300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me if I have a chance

I'm 23 and about to graduate college. When I was 16, I recieved a speeding ticket, a theft under 500 at 19 that was dismissed according to deferred adjudification, a MIP at 17, and another speeding ticket at 22. Am I totally screwed? What do I have to do to have a future in law enforcement? Do my tickets have to be expunged? Please help..

First off your 2 Tickets are not that big of a deal! Second, you need to find out at the specific department you are going to apply to, if they will DQ you or not! The Theft may be an issue, but thats for you and the department to discuss, etc. If it was $499.99 it may be an issue since you have to have integrity and trust in LE. However, again like the tickets, find out if you will be DQ'ed or not. Thats the best thing to do from this point. Even if you "try" and have your tickets expunged, they will still be on your permanent record, you might not have any points. Good luck.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I'll most likely look for a LE job in Tampa, FL. Does anyone know if these misdemeanors will hurt me to the point to where I can't get a job? Does expunging my records look bad?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5412 users online. 299 members and 5113 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X