300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
    so what's wrong with troop B?? since I keep hearing that "that's is where all the cadets that failed a test or two go"????
    No, not at all, and nothing is wrong with Troop B, except the snow and cold.

The Division has an interest in maintaining a balance of manpower around the state. So, for a few years at least, lots of people work in a part of the state they didn't choose. It's happened to almost all of us, sometimes more than once.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post

The Division has an interest in maintaining a balance of manpower around the state. So, for a few years at least, lots of people work in a part of the state they didn't choose. It's happened to almost all of us, sometimes more than once.
      It really doesn't matter where you go. Your a Trooper no matter where you go.
      I'm use to being the low man. You just need to be (as we said in the Marine Corps)

Semper Gumby!!

It's a great job, it's been a long time since I have looked forward to going to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtmccarty View Post
        It's a great job, it's been a long time since I have looked forward to going to work.
        I can't wait for that feeling again.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I wouldn't mind being up there with the snow and the cold and all as long as I get the Job. *waits patiently for Jan and to see if I make the next academy*
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Silly question, but I've always wondered: Why is it some troopers where an undershirt under the summer short-sleeve shirt, and some don't? I would think it would be required for a uniform appearance. Secondly, does it matter what color, as in "If you are going to where one, it can only be white" or "Only black or white undershirts allowed" etc.

Just curious what the policy is on that, if there is one. I know, a rather random question, but I am curious.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
              Silly question, but I've always wondered: Why is it some troopers where an undershirt under the summer short-sleeve shirt, and some don't? I would think it would be required for a uniform appearance. Secondly, does it matter what color, as in "If you are going to where one, it can only be white" or "Only black or white undershirts allowed" etc.

Just curious what the policy is on that, if there is one. I know, a rather random question, but I am curious.

Thanks!
              that made me think of another question, I've seen troopers pump gas at the gas station, do you get reimbursed when you pump your own gas for the patrol vehicle or no???

Because I know SCPD has gas pumps at the stations so the officers don't pay for gas for the patrol cars.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                Silly question, but I've always wondered: Why is it some troopers where an undershirt under the summer short-sleeve shirt, and some don't? I would think it would be required for a uniform appearance. Secondly, does it matter what color, as in "If you are going to where one, it can only be white" or "Only black or white undershirts allowed" etc.

Thanks!
                Wearing your vest on bare skin is quite uncomfortable and nothing to absorb sweat... you shouldn't see a t-shirt under the vest though... V-necks or like I do... cut the front of an old t-shirt.

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                that made me think of another question, I've seen troopers pump gas at the gas station, do you get reimbursed when you pump your own gas for the patrol vehicle or no???

Because I know SCPD has gas pumps at the stations so the officers don't pay for gas for the patrol cars.
                Yes... you have to pay for your own gas I've heard of PD's that make you buy your own equipment but buying gas for your patrol car is a little much don't you think?
                Last edited by Trooper4985; 09-24-2007, 04:39 AM.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                    Yes... you have to pay for your own gas I've heard of PD's that make you buy your own equipment but buying gas for your patrol car is a little much don't you think?
                    That's true, since you can put a lot of miles on the CVPI in one day go 20miles one way to a call and another 15miles another way plus your patrol that you choose to do. how much do you guys usually spend on gas a week????
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                      I pay practically nothing with my police package Prius.
                      LMAOOOOOOOO that's great, I can only imagine being pulled over by a car like that I think I would laugh lol.
                      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                        That's true, since you can put a lot of miles on the CVPI in one day go 20miles one way to a call and another 15miles another way plus your patrol that you choose to do. how much do you guys usually spend on gas a week????
                        $1.98 per fillup... Pepsi keeps me going no matter how long the shift is.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                          $1.98 per fillup... Pepsi keeps me going no matter how long the shift is.
                          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtmccarty View Post
                            Like John said "I can't wait for that feeling again." My place of employment now is like a prison sentence. Thank god my poly for the NYSParkPolice is tommorow and I am almost done with that process. All i have to do is tell the truth. Academy is Nov 12. so we will see. It will be interesting to see how well I do on the State Police exam in Jan-Feb to see if I get to do another "fun" academy .
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                              I pay practically nothing with my police package Prius.
                              You should change your name to Green State.
                              Last edited by SlowDownThere; 09-26-2007, 08:56 AM.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

You should change your name to Green State.
                                Haha. I bet we see Vermont go to hybrid vehicles sometime! They even have hybrid Tahoes now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12122 users online. 447 members and 11675 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X