Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This question is sparked by another thread but directed to the sworn guys. I am a Public Justice student, taking the test in Jan and also UP and PP in November. In the Spring semester, I will be doing a 240 hour internship with the local sheriff's department who work alongside the SP (sort of, they respond to calls together, are dispatched via the same center, etc.). That will be 30 shifts of ride-a-longs with the SD. I am wondering if you guys know of any other internships that might help me or be beneficial in anyway, including federal LE internships. I know the SP has a program, but I can not realistically build my school schedule around it like I can the SD program. Also, they do not offer an internship program during the summer. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I am still working on a schedule that would let me take an SP internship. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
      haven't seen you on here in a while, took a vacation??? lol
      I don't take vacations... I still like the job too much to take time off
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
        I don't take vacations... I still like the job too much to take time off
        lol that's good can't wait until I get on, the other day I was driving on southern state and I saw one of the troopers from Troop L on the Camaro pull over this RSX type S and I thought of your saying "Ticketing Rice and taking potheads pipes" lol because American muscle car pulling over Rice burner.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• For those keeping score...

FYI - Got another letter from the NYSP stating the over processing of the August class and notifying me that I would be contacted later for the background update and eventually a medical eval.... AGAIN.

At least it's not a "Thanks but No Thanks" letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by mleggio View Post
            For those keeping score...

FYI - Got another letter from the NYSP stating the over processing of the August class and notifying me that I would be contacted later for the background update and eventually a medical eval.... AGAIN.

At least it's not a "Thanks but No Thanks" letter.
            I got the same letter on Saturday.

Comment

• You should be hearing soon, as the back room guys are doing BI's now.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                  Keep your chins up. If you got that update letter, it's mostly a matter of time before you get your chance at the academy.
                  Does getting it twice now double my chances?

Comment

• Originally posted by mleggio View Post
                    Does getting it twice now double my chances?
                    Yup. In fact, I think you become a sergeant immediately upon graduating from the academy.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                      Yup. In fact, I think you become a sergeant immediately upon graduating from the academy.
                      SHWEEEEEEEEET!

I could be my own FTO
                      Last edited by ML75; 09-13-2007, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mleggio View Post
                        SHWEEEEEEEEET!

I could be my own FTO
                        LMAOOOOOOO
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I don't need all that. Just getting in will be fine with me. I already have to take the test again incase I don't make the March class. I just don't want to go through the whole long, STRESSFUL process again.
                          Last edited by dirtyduce; 09-14-2007, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• When you become a LEO with any agency in NYS and you want to go out and buy another Pistol or Shotgun or anything do you still have to apply for a permit to have it even tho you'll have a ccw permit because your a LEO or do you just go to your home county or city and register it after it was purchase??? or can anyone explain how does it work when you want to buy another pistol for recreational use???
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                              When you become a LEO with any agency in NYS and you want to go out and buy another Pistol or Shotgun or anything do you still have to apply for a permit to have it even tho you'll have a ccw permit because your a LEO or do you just go to your home county or city and register it after it was purchase??? or can anyone explain how does it work when you want to buy another pistol for recreational use???
                              Division knows about my personal glock but it's on my own permit... No reason Division should have any control over what I possess as long as I possess the appropriate license/permit.
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                                Division knows about my personal glock but it's on my own permit... No reason Division should have any control over what I possess as long as I possess the appropriate license/permit.
                                so in other words, you go to your home county and apply for a pistol permit, than if approved you go out and buy your pistol and register it with your home county and division???
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5807 users online. 292 members and 5515 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X