        The forum has been quiet for a while, so I thought I would post a question that may have been answered before about the written exam for NYSP or other agencies.

Do you experienced guys recommend any preparation books available online or libraries? If not, why not?

Thanks!
        I would recommend getting a study guide book. the vendor that makes the test for NYSP has a book out there online is like 14bucks. I'm going to buy it around Nov-dec.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post

Thanks!

There are practice questions on the website, and even exam tutorials.

http://www.nytrooper.com/docs/StudyGuide.pdf

www.nytrooper.com
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Does anyone here know what the deal is with a military deferment? This time next year I'll be out, and Im getting anxious to start processing. Also, for anyone from the Hudson Valley, the Dutchess County Sheriffs Dept. is testing this fall. Not my primary goal, but a fallback if the SP doesnt hire.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
              Does anyone here know what the deal is with a military deferment? This time next year I'll be out, and Im getting anxious to start processing. Also, for anyone from the Hudson Valley, the Dutchess County Sheriffs Dept. is testing this fall. Not my primary goal, but a fallback if the SP doesnt hire.
              The SP has been generous with deferals for military, generally. But since a new test being given in jan/Feb, I don't know if they will continue to defer people from the old list, once the new list is established.

Is that what your situation is? If so, I'll try to find out for you.

Comment

• Albany, NY – October 10, 2007 – New York State Police Acting Superintendent Preston L. Felton announced today that, with nearly two months left to apply for the next statewide Trooper examination, over 13,500 qualified applicants have already signed up to take the exam. There is still time left to apply. The recruitment campaign ends on December 1st, 2007. Exams are scheduled for January 19, January 26, February 2 and February 9, 2008, and will be offered at several convenient locations around the state.
                eh, not too bad, I wonder how many people they are looking to hire over the next 4years.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                  eh, not too bad, I wonder how many people they are looking to hire over the next 4years.
                  Actually, I think that number is rather low. But there is still a month and a half before the deadline. I'd like to see around 50k people signed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    Actually, I think that number is rather low. But there is still a month and a half before the deadline. I'd like to see around 50k people signed up.
                    I thought it was low too. I think I remember hearing that the 2004 test had around 20K sign-up.

Comment

• I heard the estimate is between 30k-40k

Comment

well the lower the numbers are the better chance me & Futuretprkp & OTVFD18 have getting on the force
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                          well the lower the numbers are the better chance me & Futuretprkp & OTVFD18 have getting on the force

I'm sure you guys will be at the top of the list, no many how many people take the test.

Comment

I'm sure you guys will be at the top of the list, no many how many people take the test.
                            hopefully, I just got back my results from the PA state police test I took and I did horrible, the lowest scored I have ever got on a civil service test, I knew the math screwed me over so now I know what I need to study for the NYSP test since they use the same vendor the test should be similar.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Thanks SDT. If you ever wanted a second career, I bet you'd make a killer guidance counselor!

Comment

I wouldn't.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5645 users online. 175 members and 5470 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X