300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This puzzles me..

I applied to the Florida D.O.T. for a position as a Motor Carrier Complince Officer more then a year ago. Well after passing all the steps including B.I., polygraph ect. the phsyc Doc. recomends that I not be given the job based on my written phsyc. test scores. Know I have in the past passed this test twice with other agency's. What can I do about this if anything?

You can try appealing your disqualification through whatever civil service agency oversees state employment.

FWIW, failing the psych doesn't preclude you from testing again with that or any other agency. Many agencies use different shrinks and have different tests and different standards. In addition, as time goes by mental states can change in either direction. As a result, I have seen people fail the psych at one agency, only to pass it at the next and vice versa.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I agree with L-1. I passed a pysch with 1 agency and then failed with another which I took a few weeks later (didn't know results of first one when I too the 2nd). I will say both couldn't have been any different from each other. Written portions were fairly similar, however, actual pysch interviews were totally different. One was very laid back and the other was all business.
      sigpic

Comment

My interview with the shrink was givin to me the same day I took the written part of the physc. But he didn't have the results of the test untill after, so I thought I did o.k. being that I've passed the test before with nypd and new york state troopers. I guess since I didn't take the jobs offered to me with the other agency's he must of thought that I wasn't really interrested in becoming a leo. On top of that they only gave me two hours to complete the written part which had over 1000 questions, where as the other agencys gave me four hours to complete the same test. I thought that was kind of odd.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7023 users online. 393 members and 6630 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X