300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
    so in other words, you go to your home county and apply for a pistol permit, than if approved you go out and buy your pistol and register it with your home county and division???
    I have a pistol permit that I had before coming on the job. No weapon I ever own will be on my shield because if something happens that division takes my shield... they control those weapons.
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
      I have a pistol permit that I had before coming on the job. No weapon I ever own will be on my shield because if something happens that division takes my shield... they control those weapons.
      ooooo ok, you can carry your duty weapon while off duty right????
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

ooooo ok, you can carry your duty weapon while off duty right????
        My duty weapon has never left my locker unless it went on patrol with me. I have my own off duty weapons for a reason. Unless you are 6'5" 300 you aren't going to conceal your duty weapon.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

My duty weapon has never left my locker unless it went on patrol with me. I have my own off duty weapons for a reason. Unless you are 6'5" 300 you aren't going to conceal your duty weapon.
          ooooo ok, thanks for the info.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Guys, this was posted in the local troop G barracks, thought it was pretty humorous.

"Upstate New Yorkers"
            Jeff Foxworthy on "Upstate New Yorkers"

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 -- your going 80 -- and everybody is
            passing you, you may live in upstate New York.

If you have switched from heat to AC and back again in the same day, you may live in upstate New York.

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September to the end of May, you could live in upstate New York!

If you install security lights to your house and garage,but leave both unlocked,you may live in upstate New York.

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work
            there; you may live in upstate New York.

If you can drive 75mph through 2 feet of snow during a blizzard without
            flitching, you may live in upstate New York.

If you have worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in upstate New York.

If you have a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in upstate New York.

If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of Albany for the weekend, you may live in upstate New York.

If you measure distance in hours, you may live in upstate New York.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in upstate New York.

If you carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in upstate New York.

If your kids Halloween costume is designed to fit over a snowsuit, you may live in upstate New York.

If driving is better in the winter because the pot holes are filled with snow,
            you may live in upstate New York.

If you know all four seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road
            construction, you may live in upstate New York.

If you have more miles on you snow blower than your car, you may live in upstate New York.

If you find 10 degrees a " little chilly ", you may live in upstate New York.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP View Post
              If the speed limit on the highway is 55 -- your going 80 -- and everybody is
              passing you, you may live in upstate New York.
              I've met far more ***hole drivers from 'downstate' (westchester mostly) than I've ever met from up north. Perfect example.... Working Corridor Safety yesterday I stop an Audi A6 for 62/40 and no signal lane change (residential street)... he tries handing me about 5 PBA cards instead of his license when requested. When I continue to look at him and request his DL... he extends his hand even further. I tell him they don't look like any DL I've ever seen. He eventually produces his DL. I ask him where he's coming from and he says LI.... I ask him where he's going to... he says Olive Garden. I question the reason for driving 5 hours to goto a crapy chain restaurant. He the informs me he also plays for the local ECHL hockey team... Sorry... don't watch the games. I cut him a break... I only wrote him the speed... I let him go on the unsafe lane change.
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I've met far more ***hole drivers from 'downstate' (westchester mostly) than I've ever met from up north. Perfect example.... Working Corridor Safety yesterday I stop an Audi A6 for 62/40 and no signal lane change (residential street)... he tries handing me about 5 PBA cards instead of his license when requested. When I continue to look at him and request his DL... he extends his hand even further. I tell him they don't look like any DL I've ever seen. He eventually produces his DL. I ask him where he's coming from and he says LI.... I ask him where he's going to... he says Olive Garden. I question the reason for driving 5 hours to goto a crapy chain restaurant. He the informs me he also plays for the local ECHL hockey team... Sorry... don't watch the games. I cut him a break... I only wrote him the speed... I let him go on the unsafe lane change.
                Ugh most of the people here in LI can't drive. people always do 80-90 on I-495 and is not even a big highway. I bet the fact that he was driving a Audi didn't help with you lol Ticketing Rice lol I know you would have fun over here so many foreign cars with the loud mufflers.
                Last edited by John2008; 09-17-2007, 03:17 PM.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I know there's a lot of ***hole drivers in NY. Most likely not in one particular area, but everywhere. Thats why they should hire me!

By the way, I saw a really heavy, young lady when i was driving to work today eating a bowl of spaghetti and watching a dvd (looked like dodgeball). Now tell me how she could have been paying attention the road?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP View Post
                    I know there's a lot of ***hole drivers in NY. Most likely not in one particular area, but everywhere. Thats why they should hire me!

By the way, I saw a really heavy, young lady when i was driving to work today eating a bowl of spaghetti and watching a dvd (looked like dodgeball). Now tell me how she could have been paying attention the road?
                    LMAOOOOOO, that's a classic, I seen so many things while driving and some of em get on my nerves.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Good evening all!

I'm looking for anyone familiar with NYSP aviation. Although I'm not YET a pilot, I'd like to eventually fly for the NYSP. I'm currently a Flight Mechanic (crew chief) on US Coast Guard HH65C helicopters out of Atlantic City, and my enlistment expires 08/08. I believe that I meet all of the preliminary recruitment requirements, with only 3 months left for my BS in Professional Aeronautics from Embry-Riddle, physically able, and a clean background with government security clearances. I'm registered to take the 2008 NYSP exam.
                      I am aware that NYSP pilots must start as patrol troopers, which seems like also an exciting and rewarding job.
                      Anyone have any advice to keep an edge on the competition with the upcoming exams?
                      Last edited by mikeywUSCG; 09-18-2007, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeywUSCG View Post
                        Good evening all!

I'm looking for anyone familiar with NYSP aviation. Although I'm not YET a pilot, I'd like to eventually fly for the NYSP. I'm currently a Flight Mechanic (crew chief) on US Coast Guard HH65C helicopters out of Atlantic City, and my enlistment expires 08/08. I believe that I meet all of the preliminary recruitment requirements, with only 3 months left for my BS in Professional Aeronautics from Embry-Riddle, physically able, and a clean background with government security clearances. I'm registered to take the 2008 NYSP exam.
                        I am aware that NYSP pilots must start as patrol troopers, which seems like also an exciting and rewarding job.
                        Anyone have any advice to keep an edge on the competition with the upcoming exams?
                        Oddly enough, I just posted a similar question yesterday.
                        http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73751

Comment

Ugh most of the people here in LI can't drive. people always do 80-90 on I-495 and is not even a big highway. I bet the fact that he was driving a Audi didn't help with you lol Ticketing Rice lol I know you would have fun over here so many foreign cars with the loud mufflers.
                          John2008,

Audis are NOT rice, and I doubt the A6 had a loud muffler

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                            John2008,

Audis are NOT rice, and I doubt the A6 had a loud muffler
                            True True. I seen a couple of Audis around here with one of those loud mufflers and all I did was 0_o"why would you do that to that car???"

I know when I get on the job some of the people that are going to drive me crazy while driving are going to be taxis and some truck drivers, Yesterday I saw some cab driver drive on the shoulder and run a red light and force this other car that was making a left turn onto the road that we where on stop in the middle of the intersection, all I said was damn I wish I was on the job already I would have pull him over n given him two nice coupons 1. for running the red light 2. for driving on the shoulder.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeywUSCG View Post
                              Good evening all!

You will have veterans preference so you will have an edge there. Also, my academy class had 2 pilots and the academy staff indicated that was a low amount. From what I have heard being a pilot makes you a very attractive candidate -- and I don't mean attractive like me in uniform either

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                                and I don't mean attractive like me in uniform either
                                LOL
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6553 users online. 223 members and 6330 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X