NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community Service Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Community Service Officer

    I know that this job is mostly writting parking tickets, but I am still in college and think that it would be a great opportunity. I would be working for a department that is a suburb of milwaukee. I am really excited that I have a chance at it.

    Anyways, any pointers for the interview?
    When a crime breaks out, all the cute girls shout
    get the, good looking guy

  • #2
    Wear a suit to the interview, do a little research about the Department and the University prior to going to the interview in case they ask what you know about the Department/University. Take a look at their Mission Statement or Vision Statement if they have one. Be honest.
    Rated PG-13

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by wild800
      Wear a suit to the interview, do a little research about the Department and the University prior to going to the interview in case they ask what you know about the Department/University. Take a look at their Mission Statement or Vision Statement if they have one. Be honest.
      I do not currently own a suit, do you think that just some dress pants and a dress shirt would work, or would you strongly suggest buying a suit?

      Thank you alot for the info. I have been looking at their web page alittle, but I will read through the mission statement this time instead of just scanning it.
      When a crime breaks out, all the cute girls shout
      get the, good looking guy

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dons
        I do not currently own a suit, do you think that just some dress pants and a dress shirt would work, or would you strongly suggest buying a suit?

        Thank you alot for the info. I have been looking at their web page alittle, but I will read through the mission statement this time instead of just scanning it.
        you are going to need one for future interviews or even presentations in school...i'd get one

        Comment


        • #5
          Hmmmm, I don't know to much about suits.

          Does anyone have any recomendations on a good suit? While giving recomendations, please try to remember that I am only a poor college student.
          When a crime breaks out, all the cute girls shout
          get the, good looking guy

          Comment


          • #6
            Go to salvation Army, or Goodwill, You can probably pick up a decent suit for less than 20, Look for the basic grey flannel or black suit. Find a female to help you, one that you trust and does not have a stake in keeping you out of law enforcement. Make sure the pants just break on the top of your dress shoes. Most of the suits there will belong to old dead guys, No big.
            Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

            Comment


            • #7
              I agree, you can get a suit from salvation army or anyplace that sells used clothing, if you tell the sales clerk you are trying to put something together for an interview she may be able to point you towards what you need.

              If you have some extra cash, you could always look on the clearance racks at Macy's or Nordstroms and get something brand new in the $200.00 range. You will also need dress shoes, a dress shirt and a tie and could probably get all of that new for around $300-350.00.
              Rated PG-13

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dons
                Hmmmm, I don't know to much about suits.

                Does anyone have any recomendations on a good suit? While giving recomendations, please try to remember that I am only a poor college student.
                men's wearhouse and s&k menswear always have deals going on...u should check them out too...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gomets11
                  men's wearhouse and s&k menswear always have deals going on...u should check them out too...
                  I got a decent suit from Men's Warehouse for around 200-300 and the people working there know everything you need to know about how they're supposed to fit, what's appropriate for interviews, etc...

                  Comment

                  MR300x250 Tablet

                  Collapse

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 2990 users online. 181 members and 2809 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                  Welcome Ad

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X