300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montogmery County

Just a second to say that I meet with my BI tomorrow morning at 9am for Montgomery County. Looking forward to it. It is my initial interview with them. Anyone have any idea what I should expect?? How long I should be there?? Seal?? Chiller?? I know you 2 are ahead of me with this department. Let me know.

PittsburghKid
    Reputation is the cornerstone of power

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY POLICE
    Written - Passed
    Physical test - Passed
    Background Investigation - Finished
    Oral Board - Passed
    Polygraph - Passed
    Chief's Decision - Pending
    Medical Exam - Pending Chief's Decision
    Psycological Exam - Pending Chief's Decision

Originally posted by PittsburghKid
    Just a second to say that I meet with my BI tomorrow morning at 9am for Montgomery County. Looking forward to it. It is my initial interview with them. Anyone have any idea what I should expect?? How long I should be there?? Seal?? Chiller?? I know you 2 are ahead of me with this department. Let me know.

PittsburghKid
    Hey boss, the BI just goes over your packet with you and gives you the last chance to change anything that might be incorrect before its "official". I had my appt. a few weeks ago at 6am and was back on the road by 715am. They fingerprint you then make you answer a few essay questions to make sure you can write legibly and coherently. Let me know who your BI is, we might have the same guy. Mine worked for the Park Police at one time.
    PS I dont think Chiller is in the Mont. County process, I know he is in the MPDC (DC Police) process with me, though. Oh yeah, the BI said he was impressed when I showed up wearing a suit and that most people do NOT get dressed up for the interview, so that is definitely a plus to go with at LEAST a shirt and tie. Good luck and let me know how it goes, its very relaxed.

Comment

Smoooooooth

Seal,
      Everything was smooth. My BI is Tony Brown. He was a really cool down to earth guy. We went over the packet and made some corrections and changes, but all in all it was smooth. I walked in with my folder full of papers and notes and copies of important documents he might want (which he did, without telling me he wanted them. Stayed a step ahead of him ) I did go in with a suit, tie and the whole deal........Polished like a damn country club wine glass He was "highly impressed"!! He told me basically that from what we talked about and went over, there shouldnt be any probelm the rest of the way. I was scheduled at 9, got there at 830, which he thanked me for being early. And we finished about 1230. We actually shot the breeze about a lot of stuff not related with police work or our interview believe it or not for about an hour, just life and other stuff. Really got to know each other on a personal level. Great guy. So Im feeling pretty good. Ill let you know when the next step is. Polygraph is next

Thanks for the info bro!
      PittsburghKid
      ps - he liked my driving record...........6 different window tint tickets and 3 different window tint warnings. Wondered what I did to deserve them all. Told him I never peeled it when the police said to. We got back to the interview 5 minutes later after a nice laugh together

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

Written - Passed
      Physical test - Passed
      Oral Board - Passed
      Polygraph - Passed

Comment

That's great man, good to hear. Seems like we both were extremely lucky to have our intial steps go as easily as they did for us. Keep me posted and I will do the same.

Comment

Hey KID, so I guess your gonna leave the Burgh huh? Good, have fun. Be careful though,the real estate aint like Pittsburgh. No such thing as a house under 100,000. FOr ahundred grand u get a hammer, some nails and some 4X8s. Good luck. I looked into that area twice in the past 5 yrs. Real estate went from a nice townhouse around 180,000 to the same thing at about 300,000 now. They also dont pay what thjey should but ai guess no one does, Except Monroeville
          I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
            For ahundred grand u get a hammer, some nails and some 4X8s.
            LMAO ROFL
            I am dying, that was great. 4x8's?! Thats smaller than what the scum Id be arresting gets. I agree with you, it isnt cheap. I found a place really really cheap though and its not in the 'hood. They call it a take home or something......... Ill just live out of that for a the first 5 years!!!

PittsburghKid

Written - Passed
            Physical test - Passed
            Oral Board - Passed
            Polygraph - Passed

Comment

Hey guys I have a few questions for you about the process...

- I am taking my test on this coming saturday the 15th of October, and am currently finishing up the questionaire packet. However my certified driving record, and my transcripts will not be available by this weekend.. Do you think this will present a problem....or should I attempt to reschedule

- It states that if you are 90 plus miles away, which I am they give both the oral and written on the same day. However, it states that I am only scheduled for the written.

- How is the QAB's, is it your basic type of questions as in any other LE oral boards or is it somthing more specific. Please give me all available information without disclosing any confidential or unethical information.

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by CJguy
                Hey guys I have a few questions for you about the process...

- I am taking my test on this coming saturday the 15th of October, and am currently finishing up the questionaire packet. However my certified driving record, and my transcripts will not be available by this weekend.. Do you think this will present a problem....or should I attempt to reschedule

- It states that if you are 90 plus miles away, which I am they give both the oral and written on the same day. However, it states that I am only scheduled for the written.

- How is the QAB's, is it your basic type of questions as in any other LE oral boards or is it somthing more specific. Please give me all available information without disclosing any confidential or unethical information.

Thanks!!
                Hey man.

As for your college credits and driving record, when my BI contacted me, he told me to bring them then. So I had them sent to him, or you could bring them. And the driving record, its another thing you could bring at that time. Shouldnt be any harm.

If you are 90+ miles away, better suit up for the interview. Mine was written only, but because you are (as I was) 90+, you will be given your test score right there along with everyone else. They will ask you if you where you're from and then have your picture taken and you'll sit in a room for about 9 days waiting for the interviews to go thru until they get to you! I waited about 2 hours before they got to me. But definitely dress to impress.....suit, tie, shined shoes, no facial hair, no ear rings...etc. You will have the interview so long as you get a 75 or better on the test.

As far as the questions go, panel of 3 officers of various rank, you get 11 questions and they are hypothetical questions that really test your decision making, thought process, and how you would handle certain situations under stress. Same old same you've probably already heard before. Be real articulate and answer like you are prepared. Dont stumble on your answers or mumble, and DO NOT change your answers....EVER. Stick with what you answer. They like to see that you are confident.

You'll do fine man, once you get thru that, you're golden. The backround is actually kinda cool. My BI is great....cool, calm, laid back, laughs, jokes, and talks about life when we met. Was real comfortable with him. Good luck and keep me and Seal posted on how you do. Academy starts in January. (Start running now and getting in shape NOW )

PittsburghKid

Written - Passed
                Physical test - Passed
                Oral Board - Passed
                Polygraph - Passed

Comment

Took the exam, the written and the oral today did well and passed. The testing process is not rough at all. Sounds like a really good department to work for, hopefully we will get in. The next academy is January 17th. Hopefully if we process they will give us adequate time to find housing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5381 users online. 297 members and 5084 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X