This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Enforcement Agent?

I was wondering if Immigration Enforcement Agent is similar to correction officer, U.S Marshals, or neither one. I have talk to many people and I'm still confused. Any Information would be great.

IEA used to be called DRO. Detention and Removal Officer.......basically an immigration corrections officer. The position has changed somewhat and they have new job duties, some of which includes fugitive ops. They work closely with Deportation Officers and ICE Agents. Alot of case work and paper work , as is any position related to immigration duties. Supposedly good things are in the pipeline for them. Goes up to a GS 9 on the GS LE scale.
    I believe forgiveness is Gods function; my job is to simply arrange the meeting.

Comment

basically, i'm looking for some action and thought about going into this agency but was not sure if this was the right agency...that is why i wanted to know if this position has action and if they actually go out in the streets looking for criminals...or are criminals brought to them and they have to export them or perform further actions????

Comment

Originally posted by national
        basically, i'm looking for some action and thought about going into this agency but was not sure if this was the right agency...that is why i wanted to know if this position has action and if they actually go out in the streets looking for criminals...or are criminals brought to them and they have to export them or perform further actions????
        lol..........are your really sure you want action? The object of the day is do go home with the same holes you started with. You wanna kick down doors and round up illegals??? If you want real action, join the Border Patrol, they have plenty of action.
        I believe forgiveness is Gods function; my job is to simply arrange the meeting.

Comment

Immigration

Doe's anyone know when Immigration will be hiring again?

Comment

Immigration

Or is there a website that i can go to?

Comment

ALWAYS look on usajobs if you are looking for a Federal job. Here is the announcement you were asking about:

http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/get...9&SUBMIT1.y=22

Comment

Where I am at the IEA's pretty much do transport for BP. However these duties are suppossed to be contracted out which should allow the IEA's to do the fugitive ops, jail checks and other stuff that is part of their job duties.

Comment

Do IEA's receive LEAP?
                  "He pulls a knife you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way and that's how you get Capone. Now......What are you prepared to do?"
                  -Malone-

Comment

I think they receive AUO.
                    Success is my only motherf***ing option,
                    Failure's not.

Comment

Customs

Does anyone here know if customs is going to be giving an exam anytime soon? Is there a website to go to for further information?

Comment

Originally posted by widowmkr
                        Does anyone here know if customs is going to be giving an exam anytime soon? Is there a website to go to for further information?

Go on yahoo and type in "Customs and Border Patrol." Do a little searching on your own and you will find what you need.

Comment

does anyone know when ICE's criminal investigator position is going to be open?

Comment

IEA is open right now ladies and gents. They make it real easy....... go to ICE.gov. Investigator positions are always open. just not advertised, however you do need prior investigation experience along with a degree. They won't just take just because you're prior LE, (eg don't tell them you have invetigations experience just to get a panel interview they will embarass you for wasting their time). These guys are really busy so you better make sure you have what they need (ie language......not Spanish)
                            I just talked to the recruiter yesterday (each field office has one) and they need guys but....with the right background.
                            "He pulls a knife you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way and that's how you get Capone. Now......What are you prepared to do?"
                            -Malone-

Comment

Originally posted by SD5326
                              IEA is open right now ladies and gents. They make it real easy....... go to ICE.gov. Investigator positions are always open. just not advertised, however you do need prior investigation experience along with a degree. They won't just take just because you're prior LE, (eg don't tell them you have invetigations experience just to get a panel interview they will embarass you for wasting their time). These guys are really busy so you better make sure you have what they need (ie language......not Spanish)
                              I just talked to the recruiter yesterday (each field office has one) and they need guys but....with the right background.

Have to agree with everything you said except for the part on having a degree. You do not need a degree for ICE Agent. You can have 3 years of experience or a degree. Both would help you out greatly, but either or is what is required.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9431 users online. 466 members and 8965 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X