Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=RGratton]Their site is not password protected. However, I can remove my post if you would like me to.

I have no allegiances and I don
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• BTW, I highly doubt that you will see uniform Troopers conducting background investigations. Highly doubt it.

Comment

• Did I just get Screwed?

I just got a court summons today because the license on my dog has expired. (Error on my part) The slip up was that my girlfriend and I were going to change the license to her name becasue she already has one dog in her name. Of course I will get it taken care of, but am I screwed now? Do I tell my BI? Personally I think the reason it went to a court summons so fast is because the dog is an American Staffordshire mix. And help would be great.
        When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Old Post <--Do you still feel this way about the NYSP?

Your background is already complete. I would tell my BI as that way it doesn't look like you are trying to hide anything.

You didn't think we forgot about that one post do you?
          Last edited by wannabeenytrp; 02-24-2006, 01:31 PM.
          Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

• I've never seen anyone get DQ'd over an expired dog license. I hope that doesn't make me a jack***.

Good catch wannabenysp.
            Last edited by SlowDownThere; 02-24-2006, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• 05-16-2005, 09:16 AM #16
              Ranter64

I do have the highest respect for Troopers, that is why I am trying to become one. All of the Troopers I have ever met have been very nice and supportive of my career path. But I was just asking a question based upon many posts I have read from other officers on this site about their dealings with State Police from all states not just New York. And personally the posts I read from one Trooper who was at one time banned from this site were mainly inflamatory towards any office that did not drive a "blue and gold". I asked that question because I have respect for all police not just the NYSP.

I explained myself before and again I very much respect the NYSP but at the time some people were going very hardcore w/ insults concerning other agencies and I just was concerened about animostiy. In retrospect I was trying to be funny and ask a question when in reality I should have kept my piehole shut.
              When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• I wasn't a member of O.com back when you made your post (04/05), otherwise, I'm sure I would have remembered it. And I don't know which Trooper was being refered to in that thread. I guess it doesn't matter.

But a funny thing happened at work today. One of our investigators was mentioning how he may have to do a supplemental for a BI, because he found out about a summons over a dog license. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, otherwise you will be training at my station.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Comment

• Do new troopers get to do their FTO period anywhere that they want, or does everyone train at their home station if possible, or is it a request and then assignment type deal like with

Comment

• Placement Process??

That's a great question RGratton.. How does the placement process work after you get out of the Academy? Can anyone help us with this question??
                    It would be really appreciated..

[QUOTE=RGratton]Do new troopers get to do their FTO period anywhere that they want, or does everyone train at their home station if possible, or is it a request and then assignment type deal like with

Comment

• I'm no longer an FTO, since we don't allow NCO's to be FTOs, but I was one for many years. Upon graduation, everyone is assigned a "training troop" that is usually close to home. We make every effort to get people close to home for that 12 week period, but it doesn't always work out for everyone.

Upon succesful completion of the FTO training, they are assigned a "permanent troop." It's odd that we call it permanent, because people are able to transfer out ususally after six months, and begin to work their way to where they actually want to live.

Comment

• Academy Start Date &amp; Prep

I'm curious if anyone heard anything about the Academy Starting on a different date then previously posted (May 8th)?

What should someone expect the first few weeks of the Academy? Any advise?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2xvet
                          Buy a dictionary for one. We can't tell you what to expect at the academy... that takes away from the whole academy experience. Lets just put it this way... if you are easily offended or can't handle having to make snap decisions under constant stress... it's going to be an eye opener and quite possibly a back breaker. A guy 4 ahead of me in line was in the building for all of about 30 seconds I figure... he walked in when it was his turn... did something that was addressed by an ATO in a loud voice about 6 inches from the recruits face and he promptly turned around and walked back to the parkinglot. We lost 3 people before everyone was even done in processing. By the end of the week we were down about 15 that were backfilled.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Wow, Thanks...

Well thanks for the advise. (Dictionary?? )
                            It was a ray of sunshine. All of us will benefit from your wisdom and genuine insight.. I guess if you tried to help us out, it would take all the fun out of it... You will be surprised what most of us could endure, and have endured. If it's like you say, it sounds like fun...

After syaing you can't give us advise, you ended up doing so anyway, thank you...

Originally posted by Trooper4985
                            Buy a dictionary for one. We can't tell you what to expect at the academy... that takes away from the whole academy experience. Lets just put it this way... if you are easily offended or can't handle having to make snap decisions under constant stress... it's going to be an eye opener and quite possibly a back breaker. A guy 4 ahead of me in line was in the building for all of about 30 seconds I figure... he walked in when it was his turn... did something that was addressed by an ATO in a loud voice about 6 inches from the recruits face and he promptly turned around and walked back to the parkinglot. We lost 3 people before everyone was even done in processing. By the end of the week we were down about 15 that were backfilled.
                            Last edited by 2xvet; 02-28-2006, 02:42 PM. Reason: Clarify Confussion

Comment

• [QUOTE=2xvet]Well thanks for the advise.
                              QUOTE]

The best advice! It is advice...

The first 2 to quit from my session were prior military and prior LE. I am sure they had endured a lot in their past too

Having said that, I am sure everyone on these boards will do fine. Most have been on here for a while and it is obvious they want it bad enough.

Good luck to all those waiting for the medical invite. It must be any day now.
                              Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

• Originally posted by 2xvet
                                I'm curious if anyone heard anything about the Academy Starting on a different date then previously posted (May 8th)?

And wear clean underwear. You never know.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7103 users online. 313 members and 6790 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X