300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
    From what I have heard being a pilot makes you a very attractive candidate -- and I don't mean attractive like me in uniform either
    Good clarification GrayPatriot

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
      John2008,

Audis are NOT rice, and I doubt the A6 had a loud muffler

No loud muffler and a stock A6 does not qualify as rice... Rice is a 4 or 6 cylinder with exhaust louder than a '69 Boss 429, spoilers on FWD cars, and stickers from every aftermarket manufacturer you can find.

Rice

Not Rice
      Last edited by Trooper4985; 09-19-2007, 12:44 PM.
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by mleggio View Post
        Oddly enough, I just posted a similar question yesterday.
        http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73751
        mleggio, are you a helicopter pilot?
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
          ooooo ok, thanks for the info.
          John, Troopers can carry their duty weapon while off-duty if they choose to.
          Not a lot of them do however. Those that carry at all usually prefer something smaller while off-duty.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
              John, Troopers can carry their duty weapon while off-duty if they choose to.
              Not a lot of them do however. Those that carry at all usually prefer something smaller while off-duty.
              OOO ok, I'm still a little confused on how does a LEO buys a weapon other than the one issue by the department.

LEt me see

Let's say I'm a NYS trooper and I want to go out and buy a Glock 19.

so I go to the store and pass the background check and buy it.
              than I go to my local city or county and register the weapon

or can someone explain to me how does a NYS trooper goes out about buying another weapon for recreational use since you already have a ccw permit issue by the state?????
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

OOO ok, I'm still a little confused on how does a LEO buys a weapon other than the one issue by the department.

LEt me see

Let's say I'm a NYS trooper and I want to go out and buy a Glock 19.

so I go to the store and pass the background check and buy it.
                than I go to my local city or county and register the weapon

or can someone explain to me how does a NYS trooper goes out about buying another weapon for recreational use since you already have a ccw permit issue by the state?????
                If you buy it on your badge, you don't need a pistol permit, and you don't have to register it with the county. You can obtain a pistol permit if you want, and some guys do, just in case they lose their badge for a few days.

In other words, you can buy it with your pistol permit, or with your badge. you don't need both, even though some guys have both.

I don't have a pistol permit, for example.
                Last edited by SlowDownThere; 09-19-2007, 09:04 PM.

Comment

...about buying another weapon for recreational use since you already have a ccw permit issue by the state?????
                  That's just it, you don't have a ccw issued by the state. The status of police officer makes you exempt for the requirment of having a ccw.

Comment

• I have bought all my weapons on my shield. Just a quick form you fill out with the State Police. That's the easiest way.
                    Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                    American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Originally posted by Standing_Tall View Post
                      I have bought all my weapons on my shield. Just a quick form you fill out with the State Police. That's the easiest way.
                      Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                      That's just it, you don't have a ccw issued by the state. The status of police officer makes you exempt for the requirment of having a ccw.
                      Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                      If you buy it on your badge, you don't need a pistol permit, and you don't have to register it with the county. You can obtain a pistol permit if you want, and some guys do, just in case they lose their badge for a few days.

In other words, you can buy it with your pistol permit, or with your badge. you don't need both, even though some guys have both.

I don't have a pistol permit, for example.
                      oooo ok that explains it well, thank you both.
                      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                        mleggio, are you a helicopter pilot?
                        No, I'm not. It was always a plan and dream to fly in the Army, but sacrifices had to be made and I ended up having to back out....twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                          No loud muffler and a stock A6 does not qualify as rice... Rice is a 4 or 6 cylinder with exhaust louder than a '69 Boss 429, spoilers on FWD cars, and stickers from every aftermarket manufacturer you can find.

Rice

Not Rice

Haha... Nice explanation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post

Rice

Not Rice
                            Duhhh Trooper, didn't you know that stickers add 5HP each???

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                              Duhhh Trooper, didn't you know that stickers add 5HP each???
                              LMAOOOOOO, shoot I need me some stickers than.
                              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• LET'S ALL WISH A HAPPY BDAY TO SDT, HAPPY BDAY SARGE
                                and thanks for all the help.

Where's the party at????
                                Last edited by John2008; 09-21-2007, 01:06 PM.
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4435 users online. 191 members and 4244 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X